Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Players I Want To Hate... But Just Can't

Lucky Colts Fan

As a Colts fan, there are some players that I really want to hate because of what they've done on the field against the Colts.  But I can't help but respect these guys for the players that they were.  In no particular order, they are:

Ed Reed

Jerome Bettis

Tedy Bruschi

Steve McNair

LaDainian Tomlinson

Tom Brady

Troy Polamalu

I could probably add more to this list.  But these guys were basically the core of the Colts main rivals during the Manning Glory Years.  They all contributed to a number of Colts losses, and some very painful playoff losses.  As much as I want to hate these guys for the numerous painful Colts losses... when I take my Blue-colored glasses off, I realize how fortunate I was to watch these guys play.

But I still hate Ty Law for January 18, 2004.  :reaction:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Great post, although I have to disagree with Brady being in there. There may be a tinge of jealousy in there somewhere, but man that guy annoys me! :censored2:

Like I said, I WANT to hate these guys so badly... but I just can't.

Brady is starting to feel more like the Darth Vader to Bill Belichicks' Emperor...

While I still loathe the emperor, I feel a little sympathetic toward his most powerful, yet ultimately human, minion... even if he was very annoying as a child.

lloyd11f-4-web.jpg

I don't actually like Brady, I just... can't hate him... I don't wanna talk about this anymore.

uncomfortable.gif

I wish I could have left any and all Patriots off this list, but Bruschi and Brady deserve their due respect.

:puke:  (clean-up on aisle 5)

:corner:

Deon Sanders in Dallas. Every time he opens his mouth, I wanna smack him. I really can't stand the guy even on Golden Corral ads on TV. Yes, he was a true shutdown corner. However, he always darned Peyton with faint praise in INDY & Denver. Man, I despise this guy with every fiber of my body. He's so arrogant & a pompous jack caboose. He really is. 

Yeah, I know. I was supposed to say something redeeming about Prime Time wasn't I? Oops. Well, I was glad to see him retire & flounder on the Ravens. I actually enjoyed that watching his athleticism tank. It was great. Nothing to brag about. 

Okay, even I have to admit to play both baseball & football in Atlanta was impressive. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Ty Law & Troy Brown baby. Great players who cost Peyton at least 2 more SB runs. Nice guys, remarkable athletes that I always dreaded in the post season snow at Foxboro. 

4 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Deon Sanders in Dallas. Every time he opens his mouth, I wanna smack him. I really can't stand the guy even on Golden Corral ads on TV. Yes, he was a true shutdown corner. However, he always darned Peyton with faint praise in INDY & Denver. Man, I despise this guy with every fiber of my body. He's so arrogant & a pompous jack caboose. He really is. 

Troy Brown was pretty awesome... ugh, fine, he can be another Patriot on the can't-hate list   :puke:

But Ty Law and Deion Sanders are still on my most-hated list.

They can both go kick rocks.

giphy.gif

I liked watching LT play, but I'm always perplexed as to why LaDainian Tomlinson has difficulty speaking on TV via NFL Network. He just struggles to have his speech flow well on screen. I actually feel sorry for him because he's smart. He just can't articulate his thoughts well at all. 

I loved watching Steve McNair play too. Tough as nails & wicked smart on the field. McNair was the true iron man not Favre. I still feel horrible about how he died. I don't condone a marital affair, but I always respected how competitive he was LCF. He deserved to win a ring with the Titans. No disrespect to kurt Warner who I also hold in high regard too. 

• Like 1

LB Bill Romanowski. Very dirty player with a lot of rings. That dude is wired wrong meaning messed up in the head. Maybe it's all those yrs playing & the inevitable concussions. I don't know. Definitely known for his pitbull personality on the field. 

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Brady is starting to feel more like the Darth Vader to Bill Belichicks' Emperor...

You mean the Empire Strikes Back Vader right not the Return Of The Jedi warm & fuzzy Anakin after Luke takes off his old man's mask off? 

