Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baker Mayfield

TonyHose

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

On PTI tonight, they said the Browns are leaning toward drafting him #1.

Right.     Two guys who hate the draft and pay little attention to it repeat the latest rumor.

Sorry,   not blaming you....    and I normally like those two....   but not when it comes to the draft....    Ugh!

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Right.     Two guys who hate the draft and pay little attention to it repeat the latest rumor.

Sorry,   not blaming you....    and I normally like those two....   but not when it comes to the draft....    Ugh!

Yeah I don't even watch that show much at all but had it on there. I guess you probably seen it as well. I was surprised to hear that but I agree it doesn't make it true.

• Like 1

I believe the Browns know who they're going to pick...and they've known for weeks.

Think about it: They knew they had the No.1 pick the day the season ended..

They interviewed and investigated everybody in the top tier.

What could they possibly learn in the final month that would change their mind on a player?

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I think we can all agree Josh Allen will be one of the worst. He's got horrible accuracy!

Why can we all agree?

Hes under consideration for the first overall pick.   And if not, for a too-5 pick..  and if not a top-10 pick..

There's nothing unanimous about this QB class...   sorry...

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I believe the Browns know who they're going to pick...and they've known for weeks.

What could they possibly learn in the final month that would change their mind on a player?

Laremy Tunsil is probably why he was a top 5 pick before his incident 

Do people ever look to see what the cause of an issue is before declaring it permanent? I remember Lucks first 2 seasons in Indy. He had some significant accuracy issues. Fixed his footwork and now he's much better. But for some reason Josh Allen can't do that?

8 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

If we are throwing out our predictions on who will be the best QB in this draft then I'm going to take Lamar Jackson. I think he has the potential to be Mike Vick 2.0.

I feel like Vick is exactly what Lamar is.  Problem is I'm hoping it's not exactly that because Vick could never put the entire skillset together enough to become one of the great ones.    I'm hoping Lamar can be more than Vick.

Just now, krunk said:

I feel like Vick is exactly what Lamar is.  Problem is I'm hoping it's not exactly that because Vick could never put the entire skillset together enough to become one of the great ones.    I'm hoping Lamar can be more than Vick.

That's why I said 2.0. I think Lamar Jackson is an upgrade over Vick. I'm not a huge college football fan, but from what I've heard he is a much better passing prospect than Vick was coming out of college.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Not me,  I don't want teams getting better.  I only want the colts getting better!  More rings baby!! 

The Browns are down to Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield, and they've "cooled off" on Sam Darnold in the past few days. - Mary Kay Cabot , Cleveland Plain-Dealer
If you'd rather pay attention to the national media than Cabot, remember last year, when Cabot had Cleveland selecting Myles Garrett all along, while the two ESPN mock drafters thought the Browns would go with Mitchell Trubisky. Cabot is one of the top NFL team reporters, and I believe her report to be true. We've been told to mock Allen to the Browns, and that's why we've slotted him there for a while in our 2018 NFL Mock Draft. Allen is a perfect quarterback for Todd Haley's system, but Mayfield remains a possibility because Scot McCloughan's camp believes the Oklahoma product is the top quarterback in this class. McCloughan, prior to even being hired by the Browns, called Mayfield a "shorter Brett Favre." I still think Allen will be the pick, but Mayfield shouldn't be counted out. -Walter
http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors

• Like 1

5 hours ago, krunk said:

Do people ever look to see what the cause of an issue is before declaring it permanent? I remember Lucks first 2 seasons in Indy. He had some significant accuracy issues. Fixed his footwork and now he's much better. But for some reason Josh Allen can't do that?

Luck didn't have accuracy issues in college. Allen had major issues. Luck's accuracy issues in the NFL weren't nearly as bad relatively as Allens were in college.

Players with comparable YPA and comp% for Allen in college haven't become great QBs in the NFL.

QBs usually don't improve dramatically in accuracy from college/early NFL years (note; accuracy, not comp%). Peyton Manning is one of the few who managed to do that. I think decision-making was bigger issue for Luck early on. Still was in 2016 but it's improved a ton.

20 hours ago, TonyHose said:

Just to put myself on blast in later years or a pat on the back but this will be the best qb out of this 2018 qb draft class

:)

OK, I'll go on the huge Breakout or bust guy.  I say Josh Allen.  We won't know until year 3 if that is going to happen though.  I think Browns take him and teach him behind Tyrod Taylor. This we'll find out tomorrow.  But reports are it is now Allen or Mayfield, not Darnold nor Rosen.

Jets for Rosen

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000928545/article/draft-buzz-josh-rosen-over-baker-mayfield-to-jets

If Mayfield goes to the Browns at #1 and it's true the Jets want Rosen(I think because they feel like they won't get Mayfield),  then that leaves Darnold open for the Giants.  They kept leaving info that they had interest in Darnold.  Hopefully they pull the strings on him.  That will give us 3 QBs in the top 3 like I wanted.  I'm hoping Chubb falls right to us.

18 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

A trade deal they can't turn down?  I doubt it but you never know.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

Jets for Rosen

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000928545/article/draft-buzz-josh-rosen-over-baker-mayfield-to-jets

If Mayfield goes to the Browns at #1 and it's true the Jets want Rosen(I think because they feel like they won't get Mayfield),  then that leaves Darnold open for the Giants.  They kept leaving info that they had interest in Darnold.  Hopefully they pull the strings on him.  That will give us 3 QBs in the top 3 like I wanted.  I'm hoping Chubb falls right to us.

We couldn't be so lucky.

23 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Laremy Tunsil is probably why he was a top 5 pick before his incident 

who was Top-5 pick?

....... that's not the same as this

You know who you want if you have the No.1, pick overall....

The player wont change in the last 2 or 3 weeks and, anything 'new' you hear about him  you have to be very suspect of it.

Edited by oldunclemark

5 hours ago, krunk said:

Browns have been listening to many offers for #4 pick

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000928514/article/browns-no-4-pick-generating-a-lot-of-conversations

Hopefully they trade back.

Why do you hope that?

Odds are if they trade back it's with Buffalo.    And if that happens, there goes one of Ballard's trade options...

11 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

The maturity of this guy reminds me a lot of Jonny Manziel.

Mayfield has two incidents....   two.

A dui before his senior season...   and a crutch grab during a game.   That's it.

Manziel had too many incidents to count.

These are not the same guy.   The main thing they have in common is their height...    otherwise...

Have you read a story that had NFL people comparing the two players' personalities?    I don't think so.   It's nothing more than media hype.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why do you hope that?

Odds are if they trade back it's with Buffalo.    And if that happens, there goes one of Ballard's trade options...

Because I want Chubb. I only care about trading back if we don't get Chubb.

• Thanks 1