MTC

Colts draft Ole Miss RB Jordan Wilkins [Merge]

Recommended Posts

Another weapon for andrew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate it he sucks.. lol

 

Liked that LSU run from the highlights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I can’t defend this one. Kid is a sleeper but we just took Hines. Have it trolls. Free to say what you wish 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two RB???

 

Thats, um, interesting......

 

guess they have a secret stash of CB in the roster I don’t know about.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Running back by committee.  It’s what the Eagles used last year to win the Super Bowl and our new coach was their OC so it makes sense to me.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MightyLucks said:

Ok I can’t defend this one. Kid is a sleeper but we just took Hines. Have it trolls. Free to say what you wish 

theres probably better CBs in the 6th just relax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say it means you better do your job or you won't have one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MightyLucks said:

Ok I can’t defend this one. Kid is a sleeper but we just took Hines. Have it trolls. Free to say what you wish 

 

hines is more of a spread them out back not someone you pound the ball with. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a build through the draft approach. as i said in another post outside of Mack today not a lot of depth (depth ballard drafted) He's a run btw the tackle guy this is going to be a committee approach. I think the corners come in 6/7 and UDFA i think there some corners they wanted but it looks like they've stayed true to there board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, icf said:

Two RB???

 

Thats, um, interesting......

 

guess they have a secret stash of CB in the roster I don’t know about.  

You can never have too many RB there are still good DB out there we have 2 picks left could still get one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MTC said:

 

Looking at his highlights, he plays the position like someone that knows how.  Meaning, he's not a scat back nor a big pounder.  Seems like he knows when to initiate contact and when to avoid it, knows when to bounce and knows when to stuff it. He can catch and has decent speed,  I like his highlight package.  Hopefully everyone starts to settle down, we're getting some real nice pieces late!  I really like this draft!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love this pick, I mean RB is a big need and waiting until the later rounds has worked out so well in the past. You cant go wrong with a 5'8 wannabe Sproles and this guy. Yay Ballard Yayyyyyyyyyy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His NFL.com analysis sounds a lot like Donald Brown to me.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has Reich's handprints on it, but I also think this is a message to Marlon that if he wants to start, hes gonna have to earn it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

Looking at his highlights, he plays the position like someone that knows how.  Meaning, he's not a scat back nor a big pounder.  Seems like he knows when to initiate contact and when to avoid it, knows when to bounce and knows when to stuff it. He can catch and has decent speed,  I like his highlight package.  Hopefully everyone starts to settle down, we're getting some real nice pieces late!  I really like this draft!

  • he reminds me of a poor mans Duce McCallister 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We resigned Robert Turbin hard to see us keeping 4 backs kinda seems like the odd one out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, waka waka said:
  • he reminds me of a poor mans Duce McCallister 

Hmm, I can see that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who knows? He's really elusive. He's got that Leveon Bell thing ---- where he tiptoes up to the line then tries to explode through a hole when he sees it. Really elusive, can catch, doesn't run through anyone.

had a couple of really impressive runs against Bama. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MarquisJ said:

We resigned Robert Turbin hard to see us keeping 4 backs kinda seems like the odd one out 

 

teams cut 5th round picks all the time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

competition.competition.competition

I all for competition but it seems to me we now have competition at OL, DL and RB and every other position is getting a pass.  This LB and CB cores we have right now is feeling pretty safe and in all honesty they shouldn't.  I know philly did stuff like this but they had established players already in the fold before they started and our cupboard is damm near bare. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a full thread with videos of Wilkins, go to the tweet itself to see the rest:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stitches said:

 

Fred Jackson is also a good comparison runs very hard more elusive than he looks can help on 3rd down and solid in pass protection. 

 

Personally reminds me of Duce McCallister 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, polk_high_allstar said:

I all for competition but it seems to me we now have competition at OL, DL and RB and every other position is getting a pass.  This LB and CB cores we have right now is feeling pretty safe and in all honesty they shouldn't.  I know philly did stuff like this but they had established players already in the fold before they started and our cupboard is damm near bare. 

 

We drafted 3 DBs last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like the Colts will be heavily utilizing a zone blocking scheme this season. Which is fine by me.

I am disappointed with the lack of CBs and LBs taken though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly this guy wasn't on my radar but everything I've read and his highlight tape is pretty nice. Not sure why this guy wasn't talked about more during the whole process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.