Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Network's Live Mock Draft

The NFL Network did their Live Mock Draft. @movethesticks is Daniel Jeremiah, @cfd22 is Charles Davis. Dave Dameshek, Christa Frelund, Colleen Wolfe, Bucky Brooks, Steve Mariucci, and Maurice Jones Drew. 

With pick #1, @movethesticks has the @browns selecting USC QB Sam Darnold.

With pick #2, @stevemariucci has the @giants selecting Penn State RB Saquon Barkley.

With pick #3, @cfd22 has the @nyjets selecting Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield.

With pick #4, @movethesticks has the @browns selecting NC State DE Bradley Chubb.

With pick #5, @MJD has the @Broncos selecting UCLA QB Josh Rosen.

With pick #6, @BuckyBrooks has the @Colts selecting Georgia LB Roquan Smith.

With pick #7, @ColleenWolfeNFL has the @Buccaneers selecting Florida State S Derwin James.

With pick #8, @cfrelund has the @chicagobears selecting Notre Dame G Quenton Nelson.

With pick #9, @stevemariucci has the @49ers selecting Virginia Tech LB Tremaine Edmunds.

With pick #10, @MJD has the @Raiders selecting Ohio State CB Denzel Ward.

With pick #11, @Dameshek has the @MiamiDolphins selecting Washington DT Vita Vea.

With pick #12, @BuckyBrooks has the @BuffaloBills selecting Wyoming QB Josh Allen.

With pick #13, @CFrelund has the @Redskins selecting UTEP G Will Hernandez.

With pick #14, @CFD22 has the @Packers selecting UTSA DE Marcus Davenport.

With pick #15, @ColleenWolfeNFL has the @AZCardinals selecting Alabama S Minkah Fitzpatrick.

With pick #16, @MoveTheSticks has the @Ravens selecting Alabama WR Calvin Ridley.

With pick #17, @Dameshek has the @Chargers selecting Alabama DT Da’Ron Payne.

With pick #18, @CFrelund has the @Seahawks selecting Notre Dame T Mike McGlinchey.

With pick #19, @MJD has the @DallasCowboys selecting Maryland WR D.J. Moore.

With pick #20, @SteveMariucci has the @Lions selecting LSU RB Derrius Guice.

With pick #21, @Dameshek has the @Bengals selecting Louisville QB Lamar Jackson.

With pick #22, @BuckyBrooks has the @BuffaloBills selecting Iowa C James Daniels.

With pick #23, @CFD22 has the @Patriots selecting UCF CB Mike Hughes.

With pick #24, @MoveTheSticks has the @Panthers selecting Louisville CB Jaire Alexander.

With pick #25, @ColleenWolfeNFL has the @Titans selecting Alabama LB Rashaan Evans.

With pick #26, @SteveMariucci has the @AtlantaFalcons selecting Florida DT Taven Bryan.

With pick #27, @BuckyBrooks has the @Saints selecting South Carolina TE Hayden Hurst.

With pick #28, @Dameshek has the @Steelers selecting Georgia RB Sony Michel.

With pick #29, @MJD has the @Jaguars selecting Georgia OL Isaiah Wynn.

With pick #30, @CFrelund has the @Vikings selecting Texas T Connor Williams.

With pick #31, @CFD22 has the @Patriots selecting South Dakota State TE Dallas Goedert.

With the FINAL pick of the 1st round, @ColleenWolfeNFL has the @Eagles selecting Iowa CB Josh Jackson.

So still on the board Maurice Hurst, LVE, Courtland Sutton, Billy Price, Kolton Miller, Ronnie Harrison, Harold Landry. So which two would you want at the top of the 2nd?

20 minutes ago, Bshultz said:

The NFL Network did their Live Mock Draft. @movethesticks is Daniel Jeremiah, @cfd22 is Charles Davis. Dave Dameshek, Christa Frelund, Colleen Wolfe, Bucky Brooks, Steve Mariucci, and Maurice Jones Drew. 

With pick #2, @stevemariucci has the @giants selecting Penn State RB Saquon Barkley.

With pick #4, @movethesticks has the @browns selecting NC State DE Bradley Chubb.

With pick #7, @ColleenWolfeNFL has the @Buccaneers selecting Florida State S Derwin James.

With pick #8, @cfrelund has the @chicagobears selecting Notre Dame G Quenton Nelson.

With pick #9, @stevemariucci has the @49ers selecting Virginia Tech LB Tremaine Edmunds.