Although, maybe there is a parallel between Skywalker losing his hand & Brady puncturing his hand this yr. Hmmm...

I do agree though that snot nosed Anakin boy was so annoying. Grrr! Not as bad as Jar Jar but close. :D

1 last Star Wars film rant: Why is Kylo Ren such a baby anyway? Villains are supposed to crave violence & bloodshed not have mommy & daddy reservations. Conflict arises from 2 opposing forces evil & kindness battling for control of the universe not which central character has the better sob story. Oh brother what's next? Oprah The Lost Childhood Yrs on The Psychological Couch? Sigh. End Rant. 

Add Willie McGinnest to the list.

the Jag's old kicker or punter always antagonized us.

rodney harrison is on my list too.

i "hate" players more based on their playing style or personality / attitude/character.  Not so much that they made plays against us (phillip rivers). I hate NE so much you can add the Red Sox just for good measure.

you can add the whole Pats team and coaching staff to my list

• Like 2

7 hours ago, P'Son said:

Here's two from our side:  Aaron Bailey and Hank Baskins (not so much hate, just can't forgive).

Why? Quentin Coryatt dropped a wide open interception in the left flat that he could have walked in for a pick 6......the next play was like a 40 yard bomb to Ernie Mills to the 1 yard line, then the 1 yard plunge by Bam Morris....

Aaron Bailey dropped a tipped Hail Mary that literally shouldn't had happened. 

Let's not forget the Kordell Stewart TD where he was out of the back of the end zone for like 7-10 steps....

Instant Replay started the following season....

But I'm with you on Hank.....he can kick rocks!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aaron11 said:

two great players and nice guys off the field

for me its brady and gronk, both come off as huge d bags pretty much every time they speak 

I think Gronk is just a * honestly. 

He's very 'caveman' like. An honest *.

His thoughts probably go... food mmmm, good. Weights, me lift. Women me love..ball, catch. Tom, friend.

He doesn't sound very bright in interviews which I think makes him come off more arrogant then he probably is. 

Tom,  I'm with you on. Sadly, he can be an butt. Filthy rich, supermodel wife, pro sports champion. He probably doesn't care in the least if he's an *. 

On 4/22/2018 at 2:41 AM, DaveA1102 said:

Great post, although I have to disagree with Brady being in there. There may be a tinge of jealousy in there somewhere, but man that guy annoys me! :censored2:

You have to admit it was awesome being on one side or the other during the Manning v Brady years. Both super competitors and IMO one just had a much better team around him than the other. (I’d say the are equals as they both were amazingly smart behind center. I don’t think I have seen two QBs evaluate a d so well and or so completely as they did.)

22 hours ago, aaron11 said:

two great players and nice guys off the field

for me its brady and gronk, both come off as huge d bags pretty much every time they speak 

Really? Brady rarely says anything even remotely out of line, and Gronknis well Gronk. He does stupid % off the field but againrately says anything. And when he does as someone else says he sounds as bright as a 4 year old. (And I love Gronk!)

On 4/22/2018 at 10:13 AM, WoolMagnet said:

Add Willie McGinnest to the list.

My youngest is 29 now. When he was in 6th grade, his undefeated elementary school team got to play in the Hoosier Dome. Had strict instructions to not bother the pros warming up. But when they got down in their stance, McGinnest would stand behind my son and point out who was coming to block him and where the play was headed.  He even went in the kids huddle, leading the High Fives!  The other team had a first and goal from the one, but our inspired kids pushed em back on four straight plays.

Then, McGinnest went and blew all the love by faking an injury to stop the clock as Peyton almost beat the Pats... 

In the Giants-Pats Super Bowl, Irsay arranged for our Indpls Children's Choir to sing the Star Spangled Banner. My wife works for the Choir. She was on the Field, standing between Brady and Belichick during the Anthem.  Much as she can't stand those Cheaters, she did say Brady is one Fine Looking Man...