Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 NFL Draft Thread

LucasOilStadium

3 minutes ago, ar7 said:

I don't think that it his really his age. He is also listed at 6'9 which I don't think is accurate.

There was a Darius Leonard who played college basketball at Wake Forest a few years ago. He is 6'9 and probably around 27. I think the internet is somehow getting that Darius Leonard mixed up with the Darius Leonard the Colts drafted.

thats hilarious, thought we drafted brandon weeden 2.0 lol

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

There is no way Leonard is 27. That would have been talked about a lot more. 

And I'm not worried about his 40 time because he plays a lot faster, has good instincts, and makes tackles in the back field a lot more than other linebacker prospects do. 

its from wikipedia, i cant say its confirmed or anything.  September 12, 1991 (age 26 years)

it does seem strange, but few people are talking about him at all really considering where he played 

Just now, WarGhost21 said:

He isn’t 26, he’s 22 or 23, but if you look at the wiki page which is giving the age of 26, it also says he’s 6’9”. Definetely messes up

yeah it does seem off

this is all we have to go by when it comes to unknown prospects 

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@stitches who are the best players available? Any OL on your list?

Vikes are picking soon.:heart:

Some of the tackles are still on the board - Crosby(my OT3), Jamarco Jones, Rankin... from the developmental ones - Cappa, Okorafor, Harrison, Noteboom.... 

From the interior linemen - everybody I had day 2 value for are gone. Wyatt Teller left. 

edit: O'Neill is a developmental one too - you just got him. 

• Like 1

Haha a lot of disappointed fans, y'all need to trust the process Leonard is a solid Will  and we got a raw pass rusher, best part is our OL is looking strong I love how much a gym rat Braden Smith is, he called weight lifting his hobby since 6th grade

3 minutes ago, Reign Supreme said:

Im a big auburn fan, let me tell you, Braden has the strength to be a bully, but he's stiff as a log. The coaches at Auburn ain't worth a spit, gimmick offense.....remember that Robinson fella that got drafted out of Auburn to the rams like 5 years ago? That's Braden

He looks like a road grader....maybe we will be able to run the ball.

Four 2nd rounders lol!

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

Some of the tackles are still on the board - Crosby(my OT3), Jamarco Jones, Rankin... from the developmental ones - Cappa, Okorafor, Harrison, Noteboom.... 

From the interior linemen - everybody I had day 2 value for are gone. Wyatt Teller left. 

edit: O'Neill is a developmental one too - you just got him. 

Thank you! Of the ones left, I liked Crosby the best. I saw O'Neill mocked to us a few times. I don't know how much I like this pick. I wanted Wynn, Ragnow and Corbett.

Good luck on the next pick.

1 minute ago, Reign Supreme said:

Grigson must be Ballard's advisor?

We went into this draft saying trust Ballard. Now after we didn't get the picks we might have wanted personally, Ballard is in *? I'm not an NFL evaluator and it's been said Ballard is one of the best around. So we either trust him or we call Irsay for a job.

• Like 1

Just now, icf said:

Another DE???

We keep throwing spaghetti on the wall, sooner or later it will stick, that is the hope.

Tarrell Basham, Kemoko Turay, Tyquan Lewis plus coverage LB Darius Leonard.

Here is to hoping a couple of them hit at least.

So... We have like 15 defensive lineman... (Sarcasm) and a bare linebacker Corp that is going to feature Leonard... I'm fine with Leonard but we need more athelticm desperately at linebacker.  Unless we trade back into the 3rd the pickings will be slim in the 4th. 

Ballard did say early in the draft process that they would be fine if Hilton, Rogers, and Grant were the top 3 receivers, but what if one of them get injured?

Hopefully we are looking for WR tomorrow as well as a developmental cornerback at least.

12 minutes ago, Reign Supreme said:

Im a big auburn fan, let me tell you, Braden has the strength to be a bully, but he's stiff as a log. The coaches at Auburn ain't worth a spit, gimmick offense.....remember that Robinson fella that got drafted out of Auburn to the rams like 5 years ago? That's Braden

Robinson was a 1st round pick and LT, Braden will play RG or if he shows he can RT different responsibilities. I trust our coaches to teach him and put him in the best position.

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Ballard did say early in the draft process that they would be fine if Hilton, Rogers, and Grant were the top 3 receivers, but what if one of them get injured?

Hopefully we are looking for WR tomorrow as well as a developmental cornerback at least.

Look towards the WR we brought in from USF Marquez Valdes-Scantling. Same college Mack is from, the dude is tall and fast and was most hindered by bad QB play he can be a late round steal.

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

Look towards the WR we brought in from USF Marquez Valdes-Scantling. Same college Mack is from, the dude is tall and fast and was most hindered by bad QB play he can be a late round steal.

I think he is definitely a project especially from a route running perspective, but his measurable do give him a lot of potential. I'm personally hoping Equanimous St. Brown makes it to our 4th round pick.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I hope that these guys have the size, speed, and potential of TJ Green. I love drafting for potential. 

lol...I'm just playing devil's advocate. In all honesty, I'll just wait to see how it all pans out.