Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Network Improvement

CheezyColt

I've been watching a LOT of NFLN lately and I just assumed it was because I'm so far gone into draft mode that I'm just willing to listen to whatever segments they put out. I just now realized what the actual reason may be....

No Heath freaking Evans.  Was he fired or does he just not do draft stuff?  The shows like Total Access and Up to the Minute are so much more enjoyable without having to listen to that meathead slob all over Belichick and attempt (and fail) to add anything at all of value.

Kind of a random topic, but I can't believe I just realised that he hasn't been poisoning my ears for weeks (months?).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CheezyColt said:

I've been watching a LOT of NFLN lately and I just assumed it was because I'm so far gone into draft mode that I'm just willing to listen to whatever segments they put out. I just now realized what the actual reason may be....

No Heath freaking Evans.  Was he fired or does he just not do draft stuff?  The shows like Total Access and Up to the Minute are so much more enjoyable without having to listen to that meathead slob all over Belichick and attempt (and fail) to add anything at all of value.

Kind of a random topic, but I can't believe I just realised that he hasn't been poisoning my ears for weeks (months?).

I'm not aware he's been fired,  but I suppose anything is possible these days...

I'd guess it's because it's draft season and that's not his specialty....     lots of the player analysts take this time of year off because once the season comes around in July,  there's not time for any time off....

The whole morning crew should be fired too much fluff need better analyses less Kay. Peter, and the other guy.  

Seems like Kay likes to pretend she is special and she is one wart away from being the wicked witch of the west. Sorry but i don't think she is that special. The NfL network can do better than that. and Peter is John Lovit from Saturday night live past Really? We deserve  better.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

The whole morning crew should be fired too much fluff need better analyses less Kay. Peter, and the other guy.  

Seems like Kay likes to pretend she is special and she is one wart away from being the wicked witch of the west. Sorry but i don't think she is that special. The NfL network can do better than that. and Peter is John Lovit from Saturday night live past Really? We deserve  better.

Then you must have liked the old or previous morning show.    Older, more serious anchors and analysts.

That show was done here in So. Cal....

When they changed the location,  they changed the format....    lighter,  breezier,  more fun and laughter....  less people taking themselves seriously.    That's the way all morning shows are.    Few are in the mood for serious NFL analysis when they wake up.      They want fun.    They want to be entertained.

I think you're going to have to learn to like what they're selling....    if not,  there are other options...

GMFB did a mock draft of the first round today and they didn't have Edmunds going in the first round. How laughable is that. They had three other linebackers going ahead of him. 

But i do enjoy the show, more so for the entertainment than the sports analyses.

13 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Good Morning Football is really, really bad. That's all I've got to add to this.

Really? I quite enjoy it. Kyle Brandt can get annoying at times, but I find it informative and entertaining. 

The thing about Heath Evans that always bothers me is he has this demeanor about him that he knows everything about football just because he played for Bill Belichick & won a ring with Sean Payton in New Orleans. I'm not saying the guy is clueless about the NFL. It's just his tone. Like listen to me cause I learned at the foot of the Hoodie & Payton is an offense genius. Therefore, whatever I say is golden. Please. 

By contrast, one of my favorite guys to listen to is Rod Woodson because he's so chill, laid back, extremely knowledgable about football, & he doesn't need to brag about how great I am. Shaun O'hara is solid too & very funny as well. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:23 PM, horseshoecrabs said:

The morning show is for casual fans, I'm guessing.....Its 'comedy'

Its a 'morning zoo' for younger fans

I liked NFL-AM better......Not enough real information in GMF.....its 'morning radio'

• Like 1

On 4/23/2018 at 8:09 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I'm not aware he's been fired,  but I suppose anything is possible these days...

I'd guess it's because it's draft season and that's not his specialty....     lots of the player analysts take this time of year off because once the season comes around in July,  there's not time for any time off....

He was involved with that show  "stylist" chick that said several of the on-air "talent" made comments, grabbed her boobs and butt, etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

He was involved with that show  "stylist" chick that said several of the on-air "talent" made comments, grabbed her boobs and butt, etc.

Oh....   I hadn't heard he was linked to that...    that's a stain that doesn't go away easily...

Thanks....

On 4/23/2018 at 10:23 PM, horseshoecrabs said:

Peter Schrager is the lovechild of John Lovitz and Alf.

when did he become so "cool"?

the whole show is just too cheesy for me.

all fluff, no substance.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oh....   I hadn't heard he was linked to that...    that's a stain that doesn't go away easily...

Thanks....

I'm in favor of ANYTHING that gets roid-boy Heath Evans off the Air.

now if we could do something about Brusci and McGinist.

I don't watch much of it unless I'm just trying to catch highlights or a story interest me but I'm not going to lie. There are just a couple "players" I can stand to watch on there. I think LT and Warner is probably the only ones. Prime, Irving, Evans, Marshall, Burleson, even our beloved Reggie I can't stand to listen to. (Love what you did Reggie...just don't try talking on the air) Most of the other talent I like aren't ball players...so it's usually only their segments I listen to. Don't get me wrong some sound like *s too but the players mostly...and that is sad.

22 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Makes sense....plus the fact that it isn't "season" there is no reason for him to be on. Good find.

I had forgotten about those allegations....lots of talent was caught up in that one. Pretty much cleaned house on the NFL player side.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2018 at 4:30 PM, WoolMagnet said:

the whole show is just too cheesy for me.

all fluff, no substance.

The various football talk shows on NFL Radio {SiriusXM channel 88} has all of the intelligent hosts/Analysts/ex players/and {most} callers.  Hosts Ross Tucker, Bob Papa, Bruce Murray, Alex Marvez, Vic Carucci, etc..., analysts Gil Brandt, Bill Polian, Pat Kirwan, Charlie Weiss, Phil Savage, Mark Dominik, etc..., ex players Jim Miller, James Lofton, Brady Quinn, etc... are some of the one I like to most listen to.

Shows- The Morning Kickoff (7-8), the Opening Drive (8-11), SriusXM, Blitz (11-3), Movin' the Chains (3-7), and Late hits (7-11).  Listening to all of these consecutively will take you from 7:00 am until 11:00 pm on a weekday!

I can, and have (on rare occasions), listened to this channel all day and evening; every show.

On 5/2/2018 at 3:30 PM, WoolMagnet said:

Peter Schrager is the lovechild of John Lovitz and Alf.

when did he become so "cool"?

He thought he was cool the moment he no longer had to wear his retainer. Btw I agree with MTC. It's not the worst channel to put on for a NFL fan. Specifically if you want the latest NFL news bright and early GMF is okay IMO ( no worse than  ESPN), but only when I am too lazy to scan headlines online. I prefer FS1 myself.

Does NFL Network have a NFL show on that just has the news without all the personal commentary?

I quit watching because it seemed every show was either biased or was point vs point argumentative opinions.

While we all have different opinions the format of making it into an argument just turned me away.