Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Some love for the Colts by Cowherd

NorthernBlue

On 29.3.2018 at 7:37 AM, crazycolt1 said:

No where did I say the Jags were going to win the super bowl. I said nothing about the next step.

My point was your disrespect of Bortles thinking he wasn't good enough for the Jags. You even added a :lol:just to emphasize your thoughts.

IMO Bortles is not as bad as his reputation. Evidently neither does Coughlin. But we will see.

Imo, Bortles is as bad as advertised. His only positive is that he OK at executing scripted drives, and thus, the Jags can score in the beginning of games / halfs. From that point the Jaguars offense is merely "run the ball, punt it, then let the defense take it back and give us short fields". That's fine for one year, one playoff run. But not in long term. They will be probably OK in 2018, if their defense will be able to keep up with their 2017 own. Which is not a given.

Btw the Jags offseason moves are clear indication that they are all in for 2018, and don't look further. Coughlin is either planning his retirement and want one final run, or he is just simply as bad in cap-managing rosters as he was. He did lead the Jags into cap hell once before, and he is doing it again. In 2 years time, the Jags will be in the biggest cap hell we have seen in long time. Even next year. Watch them, they will start the next season by releasing Dareus and Malik Jackson and that will be only the start. And 2020 will be much worse.

And the most weird thing is, that they went all in for 2018 .... and didn't get better. Yeah, they have Norwell, but that's it. They got worse at WR, they didn't get better at TE, they got worse at CB, they got thinner at LB. Outside of loosing Robinson, they were a quite healthy team last year. That won't happen again.

2 hours ago, Peterk2011 said:

Imo, Bortles is as bad as advertised. His only positive is that he OK at executing scripted drives, and thus, the Jags can score in the beginning of games / halfs. From that point the Jaguars offense is merely "run the ball, punt it, then let the defense take it back and give us short fields". That's fine for one year, one playoff run. But not in long term. They will be probably OK in 2018, if their defense will be able to keep up with their 2017 own. Which is not a given.

Btw the Jags offseason moves are clear indication that they are all in for 2018, and don't look further. Coughlin is either planning his retirement and want one final run, or he is just simply as bad in cap-managing rosters as he was. He did lead the Jags into cap hell once before, and he is doing it again. In 2 years time, the Jags will be in the biggest cap hell we have seen in long time. Even next year. Watch them, they will start the next season by releasing Dareus and Malik Jackson and that will be only the start. And 2020 will be much worse.

And the most weird thing is, that they went all in for 2018 .... and didn't get better. Yeah, they have Norwell, but that's it. They got worse at WR, they didn't get better at TE, they got worse at CB, they got thinner at LB. Outside of loosing Robinson, they were a quite healthy team last year. That won't happen again.

That's your opinion.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Sorry you couldn't figure out it was a response. Nothing more, nothing less.

Couldn't figure out what?  That you typed the same thing the person you replied to stated?  That isn't really a response, but more of an acknowledgment.

But gotcha, you must be one of those people that has to have the last word.

13 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

Couldn't figure out what?  That you typed the same thing the person you replied to stated?  That isn't really a response, but more of an acknowledgment.

But gotcha, you must be one of those people that has to have the last word.

Being argumentative is childish.

On 3/29/2018 at 5:43 AM, LockeDown said:

Someone find the stats on This. Has a healthy Luck, including high school, college and the pros, ever had a losing season?  I am guessing No. 

I don't trust that he's ever going to be what he was.  The front office had one job:  protect the franchise qb.  They have never done it.  Maybe Ballard changes that.

And if Luck IS never the same, it will be a doggone shame!  Such an exciting young qb.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2018 at 2:22 AM, DarkSuperman said:

Cowherd is usually pretty accurate when he's addressing the Indianapolis Colts franchise. He's a fan of Ballard (They're friends) and thinks highly of Frank Reich and he's a fan of Andrew Luck.

I've never known him to be consistently accurate about anything.  He'll hit things correct on occasion, but he is not good at knowing sports very well.   He's a shock jock is all.  

On 4/1/2018 at 5:00 AM, Peterk2011 said:

they lead the league in rushing and defense, and added norwell.  putting him on the best rushing team in the league is a big deal

they didnt need great QB play last year, and they shouldnt next year either.  they could get a QB in the draft too

5 hours ago, aaron11 said:

they lead the league in rushing and defense, and added norwell.  putting him on the best rushing team in the league is a big deal

they didnt need great QB play last year, and they shouldnt next year either.  they could get a QB in the draft too

They are going for the title, not just competing for better record. Norwell will help in the regular season, but in the playoffs? They already ran over the Steelers and the Pats and couldn't reach the SB. The Steelers defense was historically bad, and the Patriots defense was one of the worst I've seen in t he Belichick era.

Now, they go all in - and I mean totally all in, this roster will blow apart in 2 years - with the very same approach? The potential upside is less than the potential (and very possible) drop of the performance of their defense. (Almost all elite defenses drop in/from year 2.)

7 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

They are going for the title, not just competing for better record. Norwell will help in the regular season, but in the playoffs? They already ran over the Steelers and the Pats and couldn't reach the SB. The Steelers defense was historically bad, and the Patriots defense was one of the worst I've seen in t he Belichick era.

Now, they go all in - and I mean totally all in, this roster will blow apart in 2 years - with the very same approach? The potential upside is less than the potential (and very possible) drop of the performance of their defense. (Almost all elite defenses drop in/from year 2.)

Jacksonville knows the approach they are taking won’t last. They want to win the super bowl now. Otherwise all of this spending and talent acquisition will be for nothing. 

40 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Jacksonville knows the approach they are taking won’t last. They want to win the super bowl now. Otherwise all of this spending and talent acquisition will be for nothing. 

My point was, that they knew their approach, but did not improve their team compared to how much they spent. Other than Norwell, all their acquisitions are suspect. They let a number of their players go/retire, they brought in lesser ones, and still spent a lot.

I personally think they will be around 8-8 but who knows.  They could gel and win 10 games, or perhaps win the division.  I don't really see them being worse than 7-8 wins IF Luck is healthy.  They could make a trade because they have plenty of picks and pick up a quality player ala what they did with Davis.  There's just too much time left before the season to really anticipate how they will do.