Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Henry Anderson Traded To Jets

Case

Scheme changes are dumb.

Adjust your scheme to the players you have.  Instead though we just dump the few talented players we have in this team.  Until about 3 to 5 years from now we change coaching staffs and dump all the talented guys from this scheme and go back to the scheme we just quit using.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

That's when you don't explain your player analysis.  Right now is a perfect time, there's a chance someone in an NFL team front office will notice how good you are and then hire you.

We can work across one another. Like the draft picks Sat. Overall. An A! 

I said this when Ballard come in. Don't pencil any of the guys he drafted in and don't be surprised if Ballards guts the roster of all his picks except for Hilton and Doyle. Henry Anderson wasn't a scheme fit and he didn't draft him. Not a bad move to get something for a player likely to be cut and was in a contract year. I love that Ballard is a completely different GM than Grigson. He isn't married to anyone, including the guys he brings in.

1 minute ago, JColts72 said:

We can work across one another. Like the draft picks Sat. Overall. An A! 

I haven't given any grades, but you already knew that.  See the problem with people like you is that you think you know what you're talking about, but you really have no clue at all.  However, you continue to spout off like you really do.

7 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Scheme changes are dumb.

Adjust your scheme to the players you have.  Instead though we just dump the few talented players we have in this team.  Until about 3 to 5 years from now we change coaching staffs and dump all the talented guys from this scheme and go back to the scheme we just quit using.

That Rarely happens in major College Ball and almost never in the NFL

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

I can't see Simon starting at DE. No way he'll hold up there against the run from a true DE position IMO.

Sure he will. He's been fine as a SOLB since he's been in the league, he'll be fine as a RDE in our system. I'll be glad to see him back as he was at Ohio State.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Scheme changes are dumb.

Really? Hankins was a good player but not an all pro ie replaceable production. Anderson couldn’t stay healthy.  Every team does it this way. 

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Scheme changes are dumb.

You sound like a guy that is somehow shocked that the players Grigson drafted aren't as good as you think. I'm not saying Anderson was some scrub, but if he went for a 7th, clearly the league doesn't think he's a top level play maker. Impact defenders don't get traded for 7th rounders.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

You sound like a guy that is somehow shocked that the players Grigson drafted aren't as good as you think. I'm not saying Anderson was some scrub, but if he went for a 7th, clearly the league doesn't think he's a top level play maker. Impact defenders don't get traded for 7th rounders.

Tavon Austin was traded for a 6th

22 minutes ago, Nate! said:

Wow.  This thread reads as if Henry Anderson had been in some pro bowls.   Was solid as a rookie and been injured since.  Shocked Colts got anything for him.  Remember, Hankins, who clearly had a better year, couldn’t even net a 7.

Wanted to note I wouldn’t have traded him and held out hope he’d turn things around.  However, if at the voluntary workouts he looked awful, could see why you wouldn’t want to wait and get nothing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

I haven't given any grades, but you already knew that.  See the problem with people like you is that you think you know what you're talking about, but you really have no clue at all.  However, you continue to spout off like you really do.

And u are so high and mighty like only your view is all that matters. Well it does not. It's still US of A here and each can disagree. So leave it at that. Worse here then expressing political views in the real world.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Scheme changes are dumb.

Scheme changes are necessary. Why would you keep a 3-4 defense with a coach and manager that doesn't believe in the 3-4 defense... especially when it has failed this franchise miserably the last 6 years?? 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Henry Anderson is a talented player we just gave away regardless of scheme fit..Some of these moves boggle my mind..We had a chance to really kill this draft..Hopefully I'm wrong..At this point I tgink I'd rather have Grigson with a good coach who can develop players..

I agree.

But it's NOT our turn to win. And when it's not your turn the football God's don't want you to accumulate talent or even keep talent you already have.

1 hour ago, bsteves said:

For the 235th pick?! You can't be serious..

