Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ram's Stadium costs close in on 5 Billion.

Cynjin

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:51 AM, Reality Check said:

Just down the street from this new stadium/complex, people will be able to visit one of Southern California's notorious "tent cities".

How ironic....

Probably full of ex-football players who had two much helmet-to-helmet contact

If yoiu read the article,  it's not really the stadium that's blowig up in cost....

The rest is for the cost of the NFL network being set-up to operate there.    It's currently in Culver City,  about 5-10 miles away.     That's going to change.

And I wouldn't be surprised if some of this includes some of the surrounding facilities,  shopping and perhaps some housing units that I thought were also supposed to be built.

But Goodell talked a week or two ago about the facility in a way he hadn't before.    Like he wants it to be a dazzling show stopper.     He talked about it being a jewel in the entertainment capital of the world.     Glowing terms.

I'm reaonably confident that the majority of the cost over-run is not the stadium,  but in everything around it.....

Just thinking out loud....

• Like 1

Even if that’s not the price tag I find it crazy somewhat how cities fall over themselves to build some of these white elephants. The cynic in me would question if all the cash goes into building costs...

On a somewhat lighter note did you know the Bengals have clauses in their contract with the city that force them to upgrade the stadium in line with other teams. For example if another team builds a massive replay screen the Bengals can force the city to install one too at no cost to them. The clause specified a number of future technologies including “instant holographic replay”. Bet they’re kicking themselves for not including swimming pools...

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

If yoiu read the article,  it's not really the stadium that's blowig up in cost....

The rest is for the cost of the NFL network being set-up to operate there.    It's currently in Culver City,  about 5-10 miles away.     That's going to change.

And I wouldn't be surprised if some of this includes some of the surrounding facilities,  shopping and perhaps some housing units that I thought were also supposed to be built.

But Goodell talked a week or two ago about the facility in a way he hadn't before.    Like he wants it to be a dazzling show stopper.     He talked about it being a jewel in the entertainment capital of the world.     Glowing terms.

I'm reaonably confident that the majority of the cost over-run is not the stadium,  but in everything around it.....

Just thinking out loud....

Well there is also the new tariffs on steel that will shoot up costs for something of this magnitude. Perhaps not billions but millions for sure. I agree though Kronkie is like building a small city over there. I just think of the foolish man building his house upon the sand. All this stuff in a crumbling state for a sport that I think will soon be declining....somehow in 20-30 years I feel like it will look like those abandoned stadiums and Olympic parks in Russia or other countries.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:51 AM, Reality Check said:

Just down the street from this new stadium/complex, people will be able to visit one of Southern California's notorious "tent cities".

How ironic....

They are shipping them out and into smaller communities forcing them to deal with them....the only hold up is these communities are passing laws to prevent it. I'm not going to get into politics...because oh boy could I ever on this one...but California is a mess. That state should be split up because I feel for those counties outside the greater metro areas.

5 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

Even if that’s not the price tag I find it crazy somewhat how cities fall over themselves to build some of these white elephants. The cynic in me would question if all the cash goes into building costs...

On a somewhat lighter note did you know the Bengals have clauses in their contract with the city that force them to upgrade the stadium in line with other teams. For example if another team builds a massive replay screen the Bengals can force the city to install one too at no cost to them. The clause specified a number of future technologies including “instant holographic replay”. Bet they’re kicking themselves for not including swimming pools...

Imagine those pools in December!!! They can convert them to ice skating rinks for the fans!!

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

Imagine those pools in December!!! They can convert them to ice skating rinks for the fans!!

Keep soaking tax payers $ to subsidize billionaires bank accounts .... such a joke! They should have to pay for it themselves. everything!

• Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:16 PM, Narcosys said:

Subjective, the cost of materials and labor there are significantly higher than most other places. If the same stadium was built in Indy, it would cost significantly less.

True..I dont know if $5,000,000,000 is that much for a complex that includes the NFL Network, right?

On 4/6/2018 at 6:30 PM, TdungyW/12 said:

Keep soaking tax payers $ to subsidize billionaires bank accounts .... such a joke! They should have to pay for it themselves. everything!

