Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 1st Rd Pick narrowed down to three players

22 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

It’s not going to be James. We already have Geathers and Farley Back there at SS, so we don’t need a 4th safety when we have huge holes at other positions and the players on the board to fill those positions

True...however Geathers' neck makes him questionable...and Farley is just a guy. James would be a huge upgrade anyways. That's sort of like saying the Colts have Sheard/Basham at DE, so they wouldn't take Chubb. 

I don't know how high James is on Ballard's list, but I don't think he would hesitate to take James (or Fitzpatrick) if they were at the top of his draft board and he believed they could be gamechangers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Jim Irsay literally said the options with the first round pick are pass rusher, running back, or offensive line.

To me that means they expect Chubb, Nelson, or Barkley to fall to them and they are fine taking the chance to get one of those three while also collecting picks.

I think that was just posturing. There is no way the Colts would be that transparent about who they are looking at.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Match the 6th pick?  If Nelson is who Ballard want's it make no difference what pick it is. This assumption that players should be taken at certain spots in the order of the draft is horse dung.

Nelson could very well be the BPA and it makes no difference where that falls in the draft order.

The NFL draft never goes like the fans think they should nor should they. The fans don't have the information that the GMs and their scouting staff has. Fans see the highlights of a player and think they know everything. Even after watching a player without seeing the total work of all the players they are not as knowledgeable as the scouting staffs.

Scouting staffs make mistakes too...lots of them.

• Thanks 1

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah, when hindsight is used.

I will stand by my comment about GMs and their scouting crews.

thing is the draft is a crap shot

GMs can be wrong and fans can be right about guys before the draft

GMs disagree with each other too

gms do the scouting and interviews, then take a guy in the first round and lots of them are still busts

a fan can just read a scouting report, then make a lucky guess and end up being right over the professionals 

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

thing is the draft is a crap shot

GMs can be wrong and fans can be right about guys before the draft

GMs disagree with each other too

That don't change the fact that GMs and their scouting crew are more knowledgeable that the fans.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Just from some of the looking around at the different teams and doing some reading I feel confident the board is going to fall like this.

1.Josh Allen
2.Sam Darnold
3.Josh Rosen/Baker Mayfield
4.Saquon Barkley
5.Quenton Nelson/Baker Mayfield/Josh Rosen

So at 6 I am now starting to believe Chubb will actually be there.  I believe the information about the Giants wanting Darnold is true.  Chubb and Barkley are just backup options for them just in case Darnold is not available.  I believe they probably have good enough intel to where they feel pretty solid they'll be able to get Darnold though.    I also believe Allen is more of the type of quarterback Hugh Jackson likes and I think Dorsey has the same tastes after dealing with Mahomes.  They've got two solid options in Tyrod and Drew Stanton because they don't mind the rookie QB sitting for an entire year to learn the game just like Goff.  Only way I see the board falling differently is if the Browns draft Darnold.  In that case I'm assuming the Giants will trade out of the pick with somebody like Buffalo.  In either case I almost certainly see 3 quarterbacks being taken with the 1st 3 picks.

I think I believe it too, regarding the Darnold and the NYG.

I said this a while ago...that the NYG will get to choose their QB...just like they did with Eli. And if the NYG want Darnold, they are getting him (provided he wants to be a NYG). There was a report last fall that Darnold wouldn't reportedly stay another year if CLE has the top pick. Obviously, that didn't happen...and Darnold has said all the right things. But since then he has also had Matt Leinart (and I am sure others) telling him to not go to CLE. I am sure this type of stuff happens more often than we know. And if CLE doesn't take Darnold, I think it could have been because he told him he didn't want to play in CLE.

CLE isn't going to let people know that Darnold has told them this. It makes them look bad and makes their QB look like a second choice (when he was in fact the #1 pick).

The only move they have is to trade out (and miss out on three of the QBs)...but that's not really an option because of their dubious history with picking and passing on QBs. They have to get "their guy" and create a new direction.  

The other move would be to swap with the NYJ. But the NYJ already moved up and seem perfectly fine with taking a non-Darnold QB. So that's probably not going to happen.

So I think your mock could be spot on now. I had thought that Darnold was ticketed to CLE, but this recent information about the NYG seems to have a purpose. It could be misdirection from the NYG, but that would be unnecessary...they can control their destiny.

