Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Braden Smith OG at 37

danlhart87

1 minute ago, azcolt said:

Another GM who tries to be clever and reaches way down the board. Love the first round pick but these two are head scratchers for so high in second round.

No head scratchers at all.

7 minutes ago, azcolt said:

Another GM who tries to be clever and reaches way down the board. Love the first round pick but these two are head scratchers for so high in second round.

For you to know this to be true, you have to have had a peek at their board.  

I'm guessing you have not.

6 minutes ago, azcolt said:

He played very well in the SEC can get a little high at times but he is going to be a great fit for us. I don't think he was a reach and it finally seems like Luck will be able to step up in the pocket and make some throws.

• Like 2

Just now, nburgmei said:

Most of which you will find leading directly through the oline to our franchise QB.

Castonzo, Nelson, and Kelly we’ve already invested enough high end picks on the line. O and Mewhort is coming back too.  A new OC should also do wonders since Chuck was super predictable.

5 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Have you ever, once in your time on this board posted anything remotely positive?  

Are you this dour in real life or just playing a role on the boards?

No, are u the thought polics here?

Just because i dont drink the colt everthing is great kool aid does not make me less of a fan since 1972 bub. Why don't u say same about other fans who have an objevtive opinion. And don't  question how I am. You don't know me ok.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy Fan said:

Well I guess it’s starting to make sense with the defenses in the AFC South now. Titans just grabbed Landry too so our line better put it all together.

run right at him i like Landry don't get me wrong but he fell because of the production concerns in 17 which he was coming off that ankle injury. I've seen him get destroyed by that ND Offensive line.

7 minutes ago, Indy Fan said:

Castonzo, Nelson, and Kelly we’ve already invested enough high end picks on the line. O and Mewhort is coming back too.  A new OC should also do wonders since Chuck was super predictable.

I'm fine overinvesting in the Oline, especially since, like you said, the AFC is loaded on defense. Imagine what it will be like once we can stop worrying about Luck's health for the next five years and start focusing on the rest of the team.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Just because i dont drink the colt everthing is great kool aid does not make me less of a fan since 1972 bub. Why don't u say same about other fans who have an objevtive opinion. And don't  question how I am. You don't know me ok.

A predictable response - not drinking the kool aid.  Figured it would be that or keeping it real. Also, if you'll note I said nothing about your fandom.  Just noticed the constant barrage of negativity.

Would please @me the next time you do have a positive thought about something Colts related.  I would like to see it for myself.

14 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

How many hours of film have you watched of any of these players?

3 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

A predictable response - not drinking the kool aid.  Figured it would be that or keeping it real. Also, if you'll note I said nothing about your fandom.  Just noticed the constant barrage of negativity.

Would please @me the next time you do have a positive thought about something Colts related.  I would like to see it for myself.

Hey track every fan who does not agree with u- your colts lordship.

I have not cared for his two first round draft choices.  I feel like he simply could have gotten more out of the picks.  

The rest of the picks last year were solid except the one I hated at the time, Zach Banner.

Leonard and Smith are really good picks for what we need, our schemes, and value.  

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

laughable.    Who would you have chosen over the ones that were taken?

He was the next best G available.  I watched him a lot down here in Bama, he’s a brawler.

I’m all for protecting the Franchise, even if some consider it a reach.  

• Like 2