Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What the new plan at LB?

All 4 of the top guys went in the 1st as projected. What’s the plan going forward? There’s so much top tier talent sitting on the board that I can’t see them taking one in the 2nd. Maybe Josey Jewell, Malik Jefferson, Jerome Baker in the 3-4 Round range? 

i think they will continue to go bpa by their own board and not reach too far for anything until the late rounds 

we need the talent that is still on the board, mlb could end up a casualty of going bpa.  in other words we should wait until the value is right to take one 

• Like 3

Regarding MLB, it's really slim pickens there, I'm hoping we somehow end up with Scales. Not too big on Jewell, at least not as much as I was in the beginning. Some good options at OLB in Baker and Warner, but not much. I like Jefferson but I wonder if he's the type of guy Ballard wants to get, not that he has a bunch of red flags, just questions of work ethic/passion for the game.

Either way Eberflus is gonna have his work cut out for him, and hopefully Walker makes a big leap.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Regarding MLB, it's really slim pickens there, I'm hoping we somehow end up with Scales. Not too big on Jewell, at least not as much as I was in the beginning. Some good options at OLB in Baker and Warner, but not much. I like Jefferson but I wonder if he's the type of guy Ballard wants to get, not that he has a bunch of red flags, just questions of work ethic/passion for the game.

Either way Eberflus is gonna have his work cut out for him, and hopefully Walker makes a big leap.

Jewell could play Mike IMO. 4.68 40 at his pro day. Or maybe they really like Walker there? 

As much as I liked Smith for WILL, I never truly liked the idea of picking him at 6 but would have picked him over Nelson. ( I would have accepted the Buffalo trade rather than picking Smith)

I'm bucking the trend and will say I'd take Shaq Griffin with the 4th or even trade up into late third.  He's been making plays against good competition without his left hand his whole career.  Its not like he just lost it last week and will need to adjust.

He'd be a great WILL in the defense.

Leonard and Carter both in the second for MIKE and SAM.  Find a CB with the third 2nd.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

As much as I liked Smith for WILL, I never truly liked the idea of picking him at 6 but would have picked him over Nelson. ( I would have accepted the Buffalo trade rather than picking Smith)

I'm bucking the trend and will say I'd take Shaq Griffin with the 4th or even trade up into late third.  He's been making plays against good competition without his left hand his whole career.  Its not like he just lost it last week and will need to adjust.

He'd be a great WILL in the defense.

Leonard and Carter both in the second for MIKE and SAM.  Find a CB with the third 2nd.

I Forgot about Griffin!  Like him a lot too!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Jewell could play Mike IMO. 4.68 40 at his pro day. Or maybe they really like Walker there? 

Yeah... Jewell is sneaky candidate to be picked as our mike some time today... or tomorrow?

I would think Malik Jefferson would be a candidate either with 49 or 67? 

16 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yeah... Jewell is sneaky candidate to be picked as our mike some time today... or tomorrow?

I would think Malik Jefferson would be a candidate either with 49 or 67? 

Jefferson would be a WILL or SAM. Lacks the processing ability to play Mike. He’s a run and hit guy

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Jefferson would be a WILL or SAM. Lacks the processing ability to play Mike. He’s a run and hit guy

yah, imeant him as an addition to the LB group. His speed and physicality will be great at will though...