8 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I think I believe it too, regarding the Darnold and the NYG.

I said this a while ago...that the NYG will get to choose their QB...just like they did with Eli. And if the NYG want Darnold, they are getting him (provided he wants to be a NYG). There was a report last fall that Darnold wouldn't reportedly stay another year if CLE has the top pick. Obviously, that didn't happen...and Darnold has said all the right things. But since then he has also had Matt Leinart (and I am sure others) telling him to not go to CLE. I am sure this type of stuff happens more often than we know. And if CLE doesn't take Darnold, I think it could have been because he told him he didn't want to play in CLE.

CLE isn't going to let people know that Darnold has told them this. It makes them look bad and makes their QB look like a second choice (when he was in fact the #1 pick).

The only move they have is to trade out (and miss out on three of the QBs)...but that's not really an option because of their dubious history with picking and passing on QBs. They have to get "their guy" and create a new direction.  

The other move would be to swap with the NYJ. But the NYJ already moved up and seem perfectly fine with taking a non-Darnold QB. So that's probably not going to happen.

So I think your mock could be spot on now. I had thought that Darnold was ticketed to CLE, but this recent information about the NYG seems to have a purpose. It could be misdirection from the NYG, but that would be unnecessary...they can control their destiny.

I think Cleveland and New York already discussed the issue and they know who each is taking.   Remember a couple weeks ago Dorsey and Gettleman had a sit down over lunch.  Supposedly they didn't discuss the draft but I ain't buying that nonsense.  That's why there are so many blatant reports of NY saying the only way they go QB with #2 is if Darnold is there.   I think they already know he's going to be there.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I truly want to get behind Nelson

He is clearly the best Guard in the draft.... by a mile

My problem is what fills the rest of the bucket in round 2

If we go Guard in round 1

In round 2, the elite LBs (WL, MLB, ) are all gone, the elite pass rushers are all gone, the elite

safeties are all gone,  these 4 spots are KEY to make a Cover 2 work.

At some point, (if not this year) we need an elite player from one of these 4 areas to help our defense.

There PROBABLY would be a solid CB there, as well as a WR and one of the top RBs .... should be there

Tough call........  

The draft hauls are just not as good when Nelson is the first pick. There is not getting around it. Ballard has to play to the draft's strengths...and drafting Nelson with the first pick doesn't do that.

It would take a very fortunate set of circumstances (like LVE slipping to the 2nd round) to make it work. But even then, if you are Ballard, and you have (at least) three 2nd round picks, are you passing on a top interior OL player in the 2nd round after you drafted Nelson? Probably not...so now you have drafted two top Gs, who are good players, but you didn't really need to do that and you still need playmakers.

23 hours ago, Shive said:

One of Smith's biggest strengths is his tackling. His tackling technique is fantastic and he only missed 6 tackles last season, which is insane considering he had 137 tackles. He won't typically drive a RB backwards, but hes going to stop him. They may get a yard or 2 more after contact, but you can be pretty sure that one-on-one, nobody is getting past Smith.

I think James will be a really good SS, but I agree. Geathers is a beast when healthy and Farley surprised a lot of us with being very good filling in for Geathers.

Team speed.  Smith doesn't have to drive him back, slow the guy up and the rest of the team (speed) swarms in to help finish the play if he didn't get him down already.

13 hours ago, Shive said:

He's not a MIKE that would have to regularly shed blocks, so there wouldn't be a concern of him being Bracket 2.0. He would be a WILL, so more like a Cato June that is able to flow around and make plays. He doesn't shed blocks well, but his tackling is superb. His arms aren't that short either. They're longer than Cato June's or Lavonte David's (two really good WILL LB's), and the same length as Derrick Brooks, who he is almost the exact same size as at this point in time (just a tad taller and faster than Brooks). I think some work with NFL coaches could help him improve his shedding technique.

A great WILL, on 1st down and run situations.  If an offense goes 11, or 10 personnel, I can also see where he becomes the MIKE (in Nickel and Dime sub packages), where a lineman downfield is a penalty on a pass play.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

True...however Geathers' neck makes him questionable...and Farley is just a guy. James would be a huge upgrade anyways. That's sort of like saying the Colts have Sheard/Basham at DE, so they wouldn't take Chubb. 

