Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts host IU WR Simmie Cobbs

Hopefully CB & staff don’t fall for the not so great 40 time.  As a livid IU FB fan I got to see Simmie light up the best competition each wk including THE Ohio State ALL American corners.  If IU had any resemblance of a QB, he may be top 15 talent so put away the 40yd dash when evaluating this kid & watch tape, he’s a beast!  Steal of the draft type hype!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NDcolt said:

Where is he projected?  I’m sure the 40 scared away some teams that didn’t bother to watch tape but I’m telling you he could give DC’s & secondaries nightmares for yrs. Just don’t go to NE please.

Projected 5th rounder here: 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/simmie-cobbs?id=32462018-0002-5601-5678-ba8cd49b28f6

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NDcolt said:

Hopefully CB & staff don’t fall for the not so great 40 time.  As a livid IU FB fan I got to see Simmie light up the best competition each wk including THE Ohio State ALL American corners.  If IU had any resemblance of a QB, he may be top 15 talent so put away the 40yd dash when evaluating this kid & watch tape, he’s a beast!  Steal of the draft type hype!

His drop rate is going to scare teams more than his speed.  He won’t be used to take the top off.  

Ideally, he’d be what we all wanted Moncrief to be.  A guy who can body bully the ball from the defender.  

• Like 2

He can catch one-handed, that's for sure.  As an IU fan, I'd love to have him, but not any sooner than the 4th round.  I think he can be had middle to late.  Big, physical presence who can win the jump ball no doubt.  I'm thinking goal-line would be the biggest help for teams at the next level.

He will be a solid possession receiver.  Not to concerned with the speed as long as he runs great routes.  This is a guy that is perfect for a third down or the red zone.  Him plus Doyle and Ebron, we will have some solid big body targets.

• Like 1