Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Day 2 Predictions

I really hope we don't get Guice, he couldn't stay healthy in 2017 and with his style of running, he will take a lot of big hits which will most likely keep his career short. Especially when we could snatch another top tier lineman, or Hurst (even though he had his own health problem we need a 3 tech.)

Just now, Zoltan said:

I really hope we don't get Guice, he couldn't stay healthy in 2017 and with his style of running, he will take a lot of big hits which will most likely keep his career short. Especially when we could snatch another top tier lineman, or Hurst (even though he had his own health problem we need a 3 tech.)

We showed interest in him at his Pro Day 

6 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

We showed interest in him at his Pro Day 

I would take interest very lightly.  Drafting season is lying season for NFL GMs.  Look at all the rumors you heard about the colts being interested in Smith/Chubb/Edmunds.  You heard about them attending the Notre Dame proday and meeting with Nelson but that was it. 

29 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

This is going to get some backlash I know:

36: Will Hernandez

37: josh Jackson

49: DJ Chark

37: LB or HB

I also wouldn’t rule out a RT like Rankins in the third.

This with Josey Jewell in the 3rd round!!

I'd be very happy with Landry and Josh Jackson at 36 and 37. 

I feel fairly confident that the Browns will take Connor Williams and the Giants will take Will Hernandez, so at least one of Landry or Jackson will hopefully be on the board at 36.

I feel we need to come out of tomorrow with at least one OLB though. Someone like Jerome Baker, Genard Avery, or Dorian O'Daniel would be the best options in my opinion. Not too high on Malik Jefferson.

I'm guessing the Browns go OT and the Giants take Rudolph. Not sure what else the Browns do, but that should leave 2 of 3 of Guice, Jackson, and Landry open for 36 and 37 that we can take. I would like Malik Jefferson or possibly Nick Chubb or Ronald Jones at 47. Lots of possibilities still to choose from.

The Browns (twice) and Giants picking before the Colts at the top of round 2, could quickly see 3 guys the Colts could target be gone. Browns need OT with Joe Thomas's retirement, they could take C. Williams or they could also take Landry or another CB with their 2 picks and the Giants need OL (C. Williams or W. Hernandez), an edge rusher (H. Landry) or maybe a CB as well. The Colts will still have  their choice of either another OL, H. Landry, a CB or even a WR. RB is a possibility but I don't see them going RB with their first 2 picks in round 2. Maybe with their 3rd  second round pick.

6 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Landry won't make it past Browns and Giants 

The browns dont need a pass rusher. They need more secondary help and maybe OL/DL. The Giants need OL help. They may opt for Hernandez or Williams. They need pass rush too but may come secondary to OL

I think the Browns take an OT, probably Connor Williams, Giants reinforce their O-line with Will Hernandez, and Cleveland takes Harold Landry. There for, the Colts have their choice of CB, WR, a DE, LB or maybe a RB. I think the Colts go WR Courtland Sutton and CB Josh Jackson.

26 minutes ago, AddaiStillTruckedYou said:

Hoping we get Jefferson, jackson or oliver, and Callaway with our 3 seconds

Callaway?  As in the guy that just popped hot at the combine and has A LOT of baggage off the field.  He will be lucky to get drafted period.  We could get a lot of other guys before wasting a 2nd or 3rd on him.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaColts85 said:

Callaway?  As in the guy that just popped hot at the combine and has A LOT of baggage off the field.  He will be lucky to get drafted period.  We could get a lot of other guys before wasting a 2nd or 3rd on him.

callway is a 6th 7th round guy