Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Draft Winners and Losers

49 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

So you arent ok with a stud OL AT #6, but you are ok throwing away a 2nd on a player with injury issues?

once again, you make NO sense.

If Hurst passed our medical than I see no reason not to pick him Star Lotolouwhatever has the same condition and it hasn't stopped him.

1 hour ago, ty4atd said:

I just don't think Nelson is enough of a upgrade in quality over say Hernandez or James Daniels to miss out on a top prospect at LB, when we probably have the worst LB core in the NFL and still adding quality picks not just late rounders.

I’ll take a poor linebacker core for another year versus getting our franchise quarterback coming off shoulder surgery and missing a full season any day of the week. 

• Like 1

Just now, ty4atd said:

If Hurst passed our medical than I see no reason not to pick him Star Lotolouwhatever has the same condition and it hasn't stopped him.

Thats a big IF, especially when many teams have taken him off their board. I can think of another DT we took a few years back (Chapman?) who dropped because of medical.  That was a wasted 2nd as well i believe.

15 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

I’ll take a poor linebacker core for another year versus getting our franchise quarterback coming off shoulder surgery and missing a full season any day of the week. 

We deserve an A for our pick. If we didn't you know I would say otherwise. Many on here were absolutely against taking Nelson when we had the 3rd pick because they were saying no way should anyone take a Guard in the Top 5. He falls to 6 and then there Top 5 excuse goes out the window. Those same people didn't want him at all because they still complain with him at 6. Just like you shouldn't take a RB in the Top 5 but yet the Giants take Barkley 2nd. Barkley will get a 1000 Yards in his sleep and anyone with common sense knows that. He probably added 3 more years to Eli's career.

Chapman was a 5th rounder, Hurst was one option if we took him it would be because he passed our medical. Hubbard Landry Josh Jackson and others would be good picks as well I just don't see any LBs worth it but I do see plenty of guards had we not taken Nelson.

40 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We deserve an A for our pick. If we didn't you know I would say otherwise. Many on here were absolutely against taking Nelson when we had the 3rd pick because they were saying no way should anyone take a Guard in the Top 5. He falls to 6 and then there Top 5 excuse goes out the window. Those same people didn't want him at all. Just like you shouldn't take a RB in the Top 5 but yet the Giants take Barkley 2nd.

Barkley going 2 doesn't make it a good decision unless he's Marshal Faulk 2.0, I also never wanted a G top 10 it's better that it's not top 3 but still not the best value. Like I said before calling us a loser of the draft was a overstatement but we could have done much better. There were 5 (6 if you count Williams) guard prospects that were 1st or high 2nd round prospects so predicting 1 falling to Indy is far from a stretch and we would still have an elite player at a more important position. I'd give the pick a C+