Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 NFL Draft Thread

LucasOilStadium

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Okoronkwo, Crosby, Hill, Meeks, st. brown still on the board.

If Ballard is going to make a character concern guy, this is the time to jump on Hill IMO. 

Also... I would LOVE Crosby here. 

Character guy concerns have to go through the owner.  Some ex GM's that are on NFL radio says that if an owner finds out something nefarious about a character guy they draft and the GM has not already discussed it with him, he will be fired next day.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Broncos have 2 picks in the 5th round, one could be OL and one could be QB, that is my guess, and a guess it is.

It is a matter of time before Paxton Lynch is cut, IMO. 

You are probably right.....He's talented..Elway may not want to give up on him..But he just doesnt seem to see anything ( he doesn't see coverages) ..You cant fix that

\Maybe they could deal Lynch for a 2019 pick  before the end of the day

Falk threw for what 14,000 yards?

7 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

All know is he’s a WR....which was a need. I’m on board!

Another great athlete especially for his size - 6'1, 210. 4.46 40, 42 inches vertical, 134 inches broad jump. Very good ball skills, great separation at the top of the route, but doesn't run a ton of routes right now. Will have to develop but a ton of promise. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Did NFLfan's punter just go to the Seahawks?

Gil Brandt had this guy as a 4th round talent.  HE just admitted it.  Talented punter he says.

haha I liked him but I don't mind us not drafting him. Let's see what we do with our 4 sixth round draft picks.

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Another great athlete especially for his size - 6'1, 210. 4.46 40, 42 inches vertical, 134 inches broad jump. Very good ball skills, great separation at the top of the route, but doesn't run a ton of routes right now. Will have to develop but a ton of promise. 

I trust the coaching staff.....something I haven’t said in almost 6 years.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

haha I liked him but I don't mind us not drafting him. Let's see what we do with our 4 sixth round draft picks.

Good luck.

They said that punter could flip the field.  Example: kick it to the 8, back spin it to the ten and it goes dead.

• Thanks 1

The Giants are done picking. I wish the Vikes had taken that approach -- take fewer but better players. Trade some 5th to 7th round picks to move up. Now we have 4 sixth round picks. Will they make the team? With a team like the Vikes, there is just so many roster spots on the 53. Many of our picks will be cut, as there is no room on the 53.

Draft better players and get some UDFAs.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Giants are done picking. I wish the Vikes had taken that approach -- take fewer but better players. Trade some 5th to 7th round picks to move up. Now we have 4 sixth round picks. Will they make the team? With a team like the Vikes, there is just so many roster spots on the 53. Many of our picks will be cut, as there is no room on the 53.

Draft better players and get some UDFAs.

Looks like the Vikes GM listened to you!

• Haha 2

Just now, NFLfan said:

We moved up for a kicker? Anyone know this kicker from Auburn? Hope it does not turn out like Aguayo.

I think he's the first kicker drafted, so ... you practically had the pick of the litter. Congrats... I guess? :P 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Character guy concerns have to go through the owner.  Some ex GM's that are on NFL radio says that if an owner finds out something nefarious about a character guy they draft and the GM has not already discussed it with him, he will be fired next day.

I've heard  that, too....CBF

If your skills are limited to the ability of your one hand, that's up to the GM

If your skills are limited to the ability of your one handgun, that's up to the owner.

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SP_21 said:

He's an amazing kicker. Had some long kicks under pressure. I like him

Okay, sounds good. Our kicker is up there in age; so I don't mind. 

Just now, stitches said:

Damnit! Jamarco Jones gone... 

Colts on the clock! 

Who is left among your best players? 

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Okay, sounds good. Our kicker is up there in age; so I don't mind. 

Who is left among your best players? 

I'm sorry. I stopped keeping track. St Brown is still available i think... Duke Ejiofor(if i haven't missed him), Shaun Dion Hamilton(he has injury concerns), Deshon Elliot, Trenton Thompson. Oh and Holton Hill... but he probably is not getting drafted ... with those 9(NINE!!!!) failed drug tests and all... 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I just got a weird message that I never got here before. It said that my comment above, which was two separate posts, was merged. 

How does that happen?

It's happened to me too. I wouldn't worry about it. I think the Site upgraded things and added things/did updates is my guess.

• Thanks 1