Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

52nd pick: Indianapolis Colts select DE Kemoko Turay

TKnight24

1 minute ago, MarquisJ said:

yeah that’s exactly what I think? Don’t be dumb, I just think it was a complete reach on a project when there is better talent on the board..

Right.    

You think you know more than Chris Ballard and you're calling me dumb....

Good luck....

• Like 2

Just now, ColtsBlitz said:

You guys are ridiculous. None of us have access to film like any NFL team does. They haven’t even seen the field and everyone hates them. God this forum is annoying

a forum is a place for discussions and opinions. you all just want a place to high five each other? come one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Guice is apparently very young and very immature.   Lacks accountability.   Didn't show up for some interviews.   Not a bad kid, but needs to grow up.    

Maybe in the 3rd?

Mayfield had far worse off-field issues and he was the first overall pick. I really want to hear in more detail as to this meeting thing. There is always the chance that he just might have scheduled something wrong , and that kind of stuff should truly be handled by an agent/manager for this kid. He might not be responsible in terms of making meetings, but he always has been in terms of on the field actions and his backstory really shows he has been a lot more responsible then many in a world full of traps for him. Also, his talent makes up for that 10 fold imo. 

I don't think he'll be available to us in the third, but who knows haha.

5 minutes ago, Caleb Randolph said:

He's a liar, people dont like liars, shows low character. Just a guess.

What did he lie about? Honestly curious.

Just now, austriancolt said:

a forum is a place for discussions and opinions. you all just want a place to high five each other? come one.

And you all want Ballard to draft your perceived "superior" players that's been talked up the most in the media.

• Like 2

Just now, DougDew said:

Is he the TJ Green of DEs?

No. Because TJ Green was terrible football player in college. 

Turay come in as a true freshman who had barely played any football before that year and had 7.5 sacks. He is a good player who has a ton of upside. Time will tell if he is a good pick, but I'm very happy.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Right.    

You think you know more than Chris Ballard and you're calling me dumb....

Good luck....

1. Obviously no one on this board knows more than CB no one ever said I knew more? LOL 

2. Not too sure if you can read but I said don’t be dumb

Good luck 

7 minutes ago, threeflight said:

3 second round picks.

I would say all 3 went WELL before they were projected.

Maybe....   just maybe,  the projections are wrong....

Maybe....   just maybe,  Ballard knows more than the media projections.

Ya think?

6 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Just take Okoronkwo if you want an undersized situational risher..

7 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Just take Okoronkwo if you want an undersized situational risher..

Turay is not undersized. Hes 6'5"

• Like 1

Very disappointing evening by Ballard in my opinion thus far.  Feels like we just * away the 2nd round. All that excitement over the Jets trade for nought.   Only pick that was decent was Braden Smith. Our two defensive picks feel like projects and reaches.  Not ideal when you have 2 high second round picks.   Glad we got Quenton yesterday but it's been downhill tonight.   Sigh.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Maybe....   just maybe,  the projections are wrong....

Maybe....   just maybe,  Ballard knows more than the media projections.

Ya think?

Maybe he's wrong too though, right?  

GM's are wrong all the time.  

They're barely more accurate than Joe Schmo in most cases.    

GM's are there to figure out the financials. 

The draft is a gamble outside of the first round. 

• Like 2

Just now, Albaby said:

Are you crazy?  What’s there not to like about this guy?  This is a good pick!

A lot really. A player who is stated to not really know how to play the game by Analysts and had his best year as a freshman says a lot about his developmental potential. Also, I'm not too sure if we can afford projects at this point in time. After seeing the first two picks in the second round, I was a bit upset but they are both most likely starters right away. I hope the same for Turay, but he's also had a rough past with injuries that has stunted his already stunted development. Hopefully the D-Line coach and Mathis can help the kid out.

And to all those who said that Ballard knows more than us fans, no duh. So did Grigson

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Very athletic and bendy. High potential pick. Has some hand technique but needs refinement. Was plagued by injuries in college which stunted his development and production in the last several years.

Great a workout warrior. That didn’t translate to the field. This was a serious reach

6 minutes ago, Weslo#18 said:

Better talent according to who's evaluations? 

Yeah let me just pull up all 32 teams boards... I’m obviously talking about my personal opinion but tbh i’m pretty sure you can find a lot of people who find this pick a reach 

1 minute ago, colts89 said:

A lot really. A player who is stated to not really know how to play the game by Analysts and had his best year as a freshman says a lot about his developmental potential. Also, I'm not too sure if we can afford projects at this point in time. After seeing the first two picks in the second round, I was a bit upset but they are both most likely starters right away. I hope the same for Turay, but he's also had a rough past with injuries that has stunted his already stunted development. Hopefully the D-Line coach and Mathis can help the kid out.

And to all those who said that Ballard knows more than us fans, no duh. So did Grigson

I like the way Ballard is picking.  He seems to not favor either side, which is smart.  

2 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

Maybe he's wrong too though, right?  

GM's are wrong all the time.  

They're barely more accurate than Joe Schmo in most cases.  

The draft is a gamble outside of the first round. 

If course they're wrong all the time...   but their guesses are a little more educated than Joe Schmo who only has an opinion, and mostly not that educated.

Look...   I made three predictions...   and I'm one out of three...   and the one that I got right we used pick 36 on when I thought we'd use pick 49 on Leonard.   So I'm not wild about the day...

But here's the thing...   there's no world where I think I know more than Chris Ballard.   So he gets the benefit of the doubt from me until he loses that trust...

• Like 2

From WalterFootball:

4/25/18: Turay had a solid week at the Senior Bowl, showing some ability to rush the passer off the edge. He was able to get some wins in the one-on-ones by using his speed to run by blockers. Turay will need to get stronger in the run game. In the early going of his NFL career, he could compete to earn a roster spot as a backup designated pass-rusher - DPR - in a 4-3 or 3-4 defense. In 2017, Turay totaled four sacks and 58 tackles.

• Like 1

Well, I didn't like the Nelson pick because I thought the alternative of the trade was the better play. 

And I have to say, this guy seems like another Terrell Basham, and with so many nice CBs on the board, I don't like Ballard's decision here either.

Just now, Albaby said:

I like the way Ballard is picking.  He seems to not favor either side, which is smart.  

I loved the Nelson pick. Smith seems to be the potential starter on the other side as guard, but I would have preferred a Tackle here. I could be wrong and they try him out at RT as well but we'll see. I really don't know much about Leonard, but considering the state of our Linebacker corps I can't complain

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If course they're wrong all the time...   but their guesses are a little more educated than Joe Schmo who only has an opinion, and mostly not that educated.

Look...   I made three predictions...   and I'm one out of three...   and the one that I got right we used pick 36 on when I thought we'd use pick 49 on Leonard.   So I'm not wild about the day...

But here's the thing...   there's no world where I think I know more than Chris Ballard.   So he gets the benefit of the doubt from me until he loses that trust...

I just have an issue with people saying fans don't know anything when just about everyone here was angry about the Dorsett pick.  

We're not at that point yet though.  

And obviously outside of the 1st and early 2nd rounds, most fans don't know these guys. 

4 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

I just have an issue with people saying fans don't know anything when just about everyone here was angry about the Dorsett pick.  

We're not at that point yet though.  

And obviously outside of the 1st and early 2nd rounds, most fans don't know these guys. 

I think the Dorsett pick was just so surprising. We literally needed just about every position other than WR (and QB).