With pick #11, @Dameshek has the @MiamiDolphins selecting Washington DT Vita Vea.

With pick #12, @BuckyBrooks has the @BuffaloBills selecting Wyoming QB Josh Allen.

With pick #15, @ColleenWolfeNFL has the @AZCardinals selecting Alabama S Minkah Fitzpatrick.

With pick #16, @MoveTheSticks has the @Ravens selecting Alabama WR Calvin Ridley.

With pick #18, @CFrelund has the @Seahawks selecting Notre Dame T Mike McGlinchey.

With pick #21, @Dameshek has the @Bengals selecting Louisville QB Lamar Jackson.

With pick #22, @BuckyBrooks has the @BuffaloBills selecting Iowa C James Daniels.

With pick #24, @MoveTheSticks has the @Panthers selecting Louisville CB Jaire Alexander.

With pick #25, @ColleenWolfeNFL has the @Titans selecting Alabama LB Rashaan Evans.

With pick #26, @SteveMariucci has the @AtlantaFalcons selecting Florida DT Taven Bryan.

With pick #27, @BuckyBrooks has the @Saints selecting South Carolina TE Hayden Hurst.

With pick #31, @CFD22 has the @Patriots selecting South Dakota State TE Dallas Goedert.

With the FINAL pick of the 1st round, @ColleenWolfeNFL has the @Eagles selecting Iowa CB Josh Jackson.

So still on the board Maurice Hurst, LVE, Courtland Sutton, Billy Price, Kolton Miller, Ronnie Harrison, Harold Landry. So which two would you want at the top of the 2nd?

Hurst and LVE....

And I'd be thrilled....

The show wasn't all that great...    too many people who aren't really experts...   they're more personalities than anything else....

But...   it is what it is....

22 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

this is why I'm starting to see the Colts getting Smith at 6....the interior line depth after the first round is far better than the linebacker depth after the first round. And having 3 2nd round picks helps there too.

I think the quality of the LBs goes down quite a bit after rounds 1.  I can't even think of a guy that's worthy of the 2nd round after Smith, Edmunds, Vander Esch, and Evans get selected in Round 1.  Maybe Lorenzo Carter if you want to make a permanent conversion to WLB.  Malik Jefferson is projected to round 3 and so is Darius Leonard.  Fred Warners set for Round 4, but might sneak into round #3. From there I guess you have Josey Jewell.   After that I can't think of too many guys I have great confidence in.  I think there's a lot of LB in this draft but I don't think there's a large pool who could bring significant improvement to our group.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I think the quality of the LBs goes down quite a bit after rounds 1.  I can't even think of a guy that's worthy of the 2nd round after Smith, Edmunds, Vander Esch, and Evans get selected in Round 1.  Maybe Lorenzo Carter if you want to make a permanent conversion to WLB.  Malik Jefferson is projected to round 3 and so is Darius Leonard.  Fred Warners set for Round 4, but might sneak into round #3. From there I guess you have Josey Jewell.   After that I can't think of too many guys I have great confidence in.  I think there's a lot of LB in this draft but I don't think there's a large pool who could bring significant improvement to our group.

I think the LB depth is fine, but there aren’t any 3-down Mike LBs after Smith, Edmunds, Evans, and LVE who could all go in the 1st. Oren Burks, etc...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bshultz said:

I'd be very curious to see how things went if the top-5 picks in front of us went this way.

With only Josh Allen left of the big 4 QBs, I could definitely see a team like Buffalo or Miami or Az trying to move up.

And even falling back to 11-12 or so wouldn't be bad since we could still land a solid player like any of the those currently listed in their top-11 or even Minkah Fitzpatrick.

If we stayed at 6 in that scenario, I would hope we just take Nelson. But I know the idea of taking a LB (that isn't a pass rusher) or an OG at pick 6 is a bit unconventional.

Excited to see how this shakes out in 3 days

2 hours ago, krunk said:

I agree people are so high on LVE when i think someone like Leonard/Warner could fit this system better can be had in later rounds. Draft grades for a lot of these guys all over the place. I do think CB and crew plan to come away with a few starters at LB in this draft. Hopefully they won't ignore the OL and RB's they have in this draft that can help the team in later rounds as well. Even if he stays at 6 is in a great position to get an impact player. I wouldnt move unless it was a deal too good to pass up because once you get to 8-12 it might get even harder to select the number (1 or 2) option on your board. Should be an exciting week though.