Sign in to follow this  
CopenhagenColt

Another 7 rd. mock from NFL.com

Not my favorite draft. I wouldn't be thrilled with this outcome. Can't see us picking three WR's, no RB and no help at guard or pass rush.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000927617/article/chad-reuter-2018-sevenround-nfl-mock-draft-round-1

Colts picks. A few trades involved.

Round 1 (11) Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
Round 1 (31) Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
Round 2 (37) Donte Jackson, CB, LSU
Round 2 (42) Justin Reid, S, Stanford
Round 2 (49) Brian O'Neill, OT, Pittsburgh
Round 3 (67) James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State
Round 5 (140) Marcell Ateman, WR, Oklahoma State
Round 6 (178) Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky
Round 7 (221) Montrel Meander, CB, Grambling State

I will be pissed if this is our draft, I'm good with Smith but trading up for Sutton and drafting 2 more WRs in the 3rd and 5th in a year when WRs are not a deep group is just terrible. I think there will be better players available at 37 and Jackson is under 6' which Ballard has focused on getting CBs over 6' and drafting a QB just doesn't make sense we have our backup in Jacoby, I don't think we will have more than 2 QBs carried to the 53 man roster.

Basically they ignored our real team needs except the first pick and didn't pay attention to the type of players Ballard likes.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I will be pissed if this is our draft, I'm good with Smith but trading up for Sutton and drafting 2 more WRs in the 3rd and 5th in a year when WRs are not a deep group is just terrible. I think there will be better players available at 37 and Jackson is under 6' which Ballard has focused on getting CBs over 6' and drafting a QB just doesn't make sense we have our backup in Jacoby, I don't think we will have more than 2 QBs carried to the 53 man roster.

Basically they ignored our real team needs except the first pick and didn't pay attention to the type of players Ballard likes.

This WR class hella deep.  But I still agree I think we draft at least one but two at the absolute max.  Also think there would be better players on the board too.

There was another mock that had us trading up for a RB.

Hating some of these mocks, hopefully Ballard is smarter than this.

Getting 11 a #2 and a future #1 and still getting Smith would be the steal of all steals. The rest of the draft stinks though.

I would love to move down to 11, get Smith+ a 2nd now and a 1st next year...and hope the rest of Reuter's predictions dont happen

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zoltan said:

I will be pissed if this is our draft, I'm good with Smith but trading up for Sutton and drafting 2 more WRs in the 3rd and 5th in a year when WRs are not a deep group is just terrible. I think there will be better players available at 37 and Jackson is under 6' which Ballard has focused on getting CBs over 6' 

I'm not a fan of trading up for Sutton, especially when he could most likely have been available at our first pick in the 2nd round. I'm also not a fan of picking Dante Jackson when Josh Jackson is still available and would have gone Will Hernandez over Justin Reid any day.

I would absolutely love to be able to do that trade down and still get Smith. I don't see him getting to 11, but that's just me.

Why would the Colts trade up for Sutton when he’s likely to fall to them in the 2nd? Another ugly draft by analysts.