Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reminder for Trading Down in the Second Round...

FYI....

If the Colts are considering trading back with any of our three picks....

Wed have to drop about 7-10 picks to get a 2 and a 4....

And to get a 2 and a 3...   you have to trade back roughly a half a round... about 14 to 16 picks...   a trade like this is not easy to do...

its pisdibke ee coukd trade back at 37 if we don't get Landry...   and we go trade back again with 49...    that would give us two extra 4's....   but an extra 3 seems a long shot...

36 should be CB Josh Jackson...   seems too obvious not to happen...   everything else is too fluid to know...

Back when I mocked my draft, trading down with Arizona allowed us to move down from 37 to 47 and pick up pick 97, a late third.  But that was assuming Arizona was trading up for a QB and they were giving a bit more value for the position.  But they traded up in the first last night to get Rosen.

Yeah, the value of this draft is in the second round and I doubt any team is going to give up even a late second to any team.

I like Jackson.  I think we need some LBs too.

think it depends on who's still there at #36 and (more likely as potential trade bait) #37.

Rudolph will likely be there, and Miami and NE might be interested (they both might also be convinced that Rudolph will still be there at their current picks in the 2nd round and thus not be looking to trade)

if Guice is there, I think some RB-hungry teams like Detroit and Baltimore might be interested FWIW