Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Mayock has us trading back with Bills

SC-Coltsfan

Yeah and with the 12th after the trade Colts selected Minkah Fitzpatrick in his mock draft 

I’m still on the side of fearing Alabama secondary players transitioning to the NFL

I’d be a bit disappointed if we selected Minkah but he’d be wearing the horseshoe so I’d cheer for him no matter what :dunno:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Yeah and with the 12th after the trade Colts selected Minkah Fitzpatrick in his mock draft 

I’m still on the side of fearing Alabama secondary players transitioning to the NFL

I’d be a bit disappointed if we selected Minkah but he’d be wearing the horseshoe so I’d cheer for him no matter what :dunno:

Bama has had its share of disappointing NFL secondary players...but that has mostly been at the CB position. And even then, Humphrey was good in his rookie season and Kareem Jackson has had a good career. 

At S, Bama actually has pretty strong history recently. Collins was a DPOY candidate and All-Pro, Clinton-Dix was a Pro Bowler and Eddie Jackson had a strong rookie year. 

With the way Saban has talked about Fitzpatrick, I have little doubt he will be a good S in the NFL...maybe even great. I wouldn't be disappointed if they drafted him in this scenario.

Now if we are talking about a position group from Bama that I don't trust...it's the OL.

35 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Sometimes I wonder how extensively the National media dig into each team.

Getting secondary help at 12 would be a bad choice IMO. It’s not that the Colts couldn’t use someone like Fitzpatrick, but pass rush, LB, Oline and WR are more pressing needs.

We don’t know how healthy Hooker and Geathers are (or if they can get/stay healthy) but even so, secondary at 12 would frustrate me. If it turns out that the health of these two won’t be an issue, and if Desir and Wilson play well, maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick would be better.

Having said that, I’m confident Ballard will do well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Sometimes I wonder how extensively the National media dig into each team.

Getting secondary help at 12 would be a bad choice IMO. It’s not that the Colts couldn’t use someone like Fitzpatrick, but pass rush, LB, Oline and WR are more pressing needs.

Although we couldn't do anything about it,  I'd also be disappointed with a CB/S with the first pick. Any other round I'm ok.

• Like 2

I'm not happy with any trade unless we get at least a 2019 1st rounder.  Period.  I like the possible picks we can get at #6 this year.  Ballard is the driver of this bus, though, and I'll back any player he picks, but I'll be disappointed if either Chubb or Nelson are there and he trades back.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheNextGM said:

Lots of rumours of Browns taking Mayfield at 1.

I think Giants jump all over Darnold and Jets take Allen.

Guarentees one of Chubb or Nelson is at 6 cause Barkley will go at 4 or 5.

im not sure the broncos take a QB... and I think the Browns take Barkley at 4

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

im not sure the broncos take a QB... and I think the Browns take Barkley at 4

I agree.. it’s why I said guarentees us one of Chubb or Nelson cause Broncos take the other.

Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Barkley, Chubb/Nelson

• Like 2

Just now, TheNextGM said:

I agree.. it’s why I said guarentees us one of Chubb or Nelson cause Broncos take the other.

Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Barkley, Chubb/Nelson

I dont think the giants go QB. I still think they take Chubb. then Browns grab Barkley at 4 and Broncos take nelson.

• Like 1

I used to be firmly on team tradeback, but the more I think about it, what we need are difference makers.  The kind you have have to be drafting early to get.

So for now I'm hoping we actually pick at 6.  Unless we don't then I'll get back on board the tradeback bus.

If we trade with the Bills, it would have to be a minimum of both their 1st rounders and both their 2nd rounders. Or both their 1st rounders and a future 1st rounder.

Otherwise, they can beat it!!! :) At least that is what I expect Ballard to say, if the Jets trade is a foreboding of trades to come with him.

Mayfield going #1 would be ideal, IMO. Puts Darnold in the #2 spot IMO, Jets get Rosen.

Browns at #4, I think they take Barkley.

I think Denver either takes a QB or trades back. They need LOTS of help, much like the Colts.

Chubb would be there at 6 here. If we do trade back, I still want Smith, but I think Tampa picks up the best defensive player on the board.

I don't see it.  At 6, Bills are not guaranteed to get their QB.  Broncos and NYG could take 2 off the board, and Browns and Jets certainly take two off.  Denver could trade w/Cardinals or Dolphins too, and they snipe a QB.  That 3 way trade I saw-

Giants give picks No. 2 and No. 139 overall; Giants receive picks No. 6, No. 22, and No. 65 overall.

