Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots sign FA WR Jordan Matthews....

NewColtsFan

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Per NFL.com

A 1-year deal....    dollars not disclosed.

Our targets for another FA WR are dwindling.      There are still some....    but not as many....

I am thinking with our #6 + 3 2nd Round picks, we will probably go Defense and O.Line with our first 4 picks but may take the best WR available in Round 3? I would be ok with that instead of another RB. I like Mack so in Round 4 we could still maybe get a solid RB too. It's all a crapshoot right now but just a thought.

9 minutes ago, DarkSuperman said:

Colts will land a WR no later than round 3. I can feel it.

I think so too.  We've visited with about 15 or more WR so far.

I chose one early in my mock, but there's going to be a big pocket

of them with skill available between the 3rd round and lower.

59 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Matthews will be fighting with a couple other WR's for a single roster spot.  He may not even make the team....

Yes...I would say Dorsett would be the one that would probably be on the chopping block but he is kinda unique to your team as the only burner/deep threat really....even if he doesn't do a good job at that. If Edelman and Hogan are healthy those will be two primary targets and will get a majority of snaps. When you guys throw the ball to RBs and motion them out as much as you guys do it just means wr is not that big of a priority. If Matthews is healthy I think he makes the team. Always had good hands and ran good routes. Just not very fast.