Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Earl Grey

BlueShoe

On 5/1/2018 at 3:37 PM, crazycolt1 said:

I still don't get how he turned into someone who don't have good sportsmanship in this forum? It's puzzling to me.

I learned a long time ago that Colts fans can come up with some crazy %. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/30/2018 at 7:33 PM, Douzer said:

You know those defensive guys aren't out there playing patty cake. And you know some of those guys will throw an O-lineman on the ground and step on his facemask on the way to body slam a QB. There's also a lot big mouths who talk a lot of s**t. I think his power slams are doled out accordingly!

I personally cant wait to see him bag JJ Watt. Cant wait. And it WILL happen!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

I don’t think his intentions are to actually Tee Bag anyone. I think his intention is to put all his weight on them and wear them out. He is just a big guy. 

Look at the first video on page 1 of this thread. It was intentional.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I don’t think he is Tee Bagging people on purpose. LOL

And I am the OP. :D 

I know you're the OP, but fisticuffs posted the first video. He clearly dips his groin down on the guy after he throws him to the ground.

Either way, we've needed this kind of attitude in this oline for some time. I'm glad he's here.

12 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Two big things with a better OL: #1.) the three-and-outs will be greatly reduced #2.) The Colts will be in scoring position much more often.

You forgot perhaps the most important thing: The Defense wont be on the field nearly as much. That will help immensely in the 4th quarter. 

1 hour ago, Pelt said:

I know you're the OP, but fisticuffs posted the first video. He clearly dips his groin down on the guy after he throws him to the ground.

Either way, we've needed this kind of attitude in this oline for some time. I'm glad he's here.

I think he is intentionally sitting on people. He even mentioned he does that. He wants to wear his opponent out. 

He is not intentionally putting his junk in people’s faces. It may appear that way, but I don’t think he is doing it on purpose. 

Well, it's obvious I am in the minority here. But I will say things in a different way, not that it is going to change anyone's mind. 

The idea that to bend your crotch into someones face is going to cause intimidation speaks more to me about what would intimidate YOU, than what would intimidate a player that does this for a living. You know what I guess would be intimidating to NFL players? Getting beat by the Jets on the road in the first game of the playoffs...41-0. 

This other stuff is just side show antics. 

3 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

The idea that to bend your crotch into someones face is going to cause intimidation speaks more to me about what would intimidate YOU, than what would intimidate a player that does this for a living.

Not what we're saying at all.

Being bullied into the ground on the receiving end of a block is intimidating when you're a millionaire in the NFL expected to be the man.

Being sat on then by the road grader who decimated your rear is just a mind and physical game

34 minutes ago, TheMarine said:

Not what we're saying at all.

Being bullied into the ground on the receiving end of a block is intimidating when you're a millionaire in the NFL expected to be the man.

Being sat on then by the road grader who decimated your rear is just a mind and physical game

To clarify, I have no issue with sitting on someone as long as it doesn't draw a flag. Sitting your crotch on someone's face is a different thing. 

On April 29, 2018 at 9:09 AM, SteelCityColt said:

file-56f540bfae28b.jpg

OMG that is so hilarious SCC! I forgot all about Captain John Luc Picard's favorite beverage: earl grey tea-hot. Nice. :thmup:

Suddenly, this thread went from football to a high society taster's choice corner man. 

• Like 1

On April 30, 2018 at 1:30 PM, stitches said:

You can see him do the tea bag thing all the time on his highlight video. He would throw the defender down and just crouch over him and his face... it's the most disrespectful and dominating tape I've seen recently. 

I've seen that clip before or a close variation of it anyway. I never get tired of watching it. Just what we need: Swag & a closer baby. Thanks stitches. 

On April 30, 2018 at 4:09 PM, coltsfeva said:

I like his assertiveness but does this cross the line of good sportsmanship?

I mean, would we want Gronkowski to do this to one of our guys? Would we want our kids doing it? I don’t think Dungy would approve.

I may be a minority here but I think it’s crossing the line. Drive the guy to the turf and you’ve done your job.