I don't know how high James is on Ballard's list, but I don't think he would hesitate to take James (or Fitzpatrick) if they were at the top of his draft board and he believed they could be gamechangers.

I would be * if we use a pick for a safety, we have a lot of holes and drafting a S like James or Minkah, would not help us if the goal is to put the most talented 11 guys on the field. Drafting a G like Nelson would have more impact or Smith/Edmunds. 

I'm really starting to believe that if Chubb is gone, the Colts will go for either Edmunds or Smith. The need for LBs is too big and their talent can't be passed up.

As much as I would love to have Nelson (he'd make the left side of the line one of the better in the league overall). The talent at Guard in the later rounds is far better than the talent linebacker in the later rounds.

So from an overall team perspective, it would be better to take either Chubb, Edmunds, or Smith then target one of the guards with possibly one of the 3 2nd round picks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, krunk said:

Just from some of the looking around at the different teams and doing some reading I feel confident the board is going to fall like this.

1.Josh Allen
2.Sam Darnold
3.Josh Rosen/Baker Mayfield
4.Saquon Barkley
5.Quenton Nelson/Baker Mayfield/Josh Rosen

So at 6 I am now starting to believe Chubb will actually be there.  I believe the information about the Giants wanting Darnold is true.  Chubb and Barkley are just backup options for them just in case Darnold is not available.  I believe they probably have good enough intel to where they feel pretty solid they'll be able to get Darnold though.    I also believe Allen is more of the type of quarterback Hugh Jackson likes and I think Dorsey has the same tastes after dealing with Mahomes.  They've got two solid options in Tyrod and Drew Stanton because they don't mind the rookie QB sitting for an entire year to learn the game just like Goff.  Only way I see the board falling differently is if the Browns draft Darnold.  In that case I'm assuming the Giants will trade out of the pick with somebody like Buffalo.  In either case I almost certainly see 3 quarterbacks being taken with the 1st 3 picks.

I am now of those that feel Darnold is not the best QB in this draft.  I feel Rosen is at the top, and Mayfield is a close 3rd to a #2 Darnold.  Then a dropoff to #4 Allen, followed by #5 Jackson.

History shows not all of these guys will make it.  Even the esteemed '83 draft had HOF'ers and disappointments. I heard Bruce Murray rate that 1983 group like an at bat in baseball-

1.  John Elway (Homerun)
7.  Todd Blackledge (Strikeout)
14. Jim Kelly (Homerun)
15. Tony Eason (Foul Tip)
24. Ken O'Brien (Double)
27. Dan Marino (Homerun)

So I'm fairly certain this 2018 draft might have a Blackledge in it, and likely an Eason.  5 QB's might go in round 1. The question is, will the others (or most of them) be more like Ken O'Brien? Or Jim Kelly?

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I am now of those that feel Darnold is not the best QB in this draft.  I feel Rosen is at the top, and Mayfield is a close 3rd to a #2 Darnold.  Then a dropoff to #4 Allen, followed by #5 Jackson.

History shows not all of these guys will make it.  Even the esteemed '83 draft had HOF'ers and disappointments. I heard Bruce Murray rate that 1983 group like an at bat in baseball-

1.  John Elway (Homerun)
7.  Todd Blackledge (Strikeout)
14. Jim Kelly (Homerun)
15. Tony Eason (Foul Tip)
24. Ken O'Brien (Double)
27. Dan Marino (Homerun)

So I'm fairly certain this 2018 draft might have a Blackledge in it, and likely an Eason.  5 QB's might go in round 1. The question is, will the others (or most of them) be more like Ken O'Brien? Or Jim Kelly?

I think Rosen is the real deal.  He just keeps getting dinged for the personality and leadership stuff and I saw where he might be an atheist.

Just now, krunk said:

I think Rosen is the real deal.  He just keeps getting dinged for the personality and leadership stuff and I saw where he might be an atheist.

