Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Possible Draft Scenario???

I was fooling around with the idea of moving down with the Bills in the draft, adding 12, 22, and 56. This trade is an in I’m mostly on board with as I think 12 is a great spot to be drafting if Ballard sees 8 premium players + 4 QBs that will inevitably be taken top 12. Anyways, that got me think No about the value of the 22nd pick, and honestly I don’t see much difference between the “late first guys” and early second. Such as Wynn vs. Hernandez, Bryan vs. Hurst, etc. So that got me thinking.

is it possible that we could trade down again from 22? Maybe a team like Cleveland wants to move up for some OL help and is willing to offer their 2 early seconds. The value checks out.

A trade with Cleveland would give the Colts 4 of the first 5 picks in the 2nd round and a total of 6 (!!!!) 2nds. If we say we grab a LB at 12 (Smith or Edmunds) that would allow us to pick DE, DT, RB, CB, OG and OT all in the 2nd with all of the draft left to go. That’s truly dominant. 

Is is this a scenario that you guys would pursue if the opportunity arises? Who would you select in the second if this does happen and how would you want at 22 if this doesn’t happen and we still trade w8th the Bills. 

• Like 4

If we get the Buffalo trade (less than 25% chance, IMHO)

I dont see the 56th pick coming our way, but to your question I do believe that we could move around

Att 22, I see players and potential players like:(depending on we would do at 12)

Hurst / Taven DT

Wynn / Herandez OG

Evans / MLB

I think ALL of these are probably gone at start of round 2.........

If this scenario, happens, I would probably just keep the 22nd pick and draft 3 times in round 2 and be happy!

If anything........  I might do it the following way

KEEP the 22nd pick, trade pick 12 and to move to 14 - 16 and get LANDRY, plus a round 2 pick (or more) 

23 minutes ago, RealityIsLuck said:

I was fooling around with the idea of moving down with the Bills in the draft, adding 12, 22, and 56. This trade is an in I’m mostly on board with as I think 12 is a great spot to be drafting if Ballard sees 8 premium players + 4 QBs that will inevitably be taken top 12. Anyways, that got me think No about the value of the 22nd pick, and honestly I don’t see much difference between the “late first guys” and early second. Such as Wynn vs. Hernandez, Bryan vs. Hurst, etc. So that got me thinking.

is it possible that we could trade down again from 22? Maybe a team like Cleveland wants to move up for some OL help and is willing to offer their 2 early seconds. The value checks out.

A trade with Cleveland would give the Colts 4 of the first 5 picks in the 2nd round and a total of 6 (!!!!) 2nds. If we say we grab a LB at 12 (Smith or Edmunds) that would allow us to pick DE, DT, RB, CB, OG and OT all in the 2nd with all of the draft left to go. That’s truly dominant. 

Is is this a scenario that you guys would pursue if the opportunity arises? Who would you select in the second if this does happen and how would you want at 22 if this doesn’t happen and we still trade w8th the Bills. 

Hey Reality! I haven't seen you in a long time! Hope everything is well! That would be a great idea. The trade with Buffalo is possible, not sure if we trade down afterward, but I wouldn't put it past Ballard!

If Ballard traded down with Miami or Buffalo and got a good haul in return, I'd like him to try and move back up 2-3 spots to make sure they snag LB Roquan Smith. I have a feeling he won't be there at 11 or 12, and in my opinion he is the best LB in this draft. Edmunds' instincts don't even compare with Smith's. 

• Like 1

I feel the same way about pick #22. Sure, Ballard will still be able to get a good player there...but I don't see a huge difference in the players in that mid-1st - mid-2nd round range. 

For me, I would be all about trading back down from #22 and getting more day two picks. I wouldn't do it if I missed on Edmunds and LVE was available though...and I probably wouldn't do it if I loved Hurst. But outside of that, I think you could easily get another day two pick or two out of it.

Also, if I was feeling really clever, I might try too see if I can get a team to trade up from the 2nd round for their 1st round pick next year...especially if I thought that team might struggle next season.

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

If Ballard traded down with Miami or Buffalo and got a good haul in return, I'd like him to try and move back up 2-3 spots to make sure they snag LB Roquan Smith. I have a feeling he won't be there at 11 or 12, and in my opinion he is the best LB in this draft. Edmunds' instincts don't even compare with Smith's. 

Maybe your instinct that a 19 year old should have the same instincts as  a 21 year old are laughable.

if the Colts get Buffalo to unload a treasure trove of draft picks for the 6 pick, you keep them. The Colts need talent everywhere, especially young talent. And for the record,I don't know that Buffalo will be able to trade up ahead of the Colts. The first three picks aren't getting traded to them, and Cleveland already has a plethora of picks. So to me, its trade with either Denver or the Colts if Buffalo wants to use its firepower to get their QB. If only two of the QBs are gone by the Denver pick, it means Chubb and Barkley are gone, and its going to get very interesting. I suspect both Buffalo and Miami will be burning up the phone lines. Big time.