Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What do you think the odds are the Colts get Barkley?

I know the mock drafts are just a guess, but I am seeing more and more of them showing Barkley still being available at #6.  I am just a run of the mill Colts fan and don't know the ins and outs of the other NFL teams.  I thought there was no chance that SB would make it to #6 but a lot of people (who I assume know more about the NFL then I do) seem to think he will.

In my mind there is a 1% chance he gets drafted by the Colts, what do all you  guys think the odds are?

• Like 2

I will say this, I think the chances are a lot better than we thought several weeks ago. If the buzz around Cleveland liking Josh Allen #1 overall are true the I believe QB's go 1-2-3 and possibly 5 to Denver. Then it all comes down to Cleveland at 4, who will pick either Barkley or Chubb. For the record, I think Cleveland takes Chubb. 

6 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I will say this, I think the chances are a lot better than we thought several weeks ago. If the buzz around Cleveland liking Josh Allen #1 overall are true the I believe QB's go 1-2-3 and possibly 5 to Denver. Then it all comes down to Cleveland at 4, who will pick either Barkley or Chubb. For the record, I think Cleveland takes Chubb. 

I LOVE the idea of getting one or the other so it is a no lose situation in my view if 4 qb's go.  But it is more likely that we trade down again than get either of them, but that may be better anyway in the long run assuming Ballard makes good picks. I think the jury is still out on his track record so far.. let's hope he nails it this year. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, midwest said:

I know the mock drafts are just a guess, but I am seeing more and more of them showing Barkley still being available at #6.  I am just a run of the mill Colts fan and don't know the ins and outs of the other NFL teams.  I thought there was no chance that SB would make it to #6 but a lot of people (who I assume know more about the NFL then I do) seem to think he will.

In my mind there is a 1% chance he gets drafted by the Colts, what do all you  guys think the odds are?

When we held #3 I didn't think our chances were ver good. Because I felt the browns would get him @#1 'caus fearing we would get him @#3.

Now that were @#6 the browns have 2 picks before we pick. They will probably get their qb then Barkley @#4. AAnd then the Giants could pick him. Even krapway might get him.

Long story short, I think he will be the first non qb player picked. 

I seriously doubt he makes it to #6.

And then even if he is there at #6, that will probably mean a Rosen or Mayfield will also be there. So then other teams will be offering a kings ransom for #6.

They way Ballard has been handling things he would probably choose a kings ransom over Barkley.

Bottom line, he won't be a colt.

• Like 1

Probably about a 5% chance. 

The Giants, Browns, and Broncos would have to pass.  

It could happen if the Giants and Broncos take a quarterback, and the Browns take Chubb. 

If the top 3 picks are quarterbacks and the Browns take Chubb, then I am going to really start liking our chances. 

• Like 1

I'm not on board with picking Barkley, myself, but I would put the odds at 4/1...

25%.... which seems pretty high, but I figure Indy only has 5 options: Chubb, Nelson, Barkely, trade-down...

The reason why it isn't 20%, in my mind, is because I feel Barkely is slightly less likely to be picked, by any of the teams in front of us, than either Chubb or Nelson... He is just slightly more likely to be available, imo. 

I will say that I love the idea of trading down to the Bears if they want Barkely, like Aluckiswolverine said. That would be perfect in a scenario where Barkley was the only of the big 3 available at #6.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I think Ballard really wants to trade back and I think he will.  Therefore no Barkley. 

CB never said he really wanted to trade back. In fact he said he has a player in mind he would take at 6. But he did also say if the situation were right he'd trade back but tbh i don't think either the Bears or dolphins have anything we would want anyway.

3 hours ago, midwest said:

Slim and none.

38 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

CB never said he really wanted to trade back. In fact he said he has a player in mind he would take at 6. But he did also say if the situation were right he'd trade back but tbh i don't think either the Bears or dolphins have anything we would want anyway.

I said "I think" Ballard really wants to trade back.  I never said "he said" he wanted to trade back.  There is a difference between I think and he said just to let you know.  I know he has a player in mind for pick 6.  It's BPA.  He has said that.  And you "don't think" either the Bears or Dolphins have anything we would want.   Your opinion.  But they do have picks and players.  And "I think" he would listen to offers.  He already is according to reports. 

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Some talking heads are saying the Browns could go QB at 1 and 4.  When you think about the number of QB busts, it’s not a totally bad strategy.  

I think thats the only chance we have at Barkley.  

I doubt the brownies do that BUT if they did they could like flip one of the qb's for like a couple first & seconds and make a good profit. They can be wheeler dealers lol.

The real question is, will Ballard draft him if he is there at 6. There is a possibility Quenton Nelson and Saquon Barkley are both there at 6. Let’s say we get a draft like this. 

PK1 Browns - Sam Darnold  

PK 2 Giants - Bradley Chubb

PK 3 Jets - Josh Rosen 

PK 4 surprise the Bills jump up and trade their 1st round picks 12 and 22 to the Browns and select Josh Allen 

PK 5 Broncos - Denzel Ward 

PK 6 COLTS - Barkley or Nelson both sitting there. 

4 hours ago, midwest said:

There’s no chance barkley falls past 5

0% chance ....

If giants don’t take him at 2 and take darnold and if browns dont take him at 4 and they take Fitzpatrick .... broncos take him at 5. 

10 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

The real question is, will Ballard draft him if he is there at 6. There is a possibility Quenton Nelson and Saquon Barkley are both there at 6. Let’s say we get a draft like this. 

PK1 Browns - Sam Darnold  

PK 2 Giants - Bradley Chubb

PK 3 Jets - Josh Rosen 

PK 4 surprise the Bills jump up and trade their 1st round picks 12 and 22 to the Browns and select Josh Allen 

PK 5 Broncos - Denzel Ward 

PK 6 COLTS - Barkley or Nelson both sitting there. 

Disagree 

1. Allen

2. Darnold

3. Rosen

4. Fitz/barkley

5. Nelson/mayfield

6. Chubb

2 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

A team needing a QB may well look at moving up and getting their guy this year. Looking at the 2019 QB prospects, it doesn't look like it's loaded with many good options unless there are some surprise "breakout" seasons. Lock and Thorson look like the best of the bunch right now, but neither one of them is another Darnold, Rosen, or Allen. 

17 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

We won’t take him anyway. 

Shure Irsay  would if he's there . i would bet the house he would if 
Barkley is there at #6  Too much history that says otherwise

look at the past Irsay loves productive back if worthy earley

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I doubt the brownies do that BUT if they did they could like flip one of the qb's for like a couple first & seconds and make a good profit. They can be wheeler dealers lol.

Yeah, it won’t happen.  But history shows that of all of the QBs drafted in the first round, at least 50% are busts.  They already have RBs, so it’s not a dire need.  They’re set just about everywhere except LT.  

So, if they did take 2 QBs they have a 75% chance that one will be good.

Then again...they are the Browns...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Shure Irsay  would if he's there . i would bet the house he would if 
Barkley is there at #6  Too much history that says otherwise

look at the past Irsay loves productive back if worthy earley

4 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Have you saw Irsay's history? i beg to difer.

Irsay isn’t the GM...