Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lance Zierlein Rounds 2 and 3 Mock draft

Here's Lance Zierlein's mock for day 2 after the first round yesterday:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000929309/article/2018-nfl-rounds-23-mock-draft-bucs-take-guice-in-round-2

Here are his picks for the Colts:

PICK 36

Josh Jackson - CB, Iowa

The Colts add a ballhawking conerback with great length and special ball skills.

PICK 37

Harold Landry - DE, Boston College

With their switch to a 4-3, the Colts need a pass rusher with some juice off the edge.

PICK 49

Darius Leonard - LB, South Carolina State

The Colts are in desperate need of a rangy linebacker and Leonard fits the bill.

PICK 67

Breeland Speaks - DT, Mississippi

I love the round 2 picks, I haven't watched Speaks much so I cannot tell how good he is. 

• Like 6

Love the Jackson and Landry combo, it’s what I’m rooting for personally, but he has us passing on both Derrius Guice and Maurice Hurst for Darius Leonard. Seems like a reach for need to me. 

My ideal situation:

36 - Josh Jackson

37 - Harold Landry

49 - Maurice Hurst / Derrius Guice

67 - Malik Jackson / RB (Kerryon Johnson?)

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, stitches said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000929309/article/2018-nfl-rounds-23-mock-draft-bucs-take-guice-in-round-2

I love the round 2 picks, I haven't watched Speaks much so I cannot tell how good he is. 

Yeah that's a home run for round 2....if that panned out then maybe wr/rb in round 3 and 4.

20 minutes ago, stitches said:

At 67 would there be any OT left here?

I honestly don't see Harold Landry going past the Browns tbh but after they choose Ward at 4 last night you never know. The fact there is so many 2nd rd OL talent left on the board may help us in getting non OL selections.

I personally don't want RB Guice. His last year was riddled with injuries and considering his battering ram playing style coupled with the bigger NFL type players hes due to face I see him getting beaten up. A lot of teams are in need of a CB so I think its important we take one early. I think the WR class is good enough for a Rd 3 pick. I also don't want to reach for a LB in the 2nd because we need one. 

20 minutes ago, IrishColt said:

I honestly don't see Harold Landry going past the Browns tbh but after they choose Ward at 4 last night you never know. The fact there is so many 2nd rd OL talent left on the board may help us in getting non OL selections.

I personally don't want RB Guice. His last year was riddled with injuries and considering his battering ram playing style coupled with the bigger NFL type players hes due to face I see him getting beaten up. A lot of teams are in need of a CB so I think its important we take one early. I think the WR class is good enough for a Rd 3 pick. I also don't want to reach for a LB in the 2nd because we need one. 

From what I had read on Guice, if memory serves, he was all dinged up for the first half of the year, but then for the second half he was rounding back into shape, back to himself at the end of the year.  Basically, talent prognosticators were saying toss away the 2017 tape and evaluate him based on his 2016 tape. 

It's too bad the Colts didn't have one or two more near the top of round two picks.

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Not sure about Landry.  He seems too small for every down DE in the 4-3 which means he'd be a rotational guy.   36, 37 seems high for that role. 

Well....he’s bigger than Mathis and will put more muscle on once he gets to the NFL. 

2 hours ago, stitches said:

OMG,Does Lance realize that our Offense gets the ball too? Lol

9 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

OMG,Does Lance realize that our Offense gets the ball too? Lol

He realizes that our new G can pancake the NT, then the MIKE, and then the SS all by himself so there's no more need to draft good offensive position players.

Ok I'll stop now.

Cleveland taking Chubb
Giants Hernandez
Cleveland o-line

Colts Josh Jackson and James Daniels 
I would like us taking Daniels as BPA and moving Kelly to RG.
 Unlikely so this will be a trade back i would think, or take Hurst.
at 49 Maurice Hurst or Colts Christian Kirk or James Washington

67   Holton Hill or Alan Lazard

• Like 1

Sutton probably should be one of those spots and then josh Jackson makes good sense and if some how we could get either Hurst or Landry or even one of those RT/RG prospects, I’d be happy. I want none of the rb’s day 2

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

Not sure about Landry.  He seems too small for every down DE in the 4-3 which means he'd be a rotational guy.   36, 37 seems high for that role. 

He's bigger than Mathis and also bigger than Ngakoue who plays in the 4-3 just fine.