GusFring

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Not like he'll be there at 6... or even 3 for that matter. Telling you, he has the Giants written all over him

I hope you're right.  The Giants turning down a trade offer from a QB hungry team will hopefully make our pick 6 even more valuable.

Giants are picking a QB... Its the only way they could turn down a huge trade offer from the NYJ, imo... unless they think they can get significantly more for the pick on draft day... Either way, to me, it's very likely to be a QB taken with that 2nd pick... way more likely than Chubb or even Barkley.

19 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

i am a fan of trading back for the picks we got but Chubb and Barkley are two players we will be missing out on at 6. Hopefully we can still get Nelson

9 minutes ago, BOTT said:

That is far from fact.

You won’t hear me say this often, but I agree with Bott. That said, I think there is a 99.999% chance that Barkley is gone by 4. I would be shocked if he gets past Cleveland. I am convinced that Barkley comes off the board at either 2 or 4. 

Chubb on the other hand, he could very well fall to us. There is a real chance that 4 quarterbacks and Barkley could be taken right in front of us. 

What I am not certain about is who we would take between Chubb and Nelson. I think Nelson is the better prospect, but there are a lot of really good offensive linemen to draft in the second round. However, this would pretty much be our only real shot and an impact defensive end. 

29 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Belichick isn't trying to draft Chubb. IMO, he probably told Chubb not to sign with the Colts at all costs if we draft him. There's no other reason to go to his pro day when the Pats have the 31st pick.

Chubb wasn't the only player at North Carolina's pro day.

Besides, if the Colts draft Chubb and he refuses to play for the Colts he won't play for any team as long as they hold the rights to him. As far as I know Chubb don't play baseball or basketball so he don't have that bargaining chip.