Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raiders Cut Marquette King

krunk

3 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Um why?

Is King even like a distraction? I get that he has personality which some people might not like (which btw, is stupid), but surely not enough to cut maybe the best punter in the league?

Egos collide.

King>Gruden

All I can say is I am glad the Colts didn't sign Gruden as their head coach.

It may not be a popular opinion but I just didn't think Gruden was all that great of a head coach. Once he got traded from the Raiders to the Bucs his head absolutely blew up. Plus he puts on his "Chucky mask" way too much for the cameras to my liking.

To any of those who have been around here for anytime know I have said he lights up like a Christmas tree when ever there is a camera within 50 feet of him. :D

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Cynjin said:

That's a head-scratcher, it didn't save them that much.  Maybe Gruden doesn't want a punter with personality. 

I'm just shocked at this.....47 yards a punt...

...a certain Midwest team should look into this.....he was scheduled to get $3mil...

Indoors..he could make it rain..

3 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Um why?

Is King even like a distraction? I get that he has personality which some people might not like (which btw, is stupid), but surely not enough to cut maybe the best punter in the league?

I don't know how a punter can possibly be a distraction.....

....anybody who wants to be a playoff team should consider this guy

He'd average 50 yards a punt in Denver

57 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

If the colts didn’t already have a great up and comer in Rigo Sanchez, I wouldn’t be surprised if they went after the charismatic Punter.

Certainly worked out the last time they had one of those.

Thats what i was thinking. If Sanchez wasn't look as good as he did last year I wouldve liked to look at him. And we know that we can have fun punters here

3 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

If the colts didn’t already have a great up and comer in Rigo Sanchez, I wouldn’t be surprised if they went after the charismatic Punter.

Certainly worked out the last time they had one of those.

The last couple of times........ The Colts also had "The Most Accurate Holder to Ever Play the Game".  Unfortunately I could't find a clip of that song, so here is another.

On 3/31/2018 at 2:23 PM, Colts_Fan12 said:

Sure but he's not coming here when we have Sanchez who is on the climb to being one of the best in the league himself 

You trade or release Sanchez.  Tough business because Sanchez didn't do anything wrong but if there is a FA punter out there better then him then you let him go as soon as you sign the other guy.  

14 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

You trade or release Sanchez.  Tough business because Sanchez didn't do anything wrong but if there is a FA punter out there better then him then you let him go as soon as you sign the other guy.  

They aren't gonna cut a super cheap really good punter. It's not like he is a DE or RB it's a punter teams dont cut good punters for a little improvement.

On 3/30/2018 at 7:03 PM, crazycolt1 said:

All I can say is I am glad the Colts didn't sign Gruden as their head coach.

It may not be a popular opinion but I just didn't think Gruden was all that great of a head coach. Once he got traded from the Raiders to the Bucs his head absolutely blew up. Plus he puts on his "Chucky mask" way too much for the cameras to my liking.

To any of those who have been around here for anytime know I have said he lights up like a Christmas tree when ever there is a camera within 50 feet of him. :D

It's ok to have an unpopular opinion sometimes when you are right.  This time I believe you are.  I'm not a very big fan of Gruden either.

King is a good punter but his half hearted disrespecting of Gruden by saying stuff like "who the guy from Monday night football?" when being asked about him in an interview, might have been his undoing.

He is certainly one of the better and more entertaining players at his position.  However to me his on the field antics seemed to make him little more than a Pat McAfee wanna be.  Pat simply did it better.

46 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

It's ok to have an unpopular opinion sometimes when you are right.  This time I believe you are.  I'm not a very big fan of Gruden either.

King is a good punter but his half hearted disrespecting of Gruden by saying stuff like "who the guy from Monday night football?" when being asked about him in an interview, might have been his undoing.

He is certainly one of the better and more entertaining players at his position.  However to me his on the field antics seemed to make him little more than a Pat McAfee wanna be.  Pat simply did it better.

Yeah, Pat was one of a kind. What I liked about Pat he was a punter but he was also a football player. He wasn't afraid to do what needed to be done when the time came.

As far as Gruden firing him, if it was because of what you mentioned then Gruden was letting his personal feelings hurt the team.

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:30 PM, Valpo2004 said:

I don't want the Colts to cut Sanchez.

There is still something call being part of the team in Indy.

• Like 1

broncos-35.png  Broncos | Marquette King joining Broncos    Thu Apr 5, 02:25 PM

Updating a previous report, free-agent P Marquette King (Raiders) is expected to sign a three-year contract with the Denver Broncos, according to a source. Financial terms were not disclosed. P Riley Dixon is now expected to be available for trade, according to 9news.com's Mike Klis.

Link to story

4 hours ago, krunk said:

broncos-35.png  Broncos | Marquette King joining Broncos    Thu Apr 5, 02:25 PM

Updating a previous report, free-agent P Marquette King (Raiders) is expected to sign a three-year contract with the Denver Broncos, according to a source. Financial terms were not disclosed. P Riley Dixon is now expected to be available for trade, according to 9news.com's Mike Klis.

Link to story

Good move for the Broncos...King will be even better in Denver than he was in Oakland...because of the altitude

..and there must be more to the story as to why Oakland released the league's best punter... but I cant guess what it is