Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft Clemson WR Deion Cain (Merge)

Gigc

Just now, polk_high_allstar said:

Love this pick!  Any reason for the slide?

trying to find out why he slid as well some grade on him were 3/4rd round he replaces Moncrief and we did it in the 6th round tells you about how deep this draft is.

• Like 1

Just now, CheezyColt said:

A big name that you've heard of! Let's see what new and exciting ways our fan base can come up with to % on this pick too!

Grigson 2.0. Terrible pick. Only picked him because he's a big name player. Move over Browns, here comes the Colts! :sarcasm:

1 minute ago, waka waka said:

trying to find out why he slid as well some grade on him were 3/4rd round he replaces Moncrief and we did it in the 6th round tells you about how deep this draft is.

Been praising the depth of this draft for months. While the top WRs aren't top notch, they are super deep

I've seen him play several times. Clemson is our (SC) arch rival. I would say the only negative on him is consistency. He will make a great play and on the next drop a perfectly thrown ball. He has all the physical tools you want, big and fast, in a wr. I don't know why he dropped this far. I'm glad we were able to get him because he definitely has a lot of potential.

Just now, bananabucket said:

I always thought he was overrated with the 2nd/3rd round talk, thought 4th or 5th was more appropriate.  So I can't complain with the value.

Yep. Martavis Bryant from Clemson was drafted at end of round 4, right??? He turned out good as time went on, so I am sure they can find a similar use for Deon Cain. 

1 minute ago, SC-Coltsfan said:

I've seen him play several times. Clemson is our (SC) arch rival. I would say the only negative on him is consistency. He will make a great play and on the next drop a perfectly thrown ball. He has all the physical tools you want, big and fast, in a wr. I don't why he dropped this far. I'm glad we were able to get him because he definitely has a lot of potential.

So your saying he's Pierre Garcon with a pot problem??

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Can’t be upset with grabbing him in the 6th round. His talent is arguably better but he is raw.  Like that we are trying to focus on finding ourselves some playmakers today. I see Ballard and his day themed approach to this year’s draft.  

I bet Reich has loved our picks today.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I bet Reich has loved our picks today.

I’m sure. Taken in its totality...without focusing on who we didn’t get that we could have...what we actually did get with our draft haul is actually quite exciting.  

Just watched some clips of Cain and this kid is a fly route killa!  OMG...Ballard got a steal getting this kid here in my opinion.  If Cain can develop his route tree, we might really have something special here.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, SC-Coltsfan said:

I've seen him play several times. Clemson is our (SC) arch rival. I would say the only negative on him is consistency. He will make a great play and on the next drop a perfectly thrown ball. He has all the physical tools you want, big and fast, in a wr. I don't know why he dropped this far. I'm glad we were able to get him because he definitely has a lot of potential.

So he's literally Moncrief version 2.0