Yes, we agree Rosen might be the real deal here.  To me, at least best of the bunch. Maybe one other, but not sure if Mayfield is the guy (one I tend to favor as checking off all the boxes except height, which I pay less attention to these days), or Darnold becomes that other very good QB.  I do not feel all that good about Allen, and concerned about Jackson not developing into a good pocket QB and relying on his running too much, which we know in the NFL is a matter of time before catastrophe strikes there.

If Dorsey takes Allen #1, then I know Cleveland Culture contaminates good football minds and athletes!  LOL

I don't see how anyone takes a QB that completes well under 60%  {56.2 % } in college.  That doesn't translate well for NFL QB's.

20 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yes, we agree Rosen might be the real deal here.  To me, at least best of the bunch. Maybe one other, but not sure if Mayfield is the guy (one I tend to favor as checking off all the boxes except height, which I pay less attention to these days), or Darnold becomes that other very good QB.  I do not feel all that good about Allen, and concerned about Jackson not developing into a good pocket QB and relying on his running too much, which we know in the NFL is a matter of time before catastrophe strikes there.

If Dorsey takes Allen #1, then I know Cleveland Culture contaminates good football minds and athletes!  LOL

I don't see how anyone takes a QB that completes well under 60%  {56.2 % } in college.  That doesn't translate well for NFL QB's.

I don't think Allen is ready right now, but I don't think they are looking for somebody that is ready immediately.   I think they are looking for somebody they can mold for a year.   Allen has a lot of stuff to like about him as far as Arm Strenth, Size, Athleticism etc, but he needs to get his footwork down and some other things.  Attempt to keep him off the field for a year and I think you have Jared Goff.  I think they are following the Rams model.  Goff has Gurley behind him and I'm sure the Browns are going to add Barkley behind whoever their pick is. 

2 hours ago, shastamasta said:

I think that was just posturing. There is no way the Colts would be that transparent about who they are looking at.

I don't think Chris Ballard would ever do it, but I will not give Irsay that credit. He literally said exactly what I wrote and I don't know how that was any kind of smokescreen or hypothetical answer.

18 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't think Allen is ready right now, but I don't think they are looking for somebody that is ready immediately.   I think they are looking for somebody they can mold for a year.   Allen has a lot of stuff to like about him as far as Arm Strenth, Size, Athleticism etc, but he needs to get his footwork down and some other things.  Attempt to keep him off the field for a year and I think you have Jared Goff.  I think they are following the Rams model.  Goff has Gurley behind him and I'm sure the Browns are going to add Barkley behind whoever their pick is. 

But it may not work out like that!  Cleveland has lost out on so many QB's they can't chance a prospect becomes the Next Big arm or talented guy that doesn't make it big (Ryan Leaf, Jeff George...  Jamarcus Russell ...)

Besides, since the Browns traded HOF'er Paul Warfield for 3rd overall pick Mike Phipps, the QB situation has been awful for them (though Sipe and Kosar was decent enough though) especially last couple of decades.

It also reminds me of the folks here in this forum in the Smith / Edmunds debate, taking me back to the Manning / Leaf conundrum. Manning was the 'safer' choice, Leaf the higher ceiling guy.  Things don't always pan out the way some envision.

14 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

But it may not work out like that!  Cleveland has lost out on so many QB's they can't chance a prospect becomes the Next Big arm or talented guy that doesn't make it big (Ryan Leaf, Jeff George...  Jamarcus Russell ...)

Besides, since the Browns traded HOF'er Paul Warfield for 3rd overall pick Mike Phipps, the QB situation has been awful for them (though Sipe and Kosar was decent enough though) especially last couple of decades.

It also reminds me of the folks here in this forum in the Smith / Edmunds debate, taking me back to the Manning / Leaf conundrum. Manning was the 'safer' choice, Leaf the higher ceiling guy.  Things don't always pan out the way some envision.

I get you but most of the guys they had that failed got thrown into the fire before they were ready.  Guys like Manzel, Tim Couch, Deshone Kizer.  It depends on how far they think he has to go and how certain they are that he's a player. If they like him best for their system and their okay with sitting him for a year then that's their guy.  I really don't care either way because whoever the 3 QBs are I just hope it goes like I'm thinking it will.  QB 123, Barkley, Nelson/QB,  Chubb.

