Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Simple question. How do you not take Courtland Sutton?

3 hours ago, krunk said:

I think we should have a really nice offense this year.

has a lot of versatility to it on paper i think it should be fun to watch. can't wait for camps to kick off and we start to see how things look like on the field for these guys exciting times for the fanbase again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, krunk said:

Horrible question

Looks like all of you still don't get it.  Luck is finished, as I told you back in September (rad my manifesto).  If this guy was to come back he''d be a shell of his former self.  This organization is playing you folks by saying he is coming back,  He's done and riding Irsay's wishes about remaining the team.  Wake up and smell the coffee folks.  I've had season tickets for five years but no longer will pay for an inferior product (due to front office games).  Let me know if you still don't understand.

3 minutes ago, P'Son said:

Looks like all of you still don't get it.  Luck is finished, as I told you back in September (rad my manifesto).  If this guy was to come back he''d be a shell of his former self.  This organization is playing you folks by saying he is coming back,  He's done and riding Irsay's wishes about remaining the team.  Wake up and smell the coffee folks.  I've had season tickets for five years but no longer will pay for an inferior product (due to front office games).  Let me know if you still don't understand.

Yes Oh Swammi Prabupida!!!!!!    Can I buy your crystal ball?

1 hour ago, P'Son said:

LOL. Good, you dont need to be there anyway...make room for real fans. Let us know if you dont understand and we wont care.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, P'Son said:

I do love the smell of coffee, but it still wasn't a better question.

2 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

I do love the smell of coffee, but it still wasn't a better question.

More and more real fans are waking up to reality.  I like Andy as much as the next fan, but face it, neither he nor the management team is being forth coming.  I'll add you to the list of people who I'll call out for being ignorant. 

15 hours ago, P'Son said:

More and more real fans are waking up to reality.  I like Andy as much as the next fan, but face it, neither he nor the management team is being forth coming.  I'll add you to the list of people who I'll call out for being ignorant. 

You keep a list?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, P'Son said:

i wonder about lucks future, but its too soon to give up on him

his salary alone is enough to at least give him one more year.  if he does come back then we cant afford to waste the third overall pick on a QB that wont be as good.  

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:11 AM, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

Ok other than Hilton. Name one other receiver on the Colts that starts for another team. U can't because we don't have one. 

Just how do you have information that not even Ballard or Reich have?

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:15 AM, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

I used Sutton who I think is going to be a pro bowler. Point is every one on here knows we needed a #2 WR out of this draft. We didn't get it. We need a 2nd starting CB

in A draft full of them and we took zero. But we took DE's like they were going out of style. That fixes guys running uncovered down the field in what way?

That's just too much information.

Following up on the discussion of fewer and fewer WR's being taken in the 1st round....    it looks more and more like the NFL is catchig on....     you want an impact player in the first round if you can find one...    and fewer and fewer WR's are making an impact in their rookie season...  

So,  I posted a Sports Illustrated story from early April in this thread....   and now here's a small story about it on from NFL.com in early March....    I wasn't looking for it,  I just stumbled upon it....     Some good reading....

It's the lead,  so simply click and read....    there's some seriously eye-opening info in the story....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000918425/article/nfl-draft-trend-emerging-with-receivers-blake-bortles-contract

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It's the lead,  so simply click and read....    there's some seriously eye-opening info in the story....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000918425/article/nfl-draft-trend-emerging-with-receivers-blake-bortles-contract

Interesting, but he doesn’t seem to be in alignment with Ballards line of thought regarding skill vs athleticism. His guy say skill first and foremost, where I read Ballards as saying athleticism needs to be there, then we look at skills too. Also, they don’t agree on drafting Nelson high! haha

On 4/27/2018 at 9:15 PM, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

I used Sutton who I think is going to be a pro bowler. Point is every one on here knows we needed a #2 WR out of this draft. We didn't get it. We need a 2nd starting CB

in A draft full of them and we took zero. But we took DE's like they were going out of style. That fixes guys running uncovered down the field in what way?