I do agree. I love the fact Kraft paid for the entire stadium himself. The only thing the state was suppose to do was upgrade the infrastructure (roads,bridges etc) to help keep traffic from being so bad. But of course the state never did it lol

2 hours ago, JimJaime said:

I do agree. I love the fact Kraft paid for the entire stadium himself. The only thing the state was suppose to do was upgrade the infrastructure (roads,bridges etc) to help keep traffic from being so bad. But of course the state never did it lol

Use that Mac and cheese $ lol

but seriously that’s awesome I didn’t know that 

On 4/6/2018 at 12:39 AM, NewColtsFan said:

This underscores my feeling that the day is not far off when we will see combine prospects running on Rams logos rather than Colts ones.    I wouldn't be surprised to see the draft held there some day too

On 4/6/2018 at 9:28 AM, dgambill said:

All this stuff in a crumbling state for a sport that I think will soon be declining....somehow in 20-30 years I feel like it will look like those abandoned stadiums and Olympic parks in Russia or other countries.

Sadly, I think you might be right; I have a feeling that CTE and resultant issues (lawsuits, bad press, parents including NFL alums not allowing their sons to play youth football) will knock football far from its current pedestal for most of the country.  Bob Costas' said "Football destroys people's brains" and that is a powerful thought that will  gain traction with everyday people, even if the media tries not to focus on it because they like the revenue it brings them

On 4/6/2018 at 6:30 PM, TdungyW/12 said:

This is what makes me sick; if the sport declines, the owners assets will be devalued but the taxpayers will be paying for stadiums for a generation!

I love pro football, definitely my favorite sport, and I don't begrudge people for making money off their valuable assets, but NFL owners are so greedy it disgusts me.  $14 B a year in revenue and they wouldn't pay for  full time referees until now!  They sell communities on paying for a stadium so there can be 8 or at most 11 actual games over the course of a 365 day calendar year, that it will create jobs etc, but wait we're actually going to take one of those and play it in Mexico or England so we can increase our merchandise revenue over there.

Meanwhile people with jobs connected to games taken away have to make up for the lost income. 

<rant over>

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fat Clemenza said:

This underscores my feeling that the day is not far off when we will see combine prospects running on Rams logos rather than Colts ones.    I wouldn't be surprised to see the draft held there some day too

Sadly, I think you might be right; I have a feeling that CTE and resultant issues (lawsuits, bad press, parents including NFL alums not allowing their sons to play youth football) will knock football far from its current pedestal for most of the country.  Bob Costas' said "Football destroys people's brains" and that is a powerful thought that will  gain traction with everyday people, even if the media tries not to focus on it because they like the revenue it brings them

This is what makes me sick; if the sport declines, the owners assets will be devalued but the taxpayers will be paying for stadiums for a generation!

I love pro football, definitely my favorite sport, and I don't begrudge people for making money off their valuable assets, but NFL owners are so greedy it disgusts me.  $14 B a year in revenue and they wouldn't pay for  full time referees until now!  They sell communities on paying for a stadium so there can be 8 or at most 11 actual games over the course of a 365 day calendar year, that it will create jobs etc, but wait we're actually going to take one of those and play it in Mexico or England so we can increase our merchandise revenue over there.

Meanwhile people with jobs connected to games taken away have to make up for the lost income. 

<rant over>

It makes me so mad thinking that bilionares are asking tax payers who in their lifetime will never see 1-2 million dollars in their accounts have to pay taxes so they can have a stadium for their players. 

On 4/6/2018 at 3:30 PM, TdungyW/12 said:

I don't believe Los Angeles County Tax payers are funding this project.

I believe it's being funded by a combination of the Rams owner and the NFL.  There may be some local money (read Inglewood) money involved, but I believe that's to help fund the surrounding grounds which will reportedly hold a mix of  living space and retail space.   

I'm not 100 percent sure on this one, but I don't recall any problems or votes over the use of tax payer money.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't believe Los Angeles County Tax payers are funding this project.

I believe it's being funded by a combination of the Rams owner and the NFL.  There may be some local money (read Inglewood) money involved, but I believe that's to help fund the surrounding grounds which will reportedly hold a mix of  living space and retail space.   

I'm not 100 percent sure on this one, but I don't recall any problems or votes over the use of tax payer money.

I hope your right.