Back on topic: if either Nelson or Chubb are there at 6, the Colts will grab them. BPA and also a position of need. But if both are gone, I can see them grabbing Smith or Edmunds. Also great players at positions of need. The trade back opportunity may not be there if Denver trades or takes a QB for themselves. The big question then becomes: what if both Nelson and Chubb are there. I think you take Chubb. 

If we pass over Nelson in the first, I really believe Ballard might wait until round three to adress the position. I think Wynn will be gone. Price coming off the injury might slide a bit. But is there really that much difference from the second to the fifth option on the interior since it's a deep class? Nelson and Chubb are head and shoulders better than the guys ranked behind them. I feel the same way if colts can't select Chubb. Why waste a pick just because you have a position of need. I'm not high on laundry or Davenport. Would rather have someone like josh sweat later. Someone said that if we draft Nelson in the first our drafts, won't look as good. Who knows what players will be there with our three picks in the second round.

I think we will wind up with Chubb which is what I've wanted the whole time.  Now that I'm getting more clear on the situation with the QBs it's made me more confident those first 3 picks will be Quarterbacks and the 4 pick is most likely to be Barkley.  Denver may also go with a QB at #5 or Nelson I think.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I think we will wind up with Chubb which is what I've wanted the whole time.  Now that I'm getting more clear on the situation with the QBs it's made me more confident those first 3 picks will be Quarterbacks and the 4 pick is most likely to be Barkley.  Denver may also go with a QB at #5 or Nelson I think.

I heard this morning if Darnold is not chosen #1, the Giants will take him. If the Browns do take Darnold, Giants won't take a QB at #2 and will likely take Barkley or Chubb then.  No QB is listed as plan B. So I researched it and found it was credible report, if not necessarily truly how the G men feel.  It is in this article-

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-giants-would-reportedly-draft-sam-darnold-at-no-2-overall-dont-like-josh-rosen/

and in a different article-

"If [Sam] Darnold is available, they're taking Darnold," an NFL talent evaluator told NJ Advance Media. "They don't like [Josh] Rosen."

"Their top three choices are Darnold, Saquon Barkley, and Bradley Chubb," the executive said. "They are debating Barkley vs. Chubb, because they need an edge rusher but the scouts love Barkley." 

But this time of the year, speculation is wild and rampant.  But this NFL evaluator reported this with promise of anonymity for future reporting sake.

This time of the year though... full of information... and misinformation.  ;-)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I heard this morning if Darnold is not chosen #1, the Giants will take him. If the Browns do take Darnold, Giants won't take a QB at #2 and will likely take Barkley or Chubb then.  No QB is listed as plan B. So i researche dit and found it was credible report, if not truly how the G men feel.  It is in this article-

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-giants-would-reportedly-draft-sam-darnold-at-no-2-overall-dont-like-josh-rosen/

"If [Sam] Darnold is available, they're taking Darnold," an NFL talent evaluator told NJ Advance Media. "They don't like [Josh] Rosen."

"Their top three choices are Darnold, Saquon Barkley, and Bradley Chubb," the executive said. "They are debating Barkley vs. Chubb, because they need an edge rusher but the scouts love Barkley." 

But this time of the year, speculation is wild and rampant.  But this NFL evaluator reported this with promise of anonymity for future reporting sake.

I feel that they already have decent intel on the issue.  What I mean is(and I could be wrong) I think they sort of know they'll get Darnold at #2.  I just don't think that lunch meeting Gettleman and Dorsey had wasn't about the draft.  I'm sure Dorsey didn't just come out and say "Hey were not picking Darnold", but there probably was enough there to make Gettleman feel comfortable.  

I did mention yesterday that Barkley and Chubb are back up options for them or probably trading out of the pick with the Bills or somebody else.  I just can't see the Giants taking anything but a QB with that pick unless they trade out of the pick a couple spots to pick up one of the other QBs at a lower position. And of course I could be wrong!

G men do not like Rosen.  Mayfield is a Jets type QB (think Namath bravado etc...), not a fit in the Giants organization.  Allen is too inaccurate (i think he falls like Quinn did, for different reasons).  I believe it, it's Darnold, or Chubb / Barkley.  Gettleman is quoted as saying when you have a chance, you draft Gold Jacket guys.  They have that chance.  They likely wont trade out of it, I'm fairly sure.  We'll see...

43 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

G men do not like Rosen.  Mayfield is a Jets type QB (think Namath bravado etc...), not a fit in the Giants organization.  Allen is too inaccurate (i think he falls like Quinn did, for different reasons).  I believe it, it's Darnold, or Chubb / Barkley.  Gettleman is quoted as saying when you have a chance, you draft Gold Jacket guys.  They have that chance.  They likely wont trade out of it, I'm fairly sure.  We'll see...

I'm mainly going off the reports I've seen when it comes to the Browns and Allen. I will say I wasn't all that high on Trubisky last year and he went #2 overall. 

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:36 AM, Gigc said:

They're are a number of worthy players, but when you watch highlights you see the potential warts for each. I don't think Roquan could play anything but WILL linebacker. He just gets blown out by blockers. 

I think people are sleeping on Ward, who has incredible cover skills, at CB and Davenport, who could end up being the best pass rusher. 

With Nelson, I felt like he ended up doing a lot of double-team pass blocking; didn't see enough man on man.

Out of all them, Edmonds looks to have the highest boom/bust factor. You worry about his instincts, but wow, physically he's all you want. And I think he could play all three LB positions and even some pass-rushing DE in a 4-3. 

Still hoping for a shot at Chubb/Barkley.

Ward reminds me of Revis. Davenport reminds me of Simeon Rice. i would be happy with either of those players 

4 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I heard this morning if Darnold is not chosen #1, the Giants will take him. If the Browns do take Darnold, Giants won't take a QB at #2 and will likely take Barkley or Chubb then.  No QB is listed as plan B. So I researched it and found it was credible report, if not necessarily truly how the G men feel.  It is in this article-

and in a different article-

Good article on Rosen http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000925802/article/ucla-qb-josh-rosen-im-the-best-qb-in-the-draft

Also click the ESPN interview link in the article

• 3 weeks later...

I'm more and more thinking it's Smith.

We're going back to Tampa 2 which requires a great middle linebacker to be successful.  We've currently got diddly squat at middle linebacker.  

So I have to believe that the first order of business is to get a great middle linebacker so this thing can actually work.  

On 4/8/2018 at 9:18 AM, boo2202 said:

With us being less than three weeks until the draft, I've narrowed down our 1st rd candidates down to three. Rather through trade down or staying at pick 6, I see Ballard targeting one of these three.

Player 1 Roquan Smith- he's the best Lb in the draft. Ballard has mentioned that the linebacking core will get overhauled this offseason. Well it hasn't happened yet and this is basically the last chance to improve this position. Smith is a sideline to sideline tackling machine and he's also very good in coverage. Just seems like a Ballard pick. Smith's production matches his tape. He's an elite prospect.

Player 2 Derwin James- This kid can play. Last week there were reports about the colts having a surprise sleeper player their targeting. I think that player is James. First off it would be a surprise because we drafted Malik hooker last year and most don't think we'll spend another high pick on the position. Well James is completely different than hooker. You can play him in the box or close to the LOS. He's tackling ability gives him so much flexibility on where you can line him up. Most wouldn't like this pick but I would be ok with it. Having Malik and Derwin in the defensive backfield would be nice.

Player 3 Quenton Nelson- not much explaining to do here. I'm almost positive he's at the top of many teams draft board. The problem is do you really want to take a guard with such a high pick? I most definitely would giving how good Nelson is. He's a tone setter on the oline. He'll come in day 1 and make the whole oline better just by the way he competes. Its been a long time since we've brought in a talented lineman. Ballard has said that this class is deep with guards but none with nelsons talent. To me having him say that, could very well be a smoke screen. Ballard has to be interested, as he attended Norte Dames pro day.

conclusion: I know many are wanting Chubb, Barkley, etc. But when colts traded down, I got the feeling Ballard isn't as high on those players as the fans are. I mean if he thought Chubb was a stud DE does he really take the chance of missing out on him? No he would've stayed at three and then made a trade on draft day if Chubb was taken before our 3rd pick. Ballards draft board is obviously different than others. 

The first 4 are going to be QB’s with trade outs and trade ups .... so Nelson, Chubb and Barkley one of those will be gone and 2 will be available to us and I believe CB takes chubb if he’s available.