To the bolded...why are fans hesitant to stand alone? Everyone here does not know that. Feel free to say "I know". 

You have every right make your statement from your beliefs. Just a thought....

On 4/28/2018 at 4:19 AM, Fisticuffs111 said:

I think we might target Daurice Fountain today, we brought him in for a top 30 visit.

Bingo

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Interesting, but he doesn’t seem to be in alignment with Ballards line of thought regarding skill vs athleticism. His guy say skill first and foremost, where I read Ballards as saying athleticism needs to be there, then we look at skills too. Also, they don’t agree on drafting Nelson high! haha

Honestly....    you lost me....    I have no idea what you're talking about....?

Who is "his guy"..?

And what does any of thiis gave to do with Nelson?   The Nelson related info was not a part of the WR story.   Who cares that he disagrees with Ballard about Nelson?    He also thought Mayfield was not worthy of a Top-10 pick.    So?   People are going to disagree.   It's the nature of scouting.

The NFL is simply explaining to the media that investing a first round pick into a WR is likely to happen less and less.   What's to disagree with?

The Brook's article is the SECOND article pointing out the trend...   and both were written BEFORE the draft and the trend continued with only two first WRs taken in the 2018 draft.   

Not sure why you found anything funny?  Everything that was written was factual.   And you connected dots that weren't there....    sorry...  

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Honestly....    you lost me....    I have no idea what you're talking about....?

Who is "his guy"..?

And what does any of this gave to do with Nelson?!?

The NFL is simply explaining to the media that investing a first round pick into a WR is likely to happen less and less.   What's to disagree with?

Uhm, I think the guy is Bucky Brooks and the article mentions Nelson amongst other things, but never mind, it just seemed to me that Ballard is of a slightly different opinion on the skill vs athleticism. 

On 5/2/2018 at 6:14 PM, krunk said:

To be honest this WR corps we have now looks better than some of the units Luck had in his earlier years.  Plus he has backs who are capable of making a positive effect in the passing game.

I like this corps too. The biggest thing is - I think we have variety of different types of receivers. We have a burner with versatility in TY, we have a somewhat established slot in Grant and we just drafted 2 big bodied receivers and brought one more (Ishmael) to fight for the snaps for possession type and contested catches type of receiver. Hell Fountain and especially Cain with the vertical dimension of his game might actually have a bit of a higher ceiling than that even. 

I've been watching Cain this last week and I've been very impressed. I didn't realize he sets up defenders this well in press coverage. He has to work on his concentration drops, but I'm having a really really good feeling about him. He might be starting by mid-season IMO. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

I like this corps too. The biggest thing is - I think we have variety of different types of receivers. We have a burner with versatility in TY, we have a somewhat established slot in Grant and we just drafted 2 big bodied receivers and brought one more (Ishmael) to fight for the snaps for possession type and contested catches type of receiver. Hell Fountain and Cain might actually have a bit of a higher ceiling than that even. 

I've been watching Cain this last week and I've been very impressed. I didn't realize he sets up defenders this well in press coverage. He has to work on his concentration drops, but I'm having a really really good feeling about him. He might be starting by mid-season IMO. 

I feel the same way.

On 4/27/2018 at 8:47 PM, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

You have no 2nd WR. A guy who's 1sr round talent is sitting there for you to draft immediately and make your team better and you reach on Leonard(who I like) and lose out on Sutton. Then needing a CB and with 1st round talent at a need position you reach again for a situational pass rusher. Oliver, Jackson and others sitting there. How do you make the team better by drafting reach players who are situational pass rushers. I'm baffled.

You don’t call his name.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:15 AM, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

It fixes the guy running uncovered by forcing the QB to throw sooner than he wants or even better flattening him. A good pass rush ALWAYS makes the DBs better. Add to that some hard hitting fast safeties and your need for a CB diminishes.

• Thanks 1