Colts give pick No. 6 overall; Colts receive picks No. 12, No. 53, and No. 121 overall.

Bills give picks No. 12, No. 22, No. 53, No. 65, and No. 121 overall; Bills receive pick No. 2 and No. 139 overall.

Seems more plausible, but These are even values and teams moving from 12 to 2 don't get to trade for even value typically...

47 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

If we trade back I’d rather let them keep the 22 but take their 1st and 3rd next year. 

No. No. No.  There has to be some additional collateral gained today.  They cannot drop from 6 to 12 and then get nothing else in this draft.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheMarine said:

Mayfield going #1 would be ideal, IMO. Puts Darnold in the #2 spot IMO, Jets get Rosen.

Browns at #4, I think they take Barkley.

I think Denver either takes a QB or trades back. They need LOTS of help, much like the Colts.

Chubb would be there at 6 here. If we do trade back, I still want Smith, but I think Tampa picks up the best defensive player on the board.

Tampa Bay has one of the better LB groups in the league. Run a 4-3

LaVontae David 

Kwon Alexander 

Kendall Beckwith 

They're 95% taking a secondary player or offensive player 

4 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Like Landon Collins??

We know Ballard is okay with the forth best non-QB at 6 (I’m thinking that’s Roquan Smith). He’s a game changer. I still want Chubb but I wouldn’t be disappointed with Smith at 6. 

The thing is, we don’t know how good the Dline will be in a 4-3. Maybe they’ll be better getting pressure. If Chubb isn’t there I hope they get Roquan. 

58 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Like Landon Collins??

Clinton-Dix

Landon Collins

Eddie Jackson 

3 out of many. I don’t like those odds 

I get that every pick is a crap shoot, but my stomach turns drafting Alabama secondary players no matter how great they were for Saint Nick 

2 hours ago, jskinnz said:

No. No. No.  There has to be some additional collateral gained today.  They cannot drop from 6 to 12 and then get nothing else in this draft.  

It would be better long term to get a future 1st. If the bills draft a bust then that pick could be a top 5. Look at what the Celtics did. Also the talent after the first 15 has a huge drop off this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

It would be better long term to get a future 1st. If the bills draft a bust then that pick could be a top 5. Look at what the Celtics did. 

Bad analogy.  Really bad.  This is not the NBA.

What happens if the Bill win 10 games next year?  You get something this year.  And then next year too if they want the pick bad enough.

55 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

It would be better long term to get a future 1st. If the bills draft a bust then that pick could be a top 5. Look at what the Celtics did. Also the talent after the first 15 has a huge drop off this year.

plus you have to think about 4 years from now and all of those contracts having to be dealt with and hooker's as well.

I'd rather add a first next year but want more than one pick from this year as well.

I still think it's going to take a lot to get Ballard to move down from #6. Once you're down much farther, the possibility of picking up one of those Top 5 non-QB immediate impact guys starts to get pretty slim. Any team that wants that pick is going to have to pay through the wazoo to get it. The Jets deal improved the Colts' draft point value by 840 points (according to Drafttek values), and to move off of #6 is going to take at least that much or more. Buffalo is the only team I see with the draft capital to move up and pay for it with this year's picks. So, what does Ballard do? Tonight's gonna be "must see TV"!

6 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

I do not want Fitzpatrick at all. He is basically in the same mold as Hooker, so he wouldn't be a safety for us. I don't think he would survive at corner either, so out of the top 8 players, excluding QBs, Fitzpatrick is the player I'd least want.

That’s my thought he seems to be viewed as a safety in the NFL.  If he could play corner I’d be interested but honestly safety is one of the few spots the Colts have pretty good depth at.  So unless they think he can play corner in the NFL I’d pass.

The leverage you get on Buffalo is Miami and Arizona being in the mix for a QB and being willing to pay a higher price. If Buffalo believes they can wait and get a better deal than the Colts are willing to give then no trade happens. It’s all about the competition for that likely last top QB. Miami could ruin the Bills’s plans and the Bills know it. 

3 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Bad analogy.  Really bad.  This is not the NBA.

What happens if the Bill win 10 games next year?  You get something this year.  And then next year too if they want the pick bad enough.

How’s that a bad analogy? It’s the same concept. Browns did it last year and now they have the 1st and 4th picks, even though they’re probably regretting not taking Watson. There’s a much better chance that pick is a top 10 than a bottom 10 pick. Lesean McCoy is getting old. They traded their best OL and they will have an unproven/rookie QB. That’s a recipe for disaster.