Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton not throwing today/Peyton in 'cautious' mode

That is too bad for my son. He is attending the Academy as a wide receiver and was hoping for at least one opportunity for a catch from 18. Hopefully before the weekend is over he will get his opportunity.

He has been throwing in July so is a chance he may

Manning Throwing Football at Coors Field

WRITTEN BY NATE DUNLEVY | 02 JULY 2011 , 18-88

Renaud Notaro, a Denver sports radio host said

"I walked into the press box early to drop off my computer and then go meet friends for lunch. I was talking to the press box manager, Bill, who couldn't figure out who the Rockies trainer, was playing catch with. I turned and immediately recognized it was Peyton Manning.

I just recognized his posture and his mannerisms. I just took a few pics and noticed he was doing more foot work and working on his form than throwing. I don't know how long they were out there, but as you can see from the pic, the trainer was catching one of Peyton's passes. I'd guess it was 10 to 15...maybe 20 yards.

And for the record, Peyton is the 2nd best Manning QB. Archie Manning is the greatest of all-time.

Just imagine if he had any talent around him."

PICTURE Manning throwing with a Rockies trainer. It's not long distance.

It's not earth-shattering news, but it is encouraging. After confusion about how his rehab was going, it's nice to have visual confirmation that he is at least trying to throw.

There's no word yet what Manning was doing in Denver, but he does have a friendship with Todd Helton, Rockies first-baseman.

http://www.18to88.com/2011-archives/july/manning-throwing-football-...

@RenKnowItAllRenaud L. Notaro

@18to88 it was around 1:30 this afternoon...sat July 2nd. My guess 10 to 15 yds. Nothing hard...just a warmup type throw.

My link

Link 2

with Picture links

My link

He has been throwing in July so is a chance he may

Manning Throwing Football at Coors Field

WRITTEN BY NATE DUNLEVY | 02 JULY 2011 , 18-88

Renaud Notaro, a Denver sports radio host said

"I walked into the press box early to drop off my computer and then go meet friends for lunch. I was talking to the press box manager, Bill, who couldn't figure out who the Rockies trainer, was playing catch with. I turned and immediately recognized it was Peyton Manning.

I just recognized his posture and his mannerisms. I just took a few pics and noticed he was doing more foot work and working on his form than throwing. I don't know how long they were out there, but as you can see from the pic, the trainer was catching one of Peyton's passes. I'd guess it was 10 to 15...maybe 20 yards.

And for the record, Peyton is the 2nd best Manning QB. Archie Manning is the greatest of all-time.

Just imagine if he had any talent around him."

PICTURE Manning throwing with a Rockies trainer. It's not long distance.

It's not earth-shattering news, but it is encouraging. After confusion about how his rehab was going, it's nice to have visual confirmation that he is at least trying to throw.

There's no word yet what Manning was doing in Denver, but he does have a friendship with Todd Helton, Rockies first-baseman.

http://www.18to88.com/2011-archives/july/manning-throwing-football-...

@RenKnowItAllRenaud L. Notaro

@18to88 it was around 1:30 this afternoon...sat July 2nd. My guess 10 to 15 yds. Nothing hard...just a warmup type throw.

My link

I don't think I'm convinced that was Peyton in Denver. The picture is unclear and the guy says he recognized him from posture and movement.

I don't think I'm convinced that was Peyton in Denver. The picture is unclear and the guy says he recognized him from posture and movement.

Quite Possibly, they are distant poor shots, only relying on person at the field

Mort article - Peyton very cautious

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6748600

Thanks for Posting It

The article does say , so may have been him at Coors

Manning has done some light throwing but his cautious approach during his six weeks of current rehab has left him frustrated with the prohibitions imposed by the NFL during the owners' lockout.

Key Points to me anyway

Manning conceded that the neck surgery he had on May 23 to correct a bulging disc and the oppressive rules of the NFL lockout have put him in a "cautious" mode on being physically active.

"The lockout didn't allow me to work my (Colts) therapist, Erin Burill, and I'm just not comfortable taking any chances with this thing," Manning said. "Erin knows me. He's rehabbed me through two other surgeries (neck and knee) and I think most people understand that once you build up a trust with your therapist, that's the guy you want and need to work with."

Manning said he had "no idea" when he will be able to participate in training camp until he gets an assessment from his trusted therapist. He has been rehabbing with other therapists.

He gave no indication that would he miss the start of the 2011 regular season but clearly left the impression that his training camp participation is an "unknown" after the lockout

Manning conceded that the neck surgery he had May 23 to correct a bulging disk and the NFL lockout rules have put him in a "cautious" mode on being physically active.

"The lockout didn't allow me to work my (Colts) therapist, Erin Barill, and I'm just not comfortable taking any chances with this thing," Manning said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6748600

From PFT:

The Eighth Circuit has posted at its website a 34-page decision that strikes down Judge Nelson’s decision and allows the lockout to continue.

Specifically, the Eighth Circuit ruled that the Norris-LaGuardia Act prevents courts from issuing orders that end strikes or lockouts. Judge Bye, to no surprise, disagreed with the ruling.

While it appears to be a big win for the NFL, it wasn’t unexpected. And it’s far from the complete win the NFL wanted at this stage. As to the critically important question of whether the nonstatutory labor exemption survives the decertification of the NFLPA, the Eighth Circuit made no ruling — which means that even though the lockout can continue, a chance remains that the lockout later will be found to be illegal, exposing the NFL to a potential verdict of $12 billion or more if the 2011 season is lost.

My link

Basically it is a ruling neither side should view as favorable.

While it does keep the lockout going,

the ruling states clearly that the NFL owners cannot lockout players not under contract, such as rookies like Anthony Castonzo and free agents like Joseph Addai and Peyton Manning.

Does This Mean Peyton Can now get the rehab from his trusted therapist that he was missing & caused his Cautious Stance even if not at Colts facility , privately as is no longer locked out, also I cant see Irsay ssaying u cant use the facility, we need u Peyton Get healthy Please @ least I think so ????????????????

From Adam Schefter:

8th Circuit ruled NFL cannot lockout players not under contract -- i.e. rookies, free agents -- because there is no employment relationship.

Ruling does not allow unsigned players to start signing asap -- it kicks back to Judge Nelson for a hearing, though, she'd greenlight it.

My link

check this out

My link

My understanding is that if no agreement is reached, it will bounce back down to judge Nelson to determine specifically if the lockout applies to non contract players. So, it's not automatic yet. But, it's believed that if it does bounce to her, she'll say that the lockout does not apply to those players.

Lockout creates unaccustomed confusion for Manning

confusion story

"Manning was most tight-lipped on the subject of whether he has actually been throwing yet. When asked if he could give some examples of what he can and can't do as far as throwing in rehab, Manning simply said, "No."

Eli Manning didn't shed any more light on how much the lockout affected his brother's rehab, saying, "You've got to ask him on that one."

Archie Manning might have given, inadvertently, the most insight as to what his son has done or can do on the football field.

"I think he's been a little frustrated because he can't go to his rehab guy and his place to do it, the Colts' place," Archie said. "In his mind it probably wasn't a good time to have surgery. ... I'm sure [the injury is] from hits ... but he's been organizing workouts, throwing. That's the way it is."