Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Earl Grey

BlueShoe

13 minutes ago, Trueman said:

God, I can’t wait to watch this kid. I’ve waited my entire adult life to see a dude like this on the Colts.

Let’s start punching people in the mouth.

Man I am so with you on that. It's time to start "giving" the beatings as opposed to "taking" the beatings.

Only on the field of course!

Domestically we need gentlemen who can handle the fortune and fame.

46 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I am thinking Haeg or Goode. 

I hope not honestly. I'm over that experiment.

Hopefully they can somehow mix and match one of these new guys to get a different answer at RT.

51 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Feeling good about Nelson/Kelly/Smith (or Mewhort) in the middle of the Oline.

Million dollar question is who is our RT ?

Good.  He won the job last year and the only guy I see beating him out is Smith if they decide to go there.  I know the consensus is Smith stays at G but FWIW Polian did say they drafted Smith to play RT.  We shall see.  Good played well until he got hurt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Good.  He won the job last year and the only guy I see beating him out is Smith if they decide to go there.  I know the consensus is Smith stays at G but FWIW Polian did say they drafted Smith to play RT.  We shall see.  Good played well until he got hurt. 

It will be interesting.
Good lost weight and was a little quicker and better last season.
I expect Smith to get trained for both positions. And he could beat out Good at RT with Slauson winning the RG spot.
I think i would like that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

It will be interesting.
Good lost weight and was a little quicker and better last season.
I expect Smith to get trained for both positions. And he could beat out Good at RT with Slauson winning the RG spot.
I think i would like that.

Good did lose weight and was quicker and better last season.  I can see both Good and Smith winning starting spots.  Slauson is the older veteran but I would prefer the younger guys nail down the positions for the long haul if they can do it.  I am hoping we finally get the line permanently fixed this year. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

That's awesome.  I noticed him doing that to a bunch of guys on film.

I call it the "Full-Nelson" move.  If Quenton gets his hands on you, you're already in the Half-Nelson, and you know what's coming as soon as he puts your butt on the ground.

haha

That's great LCF! haha

I loved the quote from one of the NFL scouts that I am sure RapSheet also shared, "Guards don't have highlight reels, but Nelson has a highlight reel".

Man I cant wait to see him throw some guys around!

• Like 4

That is a violent toss to the ground and I love it!! I don’t know who that player was he tossed but it wasn’t like it was from a small school with undersized players, it was LSU. Pretty impressive. 

With Nelson, Kelly and Smith (or Mewhort), our running game should open up and the passing game will certainly benefit from it. Hopefully, we finally have guards that can pull. Does a center ever pull in a scheme and what’s Kelly’s ability to do that if asked? It’s going to be a relief to know that we only have the RT spot to be concerned with as opposed to LG, RG and RT spots needing a player. Should be a fun offense to watch this season. 

I 've seen many a pancake in my life,  but not too many "tea bags", lol, but is that actually even legal in the NFL - throwing a guy down like that?  It's not considered holding?  I know you can grab a guy's jersey as long as you keep the arms in close, but can you toss him around?  Just wondering...

6 hours ago, Jdubu said:

That is a violent toss to the ground and I love it!! I don’t know who that player was he tossed but it wasn’t like it was from a small school with undersized players, it was LSU. Pretty impressive. 

With Nelson, Kelly and Smith (or Mewhort), our running game should open up and the passing game will certainly benefit from it. Hopefully, we finally have guards that can pull. Does a center ever pull in a scheme and what’s Kelly’s ability to do that if asked? It’s going to be a relief to know that we only have the RT spot to be concerned with as opposed to LG, RG and RT spots needing a player. Should be a fun offense to watch this season. 

It seems the player that Nelson tea bagged is K'Lavon Chaisson  6-4 240 lbs. OLB for LSU

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I 've seen many a pancake in my life,  but not too many "tea bags", lol, but is that actually even legal in the NFL - throwing a guy down like that?  It's not considered holding?  I know you can grab a guy's jersey as long as you keep the arms in close, but can you toss him around?  Just wondering...

Probably but even the Ref might step back and say "damn" to himself. :D

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It seems the player that Nelson tea bagged is K'Lavon Chaisson  6-4 240 lbs. OLB for LSU

You can see him do the tea bag thing all the time on his highlight video. He would throw the defender down and just crouch over him and his face... it's the most disrespectful and dominating tape I've seen recently. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Ha!  Wasn't he a freshman?  Watch him put on weight, and we'll draft him in two years!

Could be, stranger things has happened. 

I bet he took some serious razzing from his team mates after them all seeing the tape of that.

I will freely admit to have been on the Roquan Smith bandwagon.

Having said that - among the many things I like about the Nelson pick is the belief of what his attitude will do for ALL of the O'linemen.  Dakich was talking about this today and how important it is.  

The other thing that stood out in the last couple of days was how much Ballard believed they got bullied last year on the offensive and defensive lines.  Your hear that and understand why they went in the direction they did.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stitches said:

You can see him do the tea bag thing all the time on his highlight video. He would throw the defender down and just crouch over him and his face... it's the most disrespectful and dominating tape I've seen recently. 

I like his assertiveness but does this cross the line of good sportsmanship?

I mean, would we want Gronkowski to do this to one of our guys? Would we want our kids doing it? I don’t think Dungy would approve.

I may be a minority here but I think it’s crossing the line. Drive the guy to the turf and you’ve done your job.

• Like 1