Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Giants Trade Pierre-Paul to Bucs [Merge]

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, TdungyW/12 said:

Gosh damn it ..... this is exactly what I was thinking!!!! 

If if they do this it’ll screw up the entire draft order lol! But they need a QB More! 

Later, or next year?

Chubb SEEMS fairly obvious right now.

They told everyone they were comfy with Eli, and we're famous for ignoring what we're told, and acting shocked when they do what they told us........ Just ask Mr. Ballard.

• 21isSuperman changed the title to Giants Trade Pierre-Paul to Bucs [Merge]

If Barkley goes #1 and Chubb goes #2, the Jets could look like geniuses for moving to #3 and being able to get any of the QBs they want.  Frankly, I'm not concerned.  There will still be plenty of good talent available at #6, and it could even leave the door open to another trade down.

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

If Barkley goes #1 and Chubb goes #2, the Jets could look like geniuses for moving to #3 and being able to get any of the QBs they want.  Frankly, I'm not concerned.  There will still be plenty of good talent available at #6, and it could even leave the door open to another trade down.

It also bodes well for the Browns at 4, unless their heart is set on Darnold.

We can either be the big losers, or the big winners to come out of this, depending on what happens with the Broncos before us. I believe Ballard will take Nelson or trade down if he's gone now. The chances of Chubb being there if the Giants pick are almost 0 now IMO. Someone could trade up for a QB, but the options are trade down or take Nelson IMO now.

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I think Darnold is going #1

Either way, with this trade happening, I think there will be a chain reaction soon. Someone will probably trade up with the Giants or Broncos, or the Broncos may just trade up with the Giants. However, this puts us in a tough spot as far as getting one of the top three non-qb prospects now.

I still think the Giants are going QB. Even their fans don't think this means they're drafting Chubb.

They think this is just a cap saving move, he was on a terrible contract, to make space for re-signing Collins and OBJ. Plus they're switching to a 3-4, not exactly Chubb's best fit. Not to mention the Giants brass has seemingly been courting Josh Rosen pretty hard.

Different type of question. I think Ballard said in his interview that there was a drop off after the first 8-10 players and that included QB's. Would anyone here be upset if Ballard took his top ranked guy out of Ward, Edmunds, or Roquan Smith if the top 3 prospects were all gone?

8 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I still think the Giants are going QB. Even their fans don't think this means they're going to draft Chubb.

They think this is just a cap saving move, he was on a terrible contract, to make space for re-signing Collins and OBJ. Plus they're switching to a 3-4, not exactly Chubb's best fit.

Are they for sure switching to a 3-4? I had wondered about that since they got Bettcher as their DC. Chubb wouldn't be the best fit for that. I still think Buffalo will offer them a haul to try to move up. We'll see if the Giants bite.

14 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Either way, with this trade happening, I think there will be a chain reaction soon. Someone will probably trade up with the Giants or Broncos, or the Broncos may just trade up with the Giants. However, this puts us in a tough spot as far as getting one of the top three non-qb prospects now.

I don't know why the Giants would be trading out of #2 now.

I don't think we need to get into panic mode here.  No matter what, we are in an excellent position at 6, even if we don't get Chubb.

Nelson would be a great addition at a massive position of need.  I still think Barkley will be off the board at 6.

The other option, if Barkley, Chubb and Nelson are all gone, we would be in a phenomenal position to move back for a team that would be willing to sell the farm for one of the remaining QB's.  We could collect a vast amount of draft capital in the first three rounds for this year and next and add some starters at so many positions of need. 

There is even an argument for if Barkley is at #6, we can trade back for teams that want him as that generational talent, but likely not the same haul as if QB there.

17 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I still think the Giants are going QB. Even Giants fans don't think this means that they're going to draft Chubb.

They think this is just a cap saving move, he was on a terrible contract, to make space for re-signing Collins and OBJ. Plus they're switching to a 3-4, not exactly Chubb's best fit.

who said they are going 3-4?

2 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

I don't think we need to get into panic mode here.  No matter what, we are in an excellent position at 6, even if we don't get Chubb.

Nelson would be a great addition at a massive position of need.  I still think Barkley will be off the board at 6.

The other option, if Barkley, Chubb and Nelson are all gone, we would be in a phenomenal position to move back for a team that would be willing to sell the farm for one of the remaining QB's.  We could collect a vast amount of draft capital in the first three rounds for this year and next and add some starters at so many positions of need. 

There is even an argument for if Barkley is at #6, we can trade back for teams that want him as that generational talent, but likely not the same haul as if QB there.

Not sure Nelson makes it past Denver.