Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bold predictions for the Colts in the 2018 NFL Draft

Since we are a week away now from the 2018 NFL Draft, lets do a bold prediction thread for the Indianapolis Colts! You can do picks, trades, or anything else Colts related you think will happen. The prediction can be through any of the 7 rounds, doesn't just have to be day 1. I'll start.

1.) The Colts will draft either Chubb or Nelson and then trade up for Roquan Smith as well.

2.) We will draft a WR in the 2nd round

3.) The Colts will trade for 2 or more picks in 2019 during the draft (not counting our 2019 pick from the Jets).

These are my bold predictions. Lets have some fun and post yours below!

1 minute ago, wig said:

No OL in the first 2 rounds.

Two LBs in the first 2 rounds. 

Roquon at 6. (Not too bold)

I admit, I would be upset if the first scenario happened. Two LBers very well could and Roquan at 6 could as well if Chubb, Nelson, and 3 QBs are all gone. All 3 of yours could come true.

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Since we are a week away now from the 2018 NFL Draft, lets do a bold prediction thread for the Indianapolis Colts! You can do picks, trades, or anything else Colts related you think will happen. The prediction can be through any of the 7 rounds, doesn't just have to be day 1. I'll start.

1.) The Colts will draft either Chubb or Nelson and then trade up for Roquan Smith as well.

3.) The Colts will trade for 2 or more picks in 2019 during the draft (not counting our 2019 pick from the Jets).

That is certainly bold. To trade into the top 10 for Smith it would likely cost all the 2nd round picks this year plus a #1 next year. Way too much. Then we wouldnt have a 2nd rounder for your #2 point.

5 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

That is certainly bold. To trade into the top 10 for Smith it would likely cost all the 2nd round picks this year plus a #1 next year. Way too much. Then we wouldnt have a 2nd rounder for your #2 point.

The trade chart says our two early 2nds and a 3rd is fair value. You are WAY overpricing the Raiders pick at #10. Also, I'm not predicting all my predictions to happen together, just trying to get at least 1 of them right.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The trade chart says our two early 2nds and a 3rd is fair value. You are WAY overpricing the Raiders pick at #10. Also, I'm not predicting all my predictions to happen together, just trying to get at least 1 of them right.

The trade chart often gets thrown by the wayside which is why we got three #2's to move 3 spots. To go from 10 to out of the first round entirely might be unprecidented. It would take a phenominal haul.

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

The trade chart often gets thrown by the wayside which is why we got three #2's to move 3 spots. To go from 10 to out of the first round entirely might be unprecidented. It would take a phenominal haul.

The Raiders aren't after a QB or anything, and it's likely they can still get an ILB with 36 or 37, as well as two other solid picks of their choosing. It's a bold idea, don't give me too much slack over it, lol. If anyone would try something like that in the draft, it's Ballard. He's conservative in FA, but in the draft, I can see him going all out.

- Austin Corbett with pick 36 or 37, after an early run on internal lineman.

- The only WR in this draft for us is Anthony Miller, Michael Gallup, or Daurice Fountain.

- RB is a need that falls in this draft, coming no earlier than Round 4 (or maybe not at all).  Chase Edmonds, Josh Adams, and Royce Freeman are names to watch.

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If we take Davenport at 6, I'd be shocked. Wouldn't mind him as much in a trade down though.

hey, everyone wanted bold!

I actually do believe he could be really really good. and the football gods say, "passers, and pass rushers."

that said I'll be happy with Barkley, Chubb, Smith, Ward, Edmunds, even Nelson.

1 minute ago, Gigc said:

hey, everyone wanted bold!

I actually do believe he could be really really good. and the football gods say, "passers, and pass rushers."

that said I'll be happy with Barkley, Chubb, Smith, Ward, Edmunds, even Nelson.

Oh yeah! We'll have to come back to this thread and see if anyone got any predictions right.

1. Colts draft TWO WRs!

2. Colts trade up into the late first round to pick a player they love and secure his 5th year and/or jump another team who might want to take him.

3. If we don't draft Nelson, we don't draft an O-lineman until day 3(round 4). 

Those are mine... 

50 minutes ago, stitches said:

1. Colts draft TWO WRs!

2. Colts trade up into the late first round to pick a player they love and secure his 5th year and/or jump another team who might want to take him.

3. If we don't draft Nelson, we don't draft an O-lineman until day 3(round 4). 

Those are mine... 

One would hope and pray we draft Nelson then in your scenario. 

• Like 1

I remember last year so many posters wanted Foster. He hasn't done much on the field and his off the field behavior is not all that. Smith being the same size as Foster is a fair comparison. If the Colts take Smith at six, it will be another swing and a miss.  I know many if not all of you may disagree, but hopefully don't want to be right about Smith should the Colts draft him. 

1. A QB will fall to 6, to which we will trade down in the first round (who I hope- Buffalo for their 2 1st rounds, who I think- Miami)

2. We will double down in drafting LB and OL

3. We will take at least one player who has fallen in the draft due to serious off the field issues (1 of Antonio Callaway, Holton Hill or Arden Key)

4. By the end of the draft, for draft pundits, the average grade of our draft will be a B+ 

13 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Bold? Colts draft a QB at 6..... :peek:

Colts get two additional first rounders for next year's draft - that is my bold prediction. Might as well be bold. :) 

The first one is by moving down from No.6

The second one is from a playoff team trading for one of our early 2nd rounders and giving up a future 1st.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Colts get two additional first rounders for next year's draft - that is my bold prediction. Might as well be bold. :) 

The first one is by moving down from No.6

The second one is from a playoff team trading for one of our early 2nd rounders and giving up a future 1st.

Wow 3 1st round picks next year? Sign me up! 

3 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

I remember last year so many posters wanted Foster. He hasn't done much on the field and his off the field behavior is not all that. Smith being the same size as Foster is a fair comparison. If the Colts take Smith at six, it will be another swing and a miss.  I know many if not all of you may disagree, but hopefully don't want to be right about Smith should the Colts draft him. 

Foster was very impressive when he was on the field, it's just he's an idiot and may never play again. Smith has none of the character concern and way more mature. 

2 hours ago, TheMose said:

Foster was very impressive when he was on the field, it's just he's an idiot and may never play again. Smith has none of the character concern and way more mature. 

That is to be determined yet. Sometimes when these players get paid for the first time they do real stupid things. Again I don't want the Colts taking a Cato June type player with the sixth overall pick. They need to be and probably are  thinking on drafting a potential future HOF type player with that pick.

2 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

That is to be determined yet. Sometimes when these players get paid for the first time they do real stupid things. Again I don't want the Colts taking a Cato June type player with the sixth overall pick. They need to be and probably are  thinking on drafting a potential future HOF type player with that pick.

Well as of right now he is no where near Foster's level character concern. Dude very well could spend the next 10 years in prison. I'm all for taking risks and I even wanted Foster especially after dropping so far. But he's a prime example of what could happen with risky players. And I agree, the #6 pick isn't a spot for risky players. Maybe one of our 2nds

16 hours ago, MTC said:

Bold prediction: 

Colts will NOT draft a running back in this draft. 

I can see this happen, we already have a lot of RBs and when we resigned Christine Michael I thought it significantly lowered our chances of signing a RB at least in rounds 1-3.

Fun topic!

Predictions:

• 1/3 of the board will be doom and gloom with each pick that is announced - setting up for the ‘Fire Chris Ballard’ threads

• 1/3 of the board will LOVE the draft picks and predict the Colts will go 13-3 because we won the draft

• 1/3 of the board will be measured and take a ‘wait and see’ approach with the draft picks - suggesting we re-evaluate this draft in 3 years

• Many people will have never heard of the draft picks in rounds 5, 6, and 7

*I know...this wasn’t what you were asking. But, it made me chuckle thinking about it. I also chose 1/3 because I’m an optimist :)