On May 1, 2018 at 6:57 AM, coltsfeva said:

I don’t have a problem with him playing with an attitude and I’m sure he will dominate. 

I’ve always admired players for their talent and he is absolutely talented.

What is more admirable than talent is them being a decent human being at the same time. 

Good sportsmanship is a real thing. You can be great and have class. If you push the boundaries, you may find yourself on the wrong end of a chop block with a season-ending injury.

I would not be surprised if the refs flag him for taunting. If that’s the case, he can correct things. He just has to grow up in that area.

On May 1, 2018 at 5:38 PM, coltsfeva said:

I was always taught; “when you beat a guy, don’t rub it in his face”.

I think this “literally” covers that.

Don’t get me wrong, I am looking forward to him manhandling opponents. There’s just something that seems wrong about doing this on purpose. 

You probably are in the minority here regarding Nelson's style of play CFA, which is fine. I like people who push against the grain & go against conventional wisdom anyway. It takes big ones to say what you said knowing full well the backlash would inevitably come your way. I get what you're saying. It's not mandatory to humiliate the guy across from you. Just create the hole, shed your blocks, & give INDY a chance to gain yards & walk away with 6 points. 

My take: The trenches is all about intimidation & exerting your will against a common foe. I'm totally cool with Nelson's eliminate the competition's will ASAP & I don't see taunting being a huge problem actually. He'll adjust to the NFL accordingly like a vast majority of college players do. There's nothing to fret over Nelson personally. I'm not worried in the slightest.

On May 2, 2018 at 4:00 PM, Fisticuffs111 said:

The only thing I worry about, especially now that it’s making the rounds, is players trying to retaliate if it happens to them, like illegal shots to the knees and such.

Good point. Sometimes, jealousy can lead fellas not as athletically gifted as Nelson to jeopardize a guy's career or ability to earn a living. Well said FC11. 

Nelson will learn really quick at this level the gentlemen's agreement among players.  Where not to go on the humiliation front & his rivals in turn won't try to bust him up longterm avoiding head shots, knee shots, & blindside shots on defenseless guys. 

People are complaining our new monster guard is too mean, lol.  He clearly is not doing it to rub his nuts on their faces, he's just sitting on them.  He's showing his dominance and making sure they stay down.  Humiliating your opponent is not being a bad sport, give me a break.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2018 at 5:09 PM, coltsfeva said:

I like his assertiveness but does this cross the line of good sportsmanship?

I mean, would we want Gronkowski to do this to one of our guys? Would we want our kids doing it? I don’t think Dungy would approve.

I may be a minority here but I think it’s crossing the line. Drive the guy to the turf and you’ve done your job.

You know, I've thought about this some more, and I'm putting the shoe on the other foot for a sec... ouch, my toes... haha

But seriously, I tried to think about the Pats, Jags, Texans, Titans, Steelers, etc. drafting Nelson, and then having to watch him do this to the Colts DLine...

chris-rock-scared.gif

OR... what if JJ Watt/Jurrell Casey/Malik Jackson TBags Nelson in their first game, just to send a message?

giphy.gif

We might have a division rivalry ramped up over some Tea...

FIGHTS, FLAGS AND FINES  --  The Story Of The 2018 Indianapolis Tea Party: When JJ Watt/Jurrell Casey/Malik Jackson was thrown into the Broad Ripple Canal by Quenton Nelson, and then promptly Tbagged by Pat McAfee, who was already enjoying a nice swim in the canal anyway.

15 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Humiliating your opponent on purpose IS being a bad sport.

Fixed it for you.  :thmup:

I like that Quenton Nelson is so good that he CAN Tbag a DLineman and take away their will to play against him...

BUT, since he's a "professional" now, I might advise that he leave the tea in his college days.

21-kermit-tea.w710.h473.2x.jpg

He should just play "dead-weight" once he gets them on the ground.  Become a human cage, get facemask-to-facemask, and ask them how the wife-n-kids are doin while they struggle to get out from under him.  Give 'em the ol' Andrew Luck treatment.  :D

:2c: