Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Giants are focused on Darnold

TdungyW/12

Rumor has it .... ( I know anything can happen until draft day ) the Giants are focused on a QB with their #2 pick and the focus is on Sam Darnold. It has been brought up several times that Darnold does not want to go to Cleveland and he did switch flights from going to Cleveland to come back and throw for Jones at his pro day .... does he pull an Eli and get himself on the giants and do the browns know this and are focusing more on Allen now at #1? 

If if this is the case it could go 

1. Allen 

2. Darnold

3.mayfield/Rosen

4. Barkley

5. Mayfield/rosen - also depends on QB situation

6. Chubb/Nelson.

this would be an amazing situation for the colts! 

9 minutes ago, TdungyW/12 said:

Rumor has it .... ( I know anything can happen until draft day ) the Giants are focused on a QB with their #2 pick and the focus is on Sam Darnold. It has been brought up several times that Darnold does not want to go to Cleveland and he did switch flights from going to Cleveland to come back and throw for Jones at his pro day .... does he pull an Eli and get himself on the giants and do the browns know this and are focusing more on Allen now at #1? 

1. Allen 

2. Darnold

3.mayfield/Rosen

4. Barkley

6. Chubb/Nelson.

I think you have the two quarterbacks from Los Angeles mixed up.

Rosen is the QB rumored not to want to go to Cleveland.    By the way, Rosen  denies this, but the rumor persists.    

Darnold has had gone out of his way to say he'd love to play for Cleveland or any franchise.   He's said that repeatedly.

Just wanted to clarify this before this thread goes further.

• Like 3

There is some thoughts that the Giants actions give away that they will be taking a QB.

Basically it goes like this.  The Jets gave up 3 seconds to move up to 3 with the Colts so they could get a QB.  Naturally they would give that offer to the Giants first since they pick higher.  Since no trade was made, in all likelyhood they where turned down by the Giants.  

Therefore the thinking goes that the Giants would not have turned down a trade like that unless they where looking to draft a QB.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TdungyW/12 said:

1. Allen 

2. Darnold

3.mayfield/Rosen

4. Barkley

6. Chubb/Nelson.

Rumors brownies might take chubb @4 to team up with last years #1 pick Garrett.

That would be even more amazing for Colts if we get Barkley.

29 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Rumors brownies might take chubb @4 to team up with last years #1 pick Garrett.

That would be even more amazing for Colts if we get Barkley.

Ehhhh barkley would help but I don’t think it would be a bigger help like Chubb would. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Rosen is the QB rumored not to want to go to Cleveland.    By the way, Rosen  denies this, but the rumor persists.    

Darnold has had gone out of his way to say he'd love to play for Cleveland or any franchise.   He's said that repeatedly.

Rosen has said that but, darnold in the begging stated he didn’t want to play for Cleveland .... then later changed that to what he says now. 

But regardless this isn’t a thread made about who doesn’t want to go where it’s about Chubb/Nelson being available to us because 1-5 4 will be QB’s 

This is what I have been reading recently too. The Browns really like Josh Allen and Darnold is the Giants number one guy. Also hearing that the Jets love Mayfield and may take him at 3.

This would be the best case scenario for the Colts getting one of Chubb or Barkley. I have to believe Denver would take Rosen if he were there, so if QB's go 1-2-3 Buffalo would have to try like crazy to get Cleveland's #4.

It's all hearsay at this point but if it goes this way 1-2-3, I feel good about getting either Chubb or Barkley (which ever one the Browns don't take at 4 if they don't trade)

30 minutes ago, TdungyW/12 said:

Rosen has said that but, darnold in the begging stated he didn’t want to play for Cleveland .... then later changed that to what he says now. 

But regardless this isn’t a thread made about who doesn’t want to go where it’s about Chubb/Nelson being available to us because 1-5 4 will be QB’s 

Sam Darnold has never said he didn't want to play for Cleveland. That was Josh Rosen.

• Thanks 1

Anything that allows us to get Bradley Chubb would be great to me. i think the mid-round running backs and offensive linemen are really good.

I don't see how anybody can watch Chubb's tape and then watch any other pass rusher's tape and not see that Chubb is on another level from anybody in this class. Even Davenport and Landry.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

This is what I have been reading recently too. The Browns really like Josh Allen and Darnold is the Giants number one guy. Also hearing that the Jets love Mayfield and may take him at 3.

This would be the best case scenario for the Colts getting one of Chubb or Barkley. I have to believe Denver would take Rosen if he were there, so if QB's go 1-2-3 Buffalo would have to try like crazy to get Cleveland's #4.

It's all hearsay at this point but if it goes this way 1-2-3, I feel good about getting either Chubb or Barkley (which ever one the Browns don't take at 4 if they don't trade)

I could see Denver do that.   I had not watched any film on Rosen until recently. He's a pretty good quarterback in my estimation.  Not the strongest of arms, but very smart, poised and accurate. Moves like Brady to me.

6 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Sam Darnold has never said he didn't want to play for Cleveland. That was Josh Rosen.

When he was thinking about going into the draft he was going to wait and see who was drafting the top 2 ..... it was stated that if Cleveland was picking #1 he was going to go back to college for another year. He then changed his mind and came out saying he would play for anyone .... Rosen came out saying that yes .... 

• Like 1

I can see Cleveland being more interested in Josh Allen.  He's Hugh Jacksons' type of QB.  Hugh likes to strike down field with Big Armed QBs i.e. Carson Palmer.   Josh Allen is that type of QB.  If they plan on sitting him for a while behind Taylor and Stanton and letting him learn like Jared Goff did then I think Allen would be a good pick for them.  I don't as of right now think Allen is ready to come in day one and lead that Franchise but I do think he definitely has talent.

1 hour ago, TdungyW/12 said:

When he was thinking about going into the draft he was going to wait and see who was drafting the top 2 ..... it was stated that if Cleveland was picking #1 he was going to go back to college for another year. He then changed his mind and came out saying he would play for anyone .... Rosen came out saying that yes .... 

You're right I remember hearing that about Darnold during the college football season.

I think Giants go with either Bradley Chubb or Sam Darnold, if Cleveland passes on him. I don't see the Giants taking Saquon Barkley or Quenton Nelson at 2. They could trade back but I think they won't pass up the best pass rusher or the future franchise QB.

There is talk now that Denver will trade back....

..They don't really NEED a QB..they just paid $18 mil for one....

.....and they already are paying ex-Cowboy Ron Leary $8 mil to play left guard (Nelson's position)

..they need linebacker, defensive back and receiver depth....

You can get that at '8' or '11'

I dont have to mention that would be good for the Colts because anybody trading 'up' to '5' would probably be in search of a QB......obviously we have no use for another QB

Edited by oldunclemark

On 4/6/2018 at 2:54 PM, krunk said:

I can see Cleveland being more interested in Josh Allen.  He's Hugh Jacksons' type of QB.  Hugh likes to strike down field with Big Armed QBs i.e. Carson Palmer.   Josh Allen is that type of QB.  If they plan on sitting him for a while behind Taylor and Stanton and letting him learn like Jared Goff did then I think Allen would be a good pick for them.  I don't as of right now think Allen is ready to come in day one and lead that Franchise but I do think he definitely has talent.

Carson Palmer's deep ball was a thing of beauty when he came out of college and well into the pros. The play where the Steelers' LB took his knee out in that 2005 playoff game also was preceded by a beautiful dime he threw down the sideline to Ocho Cinco. I always loved watching Carson throw deep.

Josh Allen is nowhere close to that in accuracy, but if they believe he can improve on a lot of things by sitting a year, so be it, that would be just like what Carson did in Cincy.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2018 at 12:51 PM, NewColtsFan said:

That is accurate.

• Thanks 1

On 4/6/2018 at 2:54 PM, krunk said:

I see that too, but Allen needs to sit behind Taylor and learn.  He's not ready yet. High risk, high reward guy...