Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No, NCAA's best team will not beat NFL's worst team

rock8591

Each time I see a thread on this (not necessarily here, but on other forums), I have a huge laugh.

Here's an all-NFL worst team...and they can still blow out a college team 77-0.

P.S. by "worst", not necessarily as in baddest of the baddest...but rather stars in college that have become backups/waiver wire players on NFL teams.

QB: RG3, Mark Sanchez

QB/RB/FB: Tim Tebow

RB: Trent Richardson, Josh Robinson

TE: Bucky Hodges, Dwayne Allen

WR: Phillip Dorsett

WR: Kevin White

WR: Jaelen Strong

LT: Ereck Flowers

LG: Hugh Thornton

C: Khaled Holmes

RG: DJ Fluker

RT: Zach Banner

DE: Ejuan Price

DT: Robert Nkemdiche

DT: Sheldon Rankins

DE: Shaq Lawson

OLB: Joshua Perry

MLB: Reggie Ragland

OLB: Kamalei Correa

CB: D'Joun Smith

CB: Dee Milner

S: TJ Green

S: Laron Landry

K: Roberto Aguayo

P: Jeff Locke

3 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Each time I see a thread on this (not necessarily here, but on other forums), I have a huge laugh.

Here's an all-NFL worst team...and they can still blow out a college team 77-0.

P.S. by "worst", not necessarily as in baddest of the baddest...but rather stars in college that have become backups/waiver wire players on NFL teams.

QB: RG3, Mark Sanchez

QB/RB/FB: Tim Tebow

RB: Trent Richardson, Josh Robinson

TE: Bucky Hodges, Dwayne Allen

WR: Phillip Dorsett

WR: Kevin White

WR: Jaelen Strong

LT: Ereck Flowers

LG: Hugh Thornton

C: Khaled Holmes

RG: DJ Fluker

RT: Zach Banner

DE: Ejuan Price

DT: Robert Nkemdiche

DT: Sheldon Rankins

DE: Shaq Lawson

OLB: Joshua Perry

MLB: Reggie Ragland

OLB: Kamalei Correa

CB: D'Joun Smith

CB: Dee Milner

S: TJ Green

S: Laron Landry

K: Roberto Aguayo

P: Jeff Locke

Sometimes off seasons suck.

14 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Tad bit biass with how many Colts you put on there. Locke is a punter he wasnt as bad as you saying here. TJ Green wasnt a star in college nor was Smith or any colt you put there except Richardson. This isnt worst player waiver wire player this was bash Colts that didnt perform as well as you wanted vs NCAA best team

Not my intention, also not my problem you made your own inferences.

8 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

I think if there was a college all star team they could beat the worst team in the nfl. Like if you took all the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round talent and put together a team, they would fair well

they used to play college all star games but it wasnt necessarily against the worst team in the league.  the pros went 39-9-2 against the college teams 

Just now, aaron11 said:

they have, but this thread said they could never do it

I honestly wasn't aware of it before and had to look it up. haha

I would think, in this day and age, they'd be less likely to pull it off. I mean in 1963 most NFL players had second jobs they worked in the offseason. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I honestly wasn't aware of it before and had to look it up. haha

I would think, in this day and age, they'd be less likely to pull it off. I mean in 1963 most NFL players had second jobs they worked in the offseason. 

yeah it would be tough now, but i try to never say never

a college all star team might have had a shot against the browns last year. 

4 hours ago, aaron11 said:

they used to play college all star games but it wasnt necessarily against the worst team in the league.  the pros went 39-9-2 against the college teams 

Wow I didn’t actually know that. So the college all stars actually won a few times. Had it been the worst team each year, I wonder what the record would have been. 

Imagine a team last year with Watson, Fournette, Kamara, Juju, ramzcyk, Lamp, Bolles on Offense and Lattimore, Tredavious White, garret, watt, Lawson, Jamaal Adams, hooker, and foster on Defense.

They would have been favored against the browns! Heck they would’ve been favored against us! haha 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Wow I didn’t actually know that. So the college all stars actually won a few times. Had it been the worst team each year, I wonder what the record would have been. 

Imagine a team last year with Watson, Fournette, Kamara, Juju, ramzcyk, Lamp, Bolles on Offense and Lattimore, Tredavious White, garret, watt, Lawson, Jamaal Adams, hooker, and foster on Defense.

They would have been favored against the browns! Heck they would’ve been favored against us! haha 

There used to be a time that the NFL didn't pay that much so not every college football player who was offered an NFL contract took it.

Nile Kinnick famously turned down the NFL to go to law school until the war started and he went to war.

But today the best college football team verses the worst NFL team the worst NFL team would crush them with their 2nd stringers.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

There used to be a time that the NFL didn't pay that much so not every college football player who was offered an NFL contract took it.

Nile Kinnick famously turned down the NFL to go to law school until the war started and he went to war.

But today the best college football team verses the worst NFL team the worst NFL team would crush them with their 2nd stringers.  

But would they beat the college all stars? I think not. 

On 4/15/2018 at 6:07 PM, ReMeDy said:

There's no way that RGIII is worse than Curtis Painter. No, this list needs to be a LOT worse.

Of course. Just put Tim Tebow at QB. JaMarcus Russell as backup.

Vernon Gholston at DE.

Dion Jordan and Bjoern Werner at DE too.

Tony Ugoh at OT.

Jarvis Jones at LB.

Matt Elam at S.

Manti Teo at LB.

Louis Nix at NT/DT.

Amarlo Herrera at LB.

That roster, with the rest of it being old men ages 80+ would literally beat every college team.

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

In football?  When?

From 1934 till 1976 the NFL teams did play a team of college all stars. In those years the college all stars won 9 times and tied 2 times. The only time that game wasn't played was in 1974 due to the NFL strike.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

From 1934 till 1976 the NFL teams did play a team of college all stars. In those years the college all stars won 9 times and tied 2 times. The only time that game wasn't played was in 1974 due to the NFL strike.

Before my time.   Lol

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yep, and that was what we now know as the Hall of Fame Game, wasn't it?

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Before my time.   Lol

me too

i think they could have fielded a pretty good college all star team last year.  they would have had a shot against several nfl teams before watson got hurt.  maybe even after that, the defense and running game could have been strong too