Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 NFL Draft Thread

LucasOilStadium

Unlike a lot of other receivers in this class, Deon Cain has the potential to be a number one receiver.

However, he needs A LOT of work. Too many drops and he's not a good route runner. Having a better quarterback should help him out though.

I'm still worried about the linebacker and cornerback depth so I don't exactly feel good about drafting two running backs and two wide receivers today. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Wow I didn't see that coming either I knew we had a lot of DEs but I really liked Anderson

23 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

Ballard has lost a lot of the faith I had in him with this move. :facepalm:

Henry Anderson doesn't fit this system. He's quick enough to be a 4-3 end and he's not big enough to be a DT. He needs to be in a 3-4.

9 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Henry Anderson doesn't fit this system. He's quick enough to be a 4-3 end and he's not big enough to be a DT. He needs to be in a 3-4.

I'd at least give him a shot. We have absolutely nothing on defense right now. A 7th is worthless 

13 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Unlike a lot of other receivers in this class, Deon Cain has the potential to be a number one receiver.

However, he needs A LOT of work. Too many drops and he's not a good route runner. Having a better quarterback should help him out though.

I'm still worried about the linebacker and cornerback depth so I don't exactly feel good about drafting two running backs and two wide receivers today. 

I don't disagree about the concern over the lack of depth specifically at linebacker. However, the linebacker depth in this draft was not predicted to be good. Specifically when you are looking for ones with speed like the Colts. The Colts got more talented prospects at RB and WR today than they would have if they selected a linebacker or cornerback.

9 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I was honestly expecting both Henry Anderson and Margus Hunt to be cut before the 53-man roster was set, so at least we got something for Anderson even though it was not much.

We really haven't determined if what the draft pick we got for him is not much. This pick may stick over a couple of others for all we know?

1 minute ago, SP_21 said:

I'd at least give him a shot. We have absolutely nothing on defense right now. A 7th is worthless 

We just drafted two DEs and we still have Bashum, Sheard, and Simon. I don't think Anderson was making the roster anyway.

1 minute ago, SP_21 said:

Just how do you know a 7th rounder is worthless?  Some of the best players in the league come out of late rounds.

Being negative before the pick is even made just shows you are just a negative person.

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just how do you know a 7th rounder is worthless?  Some of the best players in the league come out of late rounds.

Being negative before the pick is even made just shows you are just a negative person.

I'd much rather give Anderson a shot over anyone available in the 7th. If that's being negative then so be it

I am so happy Rutgers DT Sebastian Joseph-Day got drafted by the Rams. Always a team-first player and gave it his all every single day. 

Colts definitely had interest in him as he was a player in the top 30 visits. 

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

@NFLfanColby Gossett is a nice pick for you IMO. He has starter potential. He was top 10 guard prospect on my board. 

Btw, has Meeks been chosen yet? I went out after we picked the kicker and I am not home yet. 

How about this kid from Temple? His last name is Chandler, I believe. 

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Btw, has Meeks been chosen yet? I went out after we picked the kicker and I am not home yet. 

How about this kid from Temple? His last name is Chandler, I believe. 

I don't remember him being chosen. It's a bit of a surprise IMO. 

edit: I haven't watched Chandler. 

• Thanks 1

Even if we use our next 2 picks on a CB we cannot trust our current CB dept. I think we should look at free agency immediately.

Bashaud Breeland comes to mind he recently failed a medical with the Panthers because of an infected cut on his foot which we would need assurances on.

We should also add some more dept at safety esp after Hooker's injury last season. S, Tre Boston hasn't any lasting injury concerns. In 2017, he started 15 games at free safety for the Chargers, recording career-highs of 79 tackles, eight passes defensed, and five interceptions. Chargers just signed a 1st round safety so I think they wont sign him again.

Any free agency suggestions?

1 minute ago, IrishColt said:

Even if we use our next pick on a CB we cannot trust our current CB dept. I think we should look at free agency immediately.

Bashaud Breeland comes to mind he recently failed a medical with the Panthers because of an infected cut on his foot which we would need assurances on.

We should also add some more dept at safety esp after Hooker's injury last season. S, Tre Boston hasn't any lasting injury concerns. In 2017, he started 15 games at free safety for the Chargers, recording career-highs of 79 tackles, eight passes defensed, and five interceptions. Chargers just signed a 1st round safety so I think they wont sign him again.

Any free agency suggestions?

5 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

Which lucky team is the 2018 NFL Draft Champions?

I think most people will say the Giants or Broncos but I liked what the Patriots did. Isaiah Wynn and Sony Michel were great picks late in the first. Braxton Berrios is the type of receiver who excels in their offense. And I love watching Ja'whaun Bentley. I thought Bentley was underrated this past season. I think he will produce in the NFL.

• 8 months later...
  • Nadine unpinned this topic