Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who will be our #2 RB and WR?

LJpalmbeacher2

3 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Mack, Jones, Wilkins, Himes 

Hilton and Cain on the outside with Grant, Rogers in the slot with Himes and Fountain learning the ropes and running fly patterns....

Just my $0.02....

Hmmmm.... You should do my depth chart in Madden. But first I need to create the new draftees. Haha

48 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Mack will probably be our #1 back. Which rook will be #2?

Will Grant be our #2 WR? And if so who between Cain or Fountain will supplant him?

How are gonna say mack is gonna be the starter when he barely showed anything against good defense's i rather have hines as our #1 and mack as a 3rd down back and ryan grant is already our #2 WR our #3 WR is gonna be Deon Cain tbh

I hope Wilkins impresses this summer and earns RB1. Wilkins and Mack can then rotate in and out this season. I'd rather those guys play and develop than have a vet out there. Of course if they can't pass protect neither will see the field much...

38 minutes ago, Indy1996 said:

How are gonna say mack is gonna be the starter when he barely showed anything against good defense's i rather have hines as our #1 and mack as a 3rd down back and ryan grant is already our #2 WR our #3 WR is gonna be Deon Cain tbh

Mack hardly played. When he played vs SF he was responsible for the win. He's the incumbant. Hines has yet to get a carry in nfl.

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Mack hardly played. When he played vs SF he was responsible for the win. He's the incumbant. Hines has yet to get a carry in nfl.

Let me remind you SF had a terrible defense last year wym he barley play he played most the time behind gore he still got 10+ snaps most games i still i rather have hines or wilkins as the starter

Personally...   even though I like our draft, I'm in favor of signing both CJ Anderson as our lead back and Darrelle Inman as our WR2... 

Let the kids learn from the vets for a year...   don't overwhelm them by asking them to do too much too soon.  Learn to walk before you run.

I hope this happens, but I wouldn't bet the house on it...   we'll find out in the next10-14 days...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SP_21 said:

I hope Wilkins impresses this summer and earns RB1. Wilkins and Mack can then rotate in and out this season. I'd rather those guys play and develop than have a vet out there. Of course if they can't pass protect neither will see the field much...

Wilkins was PFF #4 RB in the draft, for pass pro.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

Most likely Rogers but we still need a big WR. 

We need a big receiver we have deon cain and the other guy we drafted 

45 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Mack is currently rb1. It's his job to lose.

There's a good chance it could be RBC but on depth chart I'll predict it's Mack.

I can't assume on someome who is currently not on roster.

Um no he isn't actually nobody is until depth chart comes out so don't assume stuff

47 minutes ago, Myles said:

I haven't seen a negative side to signing Anderson yet. 

Me neither. He may not want to come here after us selecting 2 backs, having a 3rd young back from last year along with 3 veterans on the roster. I suspect Ballard will roll with one of the Vets already on the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indy1996 said:

We need a big receiver we have deon cain and the other guy we drafted 

Um no he isn't actually nobody is until depth chart comes out so don't assume stuff

Actually there is a 'very early depth chart' fwiw. Lol.

It looks like you really have a dislike for Mack. That's ok and we can agree to disagree and I giess we'll see how it plays out.

13 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Actually there is a 'very early depth chart' fwiw. Lol.

It looks like you really have a dislike for Mack. That's ok and we can agree to disagree and I giess we'll see how it plays out.

I dont dislike him he doesnt have the talent to be a starter at all i rather have wilkins or hines as a starter

I liked Mack, but the guy had difficuly breaking any tackles

I like him as a 3rd down back

Hopefully he spent some time in the weight room this offseason

Unfortunately, we have only one "bruiser" RB, and thats Turbin

Wilkins has some good tape.... watch the LSU highlights.  The Alabama game had big runs but were against the scrubs

I am all for CJ Anderson, but I dont think that it will happen

I think we are a little light at RB (size wize)

But........  I have to start thinking.... "We have a line now, we have a line now....."

19 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Mack will probably be our #1 back. Which rook will be #2?

Will Grant be our #2 WR? And if so who between Cain or Fountain will supplant him?

I can see Grant being our # 2, with Cain being 3. although id prefer to have the big guy outside and grant in the slot.

Mack will be number 1, unless Hines shows something better in camp. BUT hines will be # 2 followed by Wilkins (yes i think he does enough to prove he should be on the roster come week 1) 

Definitely going to be an interesting summer and pre season this year. 

14 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

I can see Grant being our # 2, with Cain being 3. although id prefer to have the big guy outside and grant in the slot.

Mack will be number 1, unless Hines shows something better in camp. BUT hines will be # 2 followed by Wilkins (yes i think he does enough to prove he should be on the roster come week 1) 

Definitely going to be an interesting summer and pre season this year. 

Agree. Mack will get first crack at 1, Wilkins at 2. Turbin and Hines will be situational 3rd down backs with Hines sprinkled in 2 back sets. I think Ferguson porbably out, Jones not sure.

All of a sudden a short wr list just got interesting. I dont see Dez just because of CBalls youth movement. With that said we need that possession guy. He could be Boldin type. Behind TY is the ? Im a call it here, Grant and Ismael will take Rogers spot in the slot and Cobbs and Cain on outside. Both those dudes are bigger options with great ability. So #2 is Grant just because of experience. IMO of course:)

Jordan Wilkins will be our #1 I think. Then Mack will be our #2. I really think Wilkins can be good for us. Just watch his tape against LSU and Alabama. He will have a much better line than he did at Ole Miss too, so there is a lot to be excited about with this kid. 

His running style reminds me a lot of Leveon Bell, running with patience and balance. His biggest issue to me seems to be his pass protection, but overall he seems like he was slept on and I’m glad we ended up with him.