We basically gave him away. I don’t think much of 7th round picks.  I think the draft really only needs to be 6 rounds.   Seventh rounders could just as easily be undrafted rookie free agents. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, TouchdownMonkey said:

At the time of trade every one was pumped about not one person was saying it was dumb till Trent didn't show up. Trent failed not Grigson, not saying Grigson was good lol.

Look up Jim Brown’s quotes about Richardson prior to and after the trade.

1 minute ago, Buck Showalter said:

Lol...

You hitting those wine spritzers a little hard today???

Actually looks like ballard been hitting something stronger than wine spritzers with the way the draft and FA went. 

Of course the blind naive homers are drinking the kool aid and waiting patiently for 5 years hoping for a season with a winning record.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

What has Henry Anderson done do warrant something more than a 7th rounder? I like they guy but he was a shell of his rookie season. 

Colts fans tend to overate their own players. He was a bad fit in the 4-3 and was probably going to be cut. 

Remember these are the same fans that were saying TY is better than OBJ :sleepy:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Actually looks like ballard been hitting something stronger than wine spritzers with the way the draft and FA went. 

Of course the blind naive homers are drinking the kool aid and waiting patiently for 5 years hoping for a season with a winning record.

Lol...

Not sure, if "understanding & getting" Ballard's approach is blind homerism then I guess so...

20 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

We basically gave him away. I don’t think much of 7th round picks.  I think the draft really only needs to be 6 rounds.   Seventh rounders could just as easily be undrafted rookie free agents. 

Perhaps but we've also seen where a pair of 7s can get you back into the 6th round...

17 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Anxious to see if change you user name in a few years when Colts are doing well!

Maybe we should have stuck with the 3-4 for another year just to have time to adjust to all of the monumental changes? We just allocated a great deal of draft resources for the offense whilst cutting serviceable parts on defense. That cupboard will be pretty bare on defense, in particular when we start losing bodies to the war of attrition that is the NFL regular season.

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

Henry Anderson is a talented player we just gave away regardless of scheme fit..Some of these moves boggle my mind..We had a chance to really kill this draft..Hopefully I'm wrong..At this point I tgink I'd rather have Grigson with a good coach who can develop players..

You nailed it.

So far I have seen 2 drafts and 2 FA signing periods from Ballard.  There is literally not one thing he has done where I said, "wow, that was a great move".  I don't know, maybe the trade of 3rd pick for all of the 2nd rounders?  But even then, the players he got in the second round were all 3rd rounders to me.  Maybe not the LB.

Anderson just 2 years ago was listed by Irsay as one of the "untouchables".  Now he is traded for a 7th rounder???

It just seems as if he really has no idea what he is doing...despite the apologists here on the board that  believe he can do no wrong.

Just some real head scratching moves.

The way I look at this trade is like this:

1. Anderson didn't have a position in our new scheme. He would of likely been cut at some point this off-season.

2. We shopped him, 7th was highest compensation we were offered.

3. Ballard gave himself an extra pick to try and hit on someone that has a better chance to make the roster. Likely securing a guy he was hoping to be able to sign as UDFA. 

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

Scheme changes are dumb.

Exactly.  You can't teach talent.  And we just got rid of arguably our 2 best DL.

I really have a hard time understand coaches that are so hell bent on getting players to fit their "scheme", instead of using the best players to play good football.  Just pure arrogance.

Boggles my mind.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, threeflight said:

You nailed it.

So far I have seen 2 drafts and 2 FA signing periods from Ballard.  There is literally not one thing he has done where I said, "wow, that was a great move".  I don't know, maybe the trade of 3rd pick for all of the 2nd rounders?  But even then, the players he got in the second round were all 3rd rounders to me.  Maybe not the LB.

Anderson just 2 years ago was listed by Irsay as one of the "untouchables".  Now he is traded for a 7th rounder???

It just seems as if he really has no idea what he is doing...despite the apologists here on the board that  believe he can do no wrong.

Just some real head scratching moves.

:lol: