Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gavin Memorial Draft (Post Easter) Round 4 (Final Round)

8 minutes ago, Finball said:

Ah, my bad. That I can agree with though many starting receivers usually have game or few per season where they get over 100 yds.

That's always possible, it only takes one insane play or defensive breakdown for a big play, but the guy is a jack of all trades, master of none.  I like him, but I don't love anything about him - except maybe his route running which is diminished by his YAC ability

Redskins time is up at 2:32pm, so we can start looking at consensus picks as @John Hammonds hasn't been on since yesterday.  They need a CB, off the line LB and interior OL.  Towards the top of the list, that means either Tony Brown, CB, Alabama; Scott Quessenberry, OC, UCLA or further down Nick Nelson, CB, Wisconsin. 

I vote Tony Brown unless someone has a better prospect or better yet, a PM from John Hammonds

1 hour ago, Finball said:

Highly unlikely he's there at 6th round unless he really lacks drive.. one of the best route runners in the class.

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I don't think he'll last to round 6.  He's not one of those guys who will light up the stat box, but he's got plus route running ability, good (not great) hands, and he knows how to get open.  He will be a solid #2 type of receiver, or at least that's his ceiling, but he's got a good chance to stick on a roster because his transition to the NFL has a clearer path, even if you shouldn't expect him to be much more than a 5-7 receptions 75 yards a game when he's at his best.

Based on this (in bold), I want my team to draft him in the 4th or 5th round. I don't put too much value on splashy plays. I like good route runners who can get open.

We had a player in Jarious Wright who we appreciated a lot because it seemed that whenever we needed a 3rd down, he got it. He did not have many catches but the ones he did have always seemed to come when we needed them.  We replaced him with Kendall Wright this offseason. Many believe Kendall is an upgrade over Jarious. 

Anyway, I hope we get Hamilton.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Redskins time is up at 2:32pm, so we can start looking at consensus picks as @John Hammonds hasn't been on since yesterday.  They need a CB, off the line LB and interior OL.  Towards the top of the list, that means either Tony Brown, CB, Alabama; Scott Quessenberry, OC, UCLA or further down Nick Nelson, CB, Wisconsin. 

I vote Tony Brown unless someone has a better prospect or better yet, a PM from John Hammonds

i second that

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

That's good to know. You seem like you study players a lot. You and others here should work in player personnel/scouting departments.

Hah, thanks but I'm nowhere close to knowledgeable enough. In a lot of aspects I don't even know what I should be looking at. I'm a relatively new fan of football and I'm still learning it. I have an addictive personality so when I get hooked on something I spend a ton of time on it and I find the draft fascinating and as a fan of a team in rebuild it gives a lot of hopes and possibilities for my team to improve and get better. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

Hah, thanks but I'm nowhere close to knowledgeable enough. In a lot of aspects I don't even know what I should be looking at. I'm a relatively new fan of football and I'm still learning it. I have an addictive personality so when I get hooked on something I spend a ton of time on it and I find the draft fascinating and as a fan of a team in rebuild it gives a lot of hopes and possibilities for my team to improve and get better. 

I appreciate your posts a lot. I liked that Colts Big Board you created. I thought of asking one of our Vikings writers on the Daily Norseman if he could do something similar. 

@OffensivelyPC did you see the Big Board that Stitches created. What do you think of his Big Board. Have you thought of doing something similar? 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I appreciate your posts a lot. I liked that Colts Big Board you created. I thought of asking one of our Vikings writers on the Daily Norseman if he could do something similar. 

@OffensivelyPC did you see the Big Board that Stitches created. What do you think of his Big Board. Have you thought of doing something similar? 

The one with the colors?  I assume you're talking abotu that one, and I hadn't really thought about it mostly because I limit my film watching to guys the Colts might like and broaden plus QBs, RBs, WRs, and TEs (since I do a fantasy football dynasty league).  It's a lot of fun and it's one of those things that you really get better the more you do it.  But for DBs and WRs, it's really hard to come up with accurate opinions of those guys because unless you pay for a service - which I don't know who does it - you can't see a lot of what happens outside of the broadcast film of the game.  

Anyway, outside of certain positions of interest I just don't have enough time to watch film to come up with a big board I'd be proud enough to call my own.  I didn't do much QB watching this year because I nailed my last two QBs  from watching film(Garroppolo and Wentz,) I won't be addressing that position, not to mention in the devy portion of that league, I also have Josh Rosen.  But WRs are to me, by far the hardest to scout on film, not only because of the reasons above, but also because you just can't predict how they will translate into the NFL.  Tough.  RBs on the other hand are easier for me (I guess) as I was right about a lot of the more of them in the past 2 or 3 years.

• Thanks 1

@crestmount the Bengals are on the clock @3:33 pm - I will update the draft and big board on the previous page.

@chad72 @WarGhost21 - I know crestmount sent us who he wanted in the last post so the other position we didn't draft for him I assume is who we should take, but I wasn't sure if we should wait the hour first and then draft that position or just take it now.

35 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

The one with the colors?  I assume you're talking abotu that one, and I hadn't really thought about it mostly because I limit my film watching to guys the Colts might like and broaden plus QBs, RBs, WRs, and TEs (since I do a fantasy football dynasty league).  It's a lot of fun and it's one of those things that you really get better the more you do it.  But for DBs and WRs, it's really hard to come up with accurate opinions of those guys because unless you pay for a service - which I don't know who does it - you can't see a lot of what happens outside of the broadcast film of the game.  

Anyway, outside of certain positions of interest I just don't have enough time to watch film to come up with a big board I'd be proud enough to call my own.  I didn't do much QB watching this year because I nailed my last two QBs  from watching film(Garroppolo and Wentz,) I won't be addressing that position, not to mention in the devy portion of that league, I also have Josh Rosen.  But WRs are to me, by far the hardest to scout on film, not only because of the reasons above, but also because you just can't predict how they will translate into the NFL.  Tough.  RBs on the other hand are easier for me (I guess) as I was right about a lot of the more of them in the past 2 or 3 years.

Thank you. 

Yes, I was referring to the one with the colors. He included only players that he would like the Colts to select in the 1st and 2nd rounds. He did not include QBs, as the Colts are not expected to take a QB early. He broke it down by round. His favorite player for the Colts is B. Chubb. He has Barkley as his 12th best pick for the Colts, not necessarily 12th best pick overall. 

It seems like a fun exercise. I wonder what a Vikings one would look like. I may put Nelson first. 

Alright guys, I will be out for a little while, possibly the rest of the evening so I won't be able to take the co-commish duties back up again until tomorrow morning - might get time to make my pick if it comes up (I'll pm you @NFLfan @WarGhost21 @csmopar and @crazycolt1).

If @crestmount isn't here to make his pick at 4:33pm, he I know he has asked for the highest rated OG (which would be Brendan Mahon, OG, Penn State).  After that, just do what you can until one of the regulars takes over.

35 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

@crestmount the Bengals are on the clock @3:33 pm - I will update the draft and big board on the previous page.

@chad72 @WarGhost21 - I know crestmount sent us who he wanted in the last post so the other position we didn't draft for him I assume is who we should take, but I wasn't sure if we should wait the hour first and then draft that position or just take it now.

Go ahead and do it now. I’m not near a computer currently so I can’t check easily

Pick (overall) 

1 (101). Green Bay Packers from Cleveland Browns - Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky
2 (102). Tampa Bay Buccaneers from New York Giants - RJ McIntosh, DL, Miami
3 (103). Pittsburgh Steelers from Houston Texans (TRADE) - Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn
4 (104). Minnesota Vikings from Indianapolis Colts (TRADE) - Holton Hill, CB, Texas
5 (105). Chicago Bears - Jalyn Holms, DL, Ohio State
6 (106). Denver Broncos - Kyzir White, S, West Virginia
7 (107). New York Jets - Tre'Quan Smith, WR, UCF
8 (108). New York Giants from Tampa Bay Buccaneers -  Uchenna Nwosu, DE/OLB, USC
9 (109). Washington Redskins from Denver Broncos via San Francisco 49ers - Tony Brown, CB, Alabama
10 (110). Oakland Raiders - Derrick Nnadi, DL, Florida State
11 (111). Los Angeles Rams from Miami Dolphins - Shaquem Griffin, OLB, UCF
12 (112). Cincinnati Bengals - Brendan Mahon, OG, Penn State.
13 (113). Denver Broncos from Washington Redskins - @Jared Cisneros
14 (114). Cleveland Browns from Minnesota Vikings via Cleveland Browns via Green Bay Packers (TRADE) - @SolidGold
15 (115). Chicago Bears from Arizona Cardinals - @CR91
16 (116). Dallas Cowboys - @Clem-Dog
17 (117). Detroit Lions - @Track Guy
18 (118). Baltimore Ravens - @danlhart87
19 (119). Los Angeles Chargers - @Irish Colt
20 (120). Seattle Seahawks - @PureLuck
21 (121). Buffalo Bills - @OffensivelyPC
22 (122). Kansas City Chiefs - @PureLuck
23 (123). Miami Dolphins from Cleveland Browns through Carolina Panthers - @stitches
24 (124). Kansas City Chiefs from Los Angeles Rams - @PureLuck
25 (125). Tennessee Titans - @Finball
26 (126). Atlanta Falcons - @chad72
27 (127). New Orleans Saints - @SaturdayAllDay
28 (128). San Francisco 49ers from Pittsburgh Steelers - @Shive
29 (129). Jacksonville Jaguars - @DaveA1102
30 (130). Philadelphia Eagles from Minnesota Vikings - @csmopar
31 (131). Miami Dolphins from New England Patriots through Philadelphia Eagles - @stitches
32 (132). Philadelphia Eagles - @csmopar
33 (133). Green Bay Packers (Compensatory) - @crazycolt1
34 (134). Arizona Cardinals (Compensatory) - @chad72
35 (135). Los Angeles Rams from New York Giants (Compensatory) - @HectorRoberts
36 (136). Los Angeles Rams from New England Patriots (Compensatory) - @HectorRoberts
37 (137). Dallas Cowboys (Compensatory) - @Clem-Dog

74.          Kalen Ballage      Arizona State     RBF        6'1"        228                

76.          Dorance Armstrong         Kansas  EDGE     6'3"        257        

85.          DeShon Elliott    Texas    S              6'1"        207                      

94.          Trevon Young    Louisville              EDGE     6'4"        258        

97.          Poona Ford         Texas    DL3T      6'0"        300           

99.          Steven Richardson       Minnesota          DL3T      6'0"        300        

100.        Terrell Edmunds               Virginia Tech      S          6'0"        217                

105.        Andrew Brown  Virginia DL5T      6'3"        296        

106.        Scott Quessenberry        UCLA     OC          6'4"        315

107.        Mark Walton      Miami (FL)           RBF        5'10"      202             

109.        Ito Smith              Southern Miss   RBC        5'9"        195        

112.        Kameron Kelly   San Diego St       S              6'2"        204        

113.        Trenton Thompson         Georgia DL3T      6'3"        288        

114.        Jeff Holland        Auburn EDGE     6'1"        249        

115.        Allen Lazard        Iowa State           WRF       6'5"        223        

116.        Nyheim Hines    NC State              RBC        5'8"        198

118.        Joshua Frazier    Alabama              DL1T      6'3"        321        

119.        Folorunso Fatukasi          Connecticut        DL1T      6'4"        318        

124.        Akrum Wadley  Iowa      RBF        5'10"      194

126.        Nick Nelson        Wisconsin            CB           5'11"      200        

128.        Marcell Frazier  Missouri               EDGE     6'5"        265        

129.        Keke Coutee      Texas Tech          WRS       5'11"      180        

130.        Deontay Burnett              USC        WRF       6'0"        170        

131.        Josh Adams        Notre Dame       RBF        6'2"        213        

132.        Michael Hill         Ohio State           DL3T      6'2"        295        

133.        Cedrick Wilson  Boise State         WRF       6'3"        188        

134.        Chase Litton       Marshall               QB          6'6"        211        

136.        Deadrin Senat   South Florida      DL1T      6'0"        314        

137.        Kendrick Norton               Miami   DL1T      6'3"        314        

138.        Troy Fumagalli   Wisconsin            TE           6'5"        234        

139.        Dorian O'Daniel Clemson              OLB        6'1"        223        

140.        Bradley Bozeman       Alabama              OC          6'5"        314        

141.        DaeSean Hamilton           Penn State         WRF     6'1"      211        

142.        Marcus Allen      Penn State          S              6'2"        215        

143.        Mike McCray      Michigan              ILB          6'1"        243        

144.        Kevin Toliver II   LSU        CB           6'2"        192        

145.        Christian Sam     Arizona State     ILB          6'1"        244        

146.        Riley Ferguson  Memphis             QB          6'4"        210        

147.        Breeland Speaks               Ole Miss           DL3T      6'3"    283        

148.        Marcell Ateman Oklahoma State WRF       6'4"        220        

149.        Ike Boettger       Iowa      OT          6'5"        307        

150.        Bo Scarbrough   Alabama              RBF        6'1"        228        

151.        Chad Thomas     Miami (FL)           EDGE     6'5"        281        

152.        Tegray Scales     Indiana     ILB          6'0"        230

153.        Durham Smythe               Notre Dame       TE           6'4"        245        

154.        Quin Blanding    Virginia S              6'2"        207        

155.        Lowell Lotulelei Utah      DL1T      6'2"        315        

156.        Justin Jones        NC State              DL1T      6'2"        309        

157.        Kylie Fitts             Utah      EDGE     6'4"        263        

158.        Mason Cole        Michigan              OC          6'4"        307        

159.        D.J. Reed             Kansas St             CB           5'9"        188        

160.        Kentavius Street               NC State              DL3T      6'2"        280        

161.        Jaleel Scott          NMSU   WRF       6'6"        215        

163.        Jordan Lasley     UCLA     WRF       6'1"        209        

164.        Justin Jackson    Northwestern   RBC        6'0"        199

165.        Jordan Whitehead      Pittsburgh           S              5'10"      198        

166.        Jaylen Samuels  NC State              FB           5'11"      236

167.        John Kelly            Tennessee          RBF        5'10"      216        

168.        J.C. Jackson         Maryland             CB           5'10"      201        

169.        Roc Thomas        Jacksonville St    RBF        5'10"      198        

170.        Ryan Izzo             Florida State       TE           6'5"        245        

171.        Armani Watts    Texas A&M         S              5'10"      202        

172.        DeQuinton Osborne       Oklahoma State DL3T      6'1"        305        

173.        Auden Tate         Florida State       WRF       6'5"        225        

174.        Marquis Haynes               Ole Miss               EDGE     6'2"        235        

175.        David Moa          Boise State         DL3T      6'3"        271         

177.        Mike Ramsay     Duke     DL3T      6'2"        290        

178.        J'Mon Moore     Missouri               WRF       6'3"        190        

180.        Will Geary           Kansas State       DL3T      6'0"        298        

181.        Dalyn Dawkins   Colorado State  RBC        5'9"        185        

182.        Du'Vonta Lampkin           Oklahoma           DL1T      6'4"        335        

183.        De'Asian Richardson       Louisville              DL1T      6'3"        322        

184.        Jack Cichy            Wisconsin            ILB          6'2"        238        

185.        Griffin Oakes      Indiana PK           5'10"      198        

186.        P.J. Hall SHSU     DL3T      6'1"        308        

187.        Justin Crawford West Virginia      RBF        5'11"      199        

188.        Cam Phillips        Virginia Tech      WRF       6'0"        203        

190.        Brandon Facyson              Virginia Tech      CB           6'1"        203        

191.        Christian LaCouture        LSU        DL5T      6'4"        307        

192.        Kahlil McKenzie Jr            Tennessee          DL1T      6'3"        314        

193.        Eddy Pineiro       Florida  PK           5'11"      178        

194.        Ethan Wolf          Tennessee          TE           6'5"        248        

195.        James Looney    Cal          DL3T      6'3"        287        

196.        Antonio Callaway             Florida  WRS       5'11"      197        

197.        Taron Johnson  Weber State       CB           5'11"      192        

198.        Michael Dickson               Texas    P             6'2"        209        

199.        Dylan Cantrell    Texas Tech          WRF       6'3"        225        

200.        Daylon Mack      Texas A&M         DL1T      6'0"       

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@WarGhost21 or whoever can, is it possible to update results on Round 3 in page 1 of Round 4 somewhere since we can go back and edit our posts whenever now?

I’m case I missed it, Round 3 should be fully updated. When I get the chance, I will add in what we have so far in round 4

3 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

With the #109 pick, the Washington Redskins select Tony Brown, CB, Alabama.

Hidey ho, neighbors!

Long day at work today.  Never once got a chance to even look up from my spreadsheets and emails, or even turn around in my chair, to visit the website to see how the draft was doing.

Looks like we wound up breezing past my pick, but... Lo and behold....  you picked The Exact Player that I was going to pick!  Somebody must have been in my head.  (Yes, I do wear that kilt, and yes, that lightsaber really works, and no, she never told me her age, I swear!)

Thanks to the group for the completion of an all-Alabama draft for the Potomac Drainage Basin Indigenous Persons!

Roll Persons!

• Like 1