Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hurns versus Meredith

Does it seem like CB is playing chicken with the Bears right now?

Like he's waiting for them to sign Hurns and straight up releasing Meredith before extending an offer?

Like he's made a gentleman's agreement with Meredith saying we'll sign you to this 3 year prove it deal once they release you OR we'll offer on the 11th hour and force them to decide quickly.

Let's not forget that Rex Hogan brought him in as an UDFA for the Bears in 2015! 

Guy at work is a Bears fan.  

I don't see Meridith released.  He's an RFA on original round tender.  So he's costing them nearly nothing.  

Of course the Original round tender means that other teams are going to offer him and probably force the Bears to match.  I told him it was a mistake when they gave him that tender.  And just today he's learned that Meridith is talking with multiple teams.  

Of course if the Bears get Hurns they may just refuse to match the RFA offer.  

They could have paid a little more money then the original round tender, put him on a 2nd round tender and he wouldn't have been touched.  I don't know why so many teams screw this up and put UDFA's on original round tenders. 

32 minutes ago, colts52761 said:

Hurns , Meredith, Inman, Pryor,    who is the best wr available?

For me it is probably Meredith with Willie Snead being a close second. 

Oddly enough both both of them are RFAs and both are visiting the Ravens this week. 

I actually like the the way the ravens are remaking their WRs. Crabtree and John Brown (for cheap) are both solid gets. 

3 hours ago, colts52761 said:

Hurns , Meredith, Inman, Pryor,    who is the best wr available?

Pryor. Low risk , high reward. Would dominate outside if used the right way. He's the just go deep guy and I think we could use that. He's cheap as well.

11 hours ago, SolidGold said:

But Pryor would be my second option for the WR2. I think Luck could help develop that raw skill into a very good deep threat. 

I'll pass.  Did next to nothing for the Redskins.  

I think Browns caught lightning in a bottle with that thousand yard season.  I don't see it happening again. 

Pass on Pryor. He was a bust in Washington, and there's no indication he'd improve in Indy.

I don't think Meredith will join the Colts , although it would be a good pickup. Meredith is visiting the Ravens, so he's still checking other teams.

7 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

I'll pass.  Did next to nothing for the Redskins.  

I think Browns caught lightning in a bottle with that thousand yard season.  I don't see it happening again. 

I guess that injured ankle that got him put on IR had nothing to do with it right?

18 hours ago, SolidGold said:

Pryor. Low risk , high reward. Would dominate outside if used the right way. He's the just go deep guy and I think we could use that. He's cheap as well.

Id take a look at Prior as well. I know for a fact he'd help take some heat off TY.  And he doesn't have to necessarily be the #2 receiver in my opinion.

I think Pryor is worth a gamble. Two years, team option on number two Guarantee the first year salary. Something went sideways with the Skins. Second choice: Matthews. Third choice: Inman. 

Meredith is a waste of time. The Bears will match unless the offer is silly. Which, given free agency this year, is likely. Either way, the Colts won't be silly with their offer.