Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Old fans compared to young fans.

HOF19

A family member (NY Giants fan ) made me aware of difference of opinion on Giants board. Older Giants fans not as eager to draft a QB as younger fans .Younger fans seem unsure of their QB situation. It may just be me but I think I am seeing the same thing on this board (and with Colts fans I know ) older Colts fans seem to have more faith in Andrew than younger fans.....But maybe it is just me .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

A family member (NY Giants fan ) made me aware of difference of opinion on Giants board. Older Giants fans not as eager to draft a QB as younger fans .Younger fans seem unsure of their QB situation. It may just be me but I think I am seeing the same thing on this board (and with Colts fans I know ) older Colts fans seem to have more faith in Andrew than younger fans.....But maybe it is just me .

That family member told me he had a good feeling about the NYG's future because of Gettelman (NYG's GM ) I feel exactly that way about Ballard......GO COLTS !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

That family member told me he had a good feeling about the NYG's future because of Gettelman (NYG's GM ) I feel exactly that way about Ballard......GO COLTS !

Waiting to see the draft, but Dorsey in Cleveland is my current leader for GM of the year.  The Rams are making good moves too.

19 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

I think older or more experienced people in general have more patience. They’ve seen that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side, that there aren’t short cuts in life, and that they generally like the known commodity over the unknown and are more risk adverse. That said I hate generalizations and this seems like a doozy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HOF19 said:

How do you know who is old and who is young?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

How do you know who is old and who is young?

Not every commenter . But I have seen most of which commenters reference the Baltimore Colts and the pre- Peyton INDY Colts fans .

Hello, younger fan (23) here. Most of the younger friends and I believe Luck will be fine if he can stay healthy.

Biggest debate between young and old I think is uniforms that the Colts are so stubborn about.

Older fans seem to like the uniforms just the way they are.

Younger seem to be fans of all blue color rush or wanting change to our current uniforms. 

There are only a handful of colts fans in general who think we should trade Luck. You’d have to take a poll with people reporting their age, but I bet you’d find no correlation. 

Im 25 and I have complete faith in Luck and CB, however if I was a giants fan I would want a QB this draft. Comparing Eli and Luck’s situations is apples to oranges.

14 hours ago, HOF19 said:

Tell me how does one know the difference between a younger fan and an older fan by his screen name? Unless they say their age no one really knows. 

Every year I am a year older. I have been a colts fan for neigh on 20 years. Does that make me an old colts fan? Or is it purely defined by age? 

The reason im asking is because I’m not sitting here at the age of 26, worrying about the colts QB situation. In fact all I can think about is the draft and how many picks we might aquire before our pick at 6. 

14 hours ago, HOF19 said:

Where is the cut-off between old and young? 

I'm 35.

I'm worried about Andrew but not so worried that I think we should be trying to draft a QB.  

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

I'm 35.

I'm worried about Andrew but not so worried that I think we should be trying to draft a QB.  

2 minutes ago, Swan Ronson said:

What's the cut off to go from young to older fan?

I think we're just in the middle... 

If you're an old fan, you know it.  If you're a young fan, you know it.  We're just past the latter but not quite the former.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

I'm 35.

You're about to break through to the other side......welcome!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, That Guy said:

If you're an old fan, you know it.  If you're a young fan, you know it.  We're just past the latter but not quite the former.

I know I'm still relatively young. I'm just interested what the arbitrary cut off point for this exercise is.

I'd also be interested to know what evidence is being used to decipher whether or not someone is above that cut off point.

11 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

Hello, younger fan (23) here. Most of the younger friends and I believe Luck will be fine if he can stay healthy.

Biggest debate between young and old I think is uniforms that the Colts are so stubborn about.

Older fans seem to like the uniforms just the way they are.

Younger seem to be fans of all blue color rush or wanting change to our current uniforms. 

Yep....I don't understand the need for neon uniforms and crazy colors....from college to the pros. I guess maybe its fun to have a change every once in a while but whether its Oregon or Colts....it just doesn't look good to me. Like someone ate a box of crayons and puked on a jersey.....and turning 39 I don't feel that old....but I guess I don't even realize its happening lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Swan Ronson said:

I'd also be interested to know what evidence is being used to decipher whether or not someone is above that cut off point.

There’s 0 evidence for anything in this thread besides what OP’s family member said which likely also had 0 evidence backing it up.

1 hour ago, Swan Ronson said:

What's the cut off to go from young to older fan?

The Seahawks moved to Baltimore and became the Colts in 1953. I was born in Baltimore in 1954.  So I once was a YOUNG Colts fan. NOW, I'm and OLD Colts fan!

(And, I moved to Indy in 1980. The Colts followed in 84. Probably, just for me!!!!!) At least that's my story...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, buccolts said:

You're about to break through to the other side......welcome!

Didn't know that.  Been feeling old since about 31 when my first son was born.  (Technically my 31st birthday was 8 days after my first son was born.)

And now I have 3 kids.  

Married fathers of 3 children have no ability to feel young.  

Please don't tell me that 30 is the new 20.  

• Like 2

Just now, Valpo2004 said:

Didn't know that.  Been feeling old since about 31 when my first son was born.

And now I have 3 kids.  

Just imagine how the mother feels.  My wife went to blissfully optimistic and unaware to cynical old hag in about 3 years time and she's only 30.  I mean, sometimes it's really funny, but I dare not laugh lest I get an open palm across my face under the right circumstances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That Guy said:

To be fair I havn't been a fan all that time.  Only really started following the Colts when Luck came in.  Although I did favor the Colts before because they had Dallas Clark and Bob Sanders from Iowa.  

17 hours ago, HOF19 said:

Probably not just you, but I think the opposite also could be true. Old timers remember Bert Jones and his injuries and how most fans were sure he was too good and too young to be washed up. Old timers also remember how the Irsays screwed up the John Elway situation and set back the franchise many years. Youngsters may be more apt to believe the Colts management when they assure us everything will be fine, when we oldsters know the opposite may be true.

PS It seems like a lot of people in these threads are confusing skepticism with worry. I worry that my flight attendant wife will be safe. I am skeptical when Colts management assure us all is well. But the Colts success or failure is just a diversion from life, not a source of worry.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Just imagine how the mother feels.  My wife went to blissfully optimistic and unaware to cynical old hag in about 3 years time and she's only 30.  I mean, sometimes it's really funny, but I dare not laugh lest I get an open palm across my face under the right circumstances.

My wife was always a bit of a worrier.  Kids sent that into overdrive.  

31 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Didn't know that.  Been feeling old since about 31 when my first son was born.  (Technically my 31st birthday was 8 days after my first son was born.)

And now I have 3 kids.  

Please don't tell me that 30 is the new 20.  

I wouldn't do that to you. When I was a teen, you couldn't trust anyone over 30, so I've been living in denial for a long time now.

Oh, and I had both my kids in my mid 40's, so....yeah, didn't make me feel any younger.     :)

31 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

It's a tightrope, I tell ya.

• Like 2