Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mayock's first and only mock

9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I saw the Mock on the NFL channel.   I'm not a fan of the trade.  He certainly likes McGlinchey, I will defer to Mayock, he watches a lot more film than I do.  The few times I watched ND, McG had a hard time with speed rushers.

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

Fitz is supposed to fit as a centerfielder and coverage guy?  Doesn't Mayock know we have Hooker, or else he's concerned about the knee.

Nope Mayock said we should pair Fitzpatrick with Malik Hooker which does not make sense to me.

17 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Nope Mayock said we should pair Fitzpatrick with Malik Hooker which does not make since to me.

Read that too. Mayock has lost it a little. You shouldn’t do mock drafts unless you know a team’s roster from top to bottom, as well as the GMs draft tendencies.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Read that too. Mayock has lost it a little. You shouldn’t do mock drafts unless you know a team’s roster from top to bottom, as well as the GMs draft tendencies.

Yep. Just saw another mock draft from an "expert" that had us taking Hayden Hurst in the second round.

I guess they have to make money some how.

38 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

I would be excited if Fitz were to become a Colt tomorrow night. I'm not sure if he can play SS but you find a way to get that talented of player on the field. 

I just don't see the value. He projects either as a centerfield FS or a slot CB. Another FS in the 1st would be redundant and the value would be horrible to take a slot CB in the 1st. He's extremely talented, but it just wouldn't make sense to me in the 1st..

• Like 1

Mayock is the only draft expert on TV I pay attention to. Did he refer to anybody on our radar as a "meathead?" Just curious. His code work for anybody gritty, tough, processes plays or anticipates them fast on the field, & is a weight lifting gym rat junkie who takes care of his body. 

I wish Gavin was still around to provide me with his eve of the draft thoughts right now. Mike's pretty good at team projections from yrs past across the league. If we landed Fitzpatrick, I'd be fine with it. 

I was ok with the trade scenario, but the picks of Fitzpatrick and Wynn, I don't see, in my opinion. I think there will be good value on both CB and OL at the top of the second round. I truly believe the Colts want to make sure they land either Roquan Smith or Tremaine Edmunds, if Bradley Chubb doesn't make it to 6. 

12 hours ago, CR91 said:

I LOVE the trade he projects (3 for 1 - two 1s & a 2nd) and I am good to go with the picks, Fitzpatrick & Wynn.  What a 2nd round it could be, though, with four 2nds total, with the projected trade.

4 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I watched it last night and thought, really? Fitzpatrick is the last player I thought he was going to say for the Colts. 

When he had Ravens picking a QB and Steelers picking a RB, I started questioning what he was thinking.  

He’s turned into one of those those guys who puts what he would do or what he thinks should be done. He doesn’t think about what the GM might actually do.

• Like 1