Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This is how it will play out

If Browns take Allen then Giants go Darnold and Colts draft Chubb or Barkley basically whoever Browns don't 

If Browns take Darnold then Giants take Barkley with their favorite Darnold gone then chances are Browns then go Chubb leaving us with Roquan Smith.

In the unlikely scenario none are available (Chubb Barkley or Smith)

Trade to the highest bidder.

3 minutes ago, DarkSuperman said:

I see the Browns going Darnold at 1 and New York will go Barkley at 2. Chubb will go 4 and I'm thinking Denver will have their choice between Rosen/Allen (If the Jets take Mayfield)

Quenton Nelson needs to be our pick at 6 if it plays out this way.

I think Broncos actually take Nelson.

• Like 1

1. Darnold QB

2. Barkley RB

3. Mayfield QB

4. Chubb DE (Updated...Barkley seen wearing Giants Hoody)

5. Allen QB

6. Trade to Bills for 12,53, 2019 1st rounder

Bills Select... Rosen. QB

7. James S

8. Edmunds LB

9. Fitzpatrick CB

10. Smith LB

11. Vea DT

12. Colts Select Nelson G Christmas Miracle in April.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FalseStart said:

1. Darnold QB

2. Chubb DE

3. Mayfield QB

4. Barkley RB

5. Allen QB

7. James S

8. Edmunds LB

9. Fitzpatrick CB

10. Smith LB

11. Vea DT

Bears won't let Nelson slip past 8

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FalseStart said:

1. Darnold QB

2. Chubb DE

3. Mayfield QB

4. Barkley RB

5. Allen QB

7. James S

8. Edmunds LB

9. Fitzpatrick CB

10. Smith LB

11. Vea DT

I would jump for joy 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, FalseStart said:

Quite a few Guards will be there in round 2/3... LBs that remind them of Urlacher in the second 0...

Not saying you're wrong... But this could just as easily read: quite a few linebackers will be there in round 2/3.... Guards that remind them of Larry Allen in the second will be 0. Both statements are true. Actually, I see a pretty big fall off at both position groups, if we're talking about immediate starters. I see about 4 linebackers and 3 to 5 guard prospects (the plus or minus is on whether you consider some players a tackle or center as opposed to guard). For each position group I think there are some good developmental guys, but I'm not sure which guys slip into the second round at either position who you could really start from day 1 (all depends on how the draft plays out). 

• Like 1

The more I've seen and heard over the last few days, the more I believe the Colts should go with Roquon Smith at 6 if Chubb and Barkley are off the board. On NFL Live they have said on more than one occasion if it weren't for the expected run on QB's that in just about any other year Smith would be a top 5 pick. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Giants have been linked to both Darnold and Barkley 

If Blue Blue has Darnold sitting there when they're on the clock & takes Barkley, I'm gonna be so ticked off. Eli is 37. He's not gonna play forever. The Mara & Tisch family owners are insane if they think Manning is going to be their longterm future. 

Like I've said many times before, Colts are my favorite NFL franchise to root for & the NY Giants are my #2. If they bleep this up, I will literally smash something. Don't make me angry man. Just saying.

PS: No, I don't hate Eli. I will always revere him for getting 2 rings, but I'm a realist. He's got 1 more yr max left at playing professional ball. He's not elite & his best yrs have passed him by. 

3 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

I see the Browns going Darnold at 1 and New York will go Barkley at 2. Chubb will go 4 and I'm thinking Denver will have their choice between Rosen/Allen (If the Jets take Mayfield)

Quenton Nelson needs to be our pick at 6 if it plays out this way.

I still don't trust the Browns though. Yes, they should take Sam Darnold absolutely. However, I could see them falling in love with Josh Allen's arm too so who knows. Just when you think even the Browns can't screw this up, they do. What can Brown do for you? Reach new depths of depression & drinking for their fanbase that's what. 

We'll see if their new GM has any ability to turn the tide I guess. 

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Barkley wouldn't exactly be a bad choice though for Giants 

If Eli was say age 28 or even 30 & didn't play horrible this past yr, I could be persuaded to that POV except that his OL wasn't good Nate Solder at LT will give Manning peace of mind sure. However, that organization needs to face facts & start a new era of football with a new face of the franchise on the horizon. 

Even Barkley can't save Eli's lack of post season play or the fact that his lack luster game performance of the past 3-4 yrs doesn't warrant keeping him around much longer. Even if Eli went somewhere else, would he compete for another ring say in AZ after Bradford is gone? Nope. 

29 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

If Eli goes anywhere it would probably be Jacksonville with Coughlin 

He did get the most out of Eli. That is true. Didn't Bortles get a boatload of money with his new contract extension though? 

I get what you're saying though D87. That reunion could work if the Jags were still looking for their heir to QB Mark Brunnell. But, they tied their sail to Blake already. I only mentioned the AZ for Eli since Bradford is injury prone & AZ is like retirement home for aging veteran players. Emmitt Smith did his swan song there so could Eli. 

One other option for Eli would be the Bengals. Marvin Lewis always has good defenses & Cincinnati might win their 1st playoff game under Lewis by then. LOL! Andy Dalton is a nice kid but he's never gonna win any hardware or play in a championship game in my lifetime. 

Now watch the Red Rifle get to the Championship Game just because I said that. My predictions/proclamations always go in the opposite direction normally. Ha! Ha! 

1 hour ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

the Colts should go with Roquon Smith at 6 if Chubb and Barkley are off the board.

That does seem to be as close to a consensus as I've heard too MKH on TV at least. 

I just can't wait for all the speculation to end starting Thursday night. It's like starring at presents under the Christmas when you're little. You just wanna rip the wrapping paper off & find out what your new toys are. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

That does seem to be as close to a consensus as I've heard too MKH on TV at least. 

I just can't wait for all the speculation to end starting Thursday night. It's like starring at presents under the Christmas when you're little. You just wanna rip the wrapping paper off & find out what your new toys are. 

Lol it's my favorite week of the year 

• Like 2

I think that there are a lot of wildcards in the top 5.  All we really know is QB at 1 & 3.  The Giants are way more likely to take a QB at 2 (even if Darnold goes to Cleveland) than Barkley IMO, no matter what the rumors linking them to Saquon are.  I have a hunch that Cleveland could trade out of #4 to target McGlinchey later on.  Denver could trade down, or even fall in love with Roquon.