Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sharrif Floyd

36 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

Anyone heard anything on this guy?

He was a beast before he got injured and if he can come back from his injury might be a good pick up 

9 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

He has nerve damage in his knee from a botched surgery. Not sure if he will every play again.

I wouldn't say it was 'botched' unless/until you have some proof.  We don't know the cause of nerve damage is at this time. In any event, Floyd has taken his NFI case to the NFL arbitration process to get paid his 5th year option money.  If it is found the error was on the doctor, then Vikings may well win the grievance having placed Floyd on NFI status, not IR, and don't have to pay him and can release him. Until then, I think his contract is tolled until a decision is made, but his NFL career is very likely over in any event. He may also have a case in progress vs. doc/insurance, not sure.

10 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I wouldn't say it was 'botched' unless/until you have some proof.  We don't know the cause of nerve damage is at this time. In any event, Floyd has taken his NFI case to the NFL arbitration process to get paid his 5th year option money.  If it is found the error was on the doctor, then Vikings may well win the grievance having placed Floyd on NFI status, not IR, and don't have to pay him and can release him. Until then, I think his contract is tolled until a decision is made, but his NFL career is very likely over in any event. He may also have a case in progress vs. doc/insurance, not sure.

I should have said "possibly botched." I was just going off what I had heard on Vikings boards after they signed Richardson. It sounds like a crappy situation all around.

4 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

That's a shame. 

I thought it got infected after the surgery and then there was nerve damage. 

Anyway if he gets back to full health we should kick the tires