Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles Draft Monster Rugby Player

He is definatley huge...and those guys he was tossing around aren’t light weights. I will say I found it unusual they drafted him for OL since there is so much more to learn with play calls and protections and nuance with movement and hand placement etc. If he played DL at least he could get by some by over powering and play with instinct and athleticism somewhat while he learns more. I doubt it works but when you win the SB you can do stuff like this.

I played Rugby against Haloti Ngata in high school. His high school highlights were like this dude x100. Pretty sure he gave me a concussion but at one point I think he stiff armed 8 dudes and carried the other 7 on his back for a score.Watching this guys highlights on NFL network gave me some PTSD lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, dgambill said:

He is definatley huge...and those guys he was tossing around aren’t light weights. I will say I found it unusual they drafted him for OL since there is so much more to learn with play calls and protections and nuance with movement and hand placement etc. If he played DL at least he could get by some by over powering and play with instinct and athleticism somewhat while he learns more. I doubt it works but when you win the SB you can do stuff like this.

Well if he don't make their roster maybe we should take a look.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Well if he don't make their roster maybe we should take a look.

He is a big project in ever sense of the word. He will be a practice squad guy and have to decide if working like heck to make it in the nfl is worth passing up a more certain career in rugby. If he shows promise the he will get up to the big league...or a team might just let Philly do all the grunt work and steal him away when he looks ready. We don’t have the luxury of such a project. 

12 hours ago, dgambill said:

He is a big project in ever sense of the word. He will be a practice squad guy and have to decide if working like heck to make it in the nfl is worth passing up a more certain career in rugby. If he shows promise the he will get up to the big league...or a team might just let Philly do all the grunt work and steal him away when he looks ready. We don’t have the luxury of such a project. 

Sure we do we have a better staff now I believe then Pagano's worthless staff may actually be able to develop talent now.

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Sure we do we have a better staff now I believe then Pagano's worthless staff may actually be able to develop talent now.

It's not so much that we won't be able to develop talent...we just have so many needs that we can't afford a guy on the 53 or even on the practice squad that isn't close to contributing. We have a ton of young talent and a lot of question marks...so we have to make sure as many people we keep around are guys that have a lot of potential to step in if needed. Having guys that have no immediate value or are a very long shot to help the team we just don't have a strong enough 53 to say that's ok...we will keep you around for a few years and see if anything develops. That was all I'm saying. It isn't so much we can't teach...we just need guys that are more ready to contribute right away because of all the question marks is what I'm getting at. Philly has a pretty set roster..they have time and resources and luxury of investing on very very long shots.