Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns and Jarvis Landry about to reach new deal

Mel Kiper's Hair

I love to hear some of the casual fans praise all of the "talent" the Browns are acquiring ..and then they proceed to say something like "Browns are gonna be good this year"...LOL!

Seems that most of these people do not understand the business side nor do they look at the coaching staff involved.

Welcome to the "Fantasy Football" era of the NFL.

2 hours ago, Reality Check said:

I love to hear some of the casual fans praise all of the "talent" the Browns are acquiring ..and then they proceed to say something like "Browns are gonna be good this year"...LOL!

Seems that most of these people do not understand the business side nor do they look at the coaching staff involved.

Welcome to the "Fantasy Football" era of the NFL.

im not going to say they will be good, but they did acquire more talent this year.  they dont have to be terrible if they have a good draft for once 

22 hours ago, aaron11 said:

im not going to say they will be good, but they did acquire more talent this year.  they dont have to be terrible if they have a good draft for once 

I agree, it seems they could go 4-12 or 6-10 if Dorsey has a good draft, and they get better from there (develop a better culture).

15 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I agree, it seems they could go 4-12 or 6-10 if Dorsey has a good draft, and they get better from there (develop a better culture).

they could be interesting if they get barkley and some oline to help him.  defenses would have to stop taylor and barkley from running and still cover landry.  

they could take barkley and a QB in the first, then use three second round picks on oline and the secondary.  if that all pans out they should move up in the division 

At some point it is going to turn around for Cleveland. As a lifelong Chicago Cubs fan, I know the pain of following a franchise that toiled for years in mediocrity. Is Dorsey the Browns version of Theo Epstein? Perhaps. I think there is a good chance that the Browns finish second in the AFC North. I think they could very well pass the Bengals and Ravens this year. I will give the Browns this they keep trying. I would rather have an owner that tries and fails than to be like the Bengals who just seem to be satisfied with the same ol' same ol'.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:48 PM, aaron11 said:

they could be interesting if they get barkley and some oline to help him.  defenses would have to stop taylor and barkley from running and still cover landry.  

they could take barkley and a QB in the first, then use three second round picks on oline and the secondary.  if that all pans out they should move up in the division 

Based on "where guys were taken in the draft" as well as the salaries/contracts that heir players are paid, the Browns have acquired & paid WAY more talent than the Patriots over the past 15yrs...and it's not really that close...

One only needs to look at the annual draft picks of both teams and their annual free agency pickups to realize my point.

With this being said, why do the Browns suck so bad yet the Patriots are highly successful year in & year out?...

Answer(s): Coaching & management

Conclusion:  Until the Browns can establish GOOD coaching & GOOD management, all the talent in the world won't make them a "winning organization".  Of course, they could catch lightning in a bottle and win 6 or 7 games in a given season, but they'll never sustain it....

6 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

At some point it is going to turn around for Cleveland. As a lifelong Chicago Cubs fan, I know the pain of following a franchise that toiled for years in mediocrity. Is Dorsey the Browns version of Theo Epstein? Perhaps. I think there is a good chance that the Browns finish second in the AFC North. I think they could very well pass the Bengals and Ravens this year. I will give the Browns this they keep trying. I would rather have an owner that tries and fails than to be like the Bengals who just seem to be satisfied with the same ol' same ol'.

Try being a Preston fan.. 

• Like 1