Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My First Mock(Trade Down)

I will admit I have been all aboard the trade down train since day one. I am glad that Ballard pulled that trade off with the Jets, but I am hoping he is not done yet. My mock will include a few trades and maybe a few surprises as well. Let me know what you think.

TRADES

6====12, 21, 96, 121(Bills)

12===15, 79, 2019 3rd(Cardinals)

DRAFT

(1)15: Leighton Vander Esch MLB I honestly prefer him over Edmunds. I can see him becoming one of the best middle linebackers in the league. He's instinctive, athletic, great size, and most importantly good in coverage. Could be the center of our defense for the next decade. 

(1)21: Harold Landry DE The best pure pass rusher in this draft. He would be a great paring with Sheard and I would love to see Mathis work with him. With us playing on turf more often than not he could have high sack production early.

(2)36: Mike McGlinchey OT I could see him sliding into the early second. If he doesn't there should be a good interior lineman prospect here i.e. Wynn, Daniels, Hernandez, Price, and maybe OT Williams although I doubt it.

(2)37: Carlton Davis CB I think he is a perfect fit for this new scheme we are running. He is a big physical cornerback that is real tough to throw on. Wilson and him would make a good tandem that can really help create an identity on defense.  

(2)49: Nick Chubb RB Would pair well with Marlon Mack. He is a tough inside runner who has enough to break off long runs. He is one of my favorite running backs in this class, but I am also high on Rashaad Penny and Royce Freeman. If Chubb is gone by this pick(which is quite possible) I would like to see Penny here.

(3)67: Anthony Miller WR Honestly just a guy I want to root for. He is a hard worker who plays with a chip on his shoulder. He has been highly productive of his college career but also overlooked. I hope Ballard doesn't over look him as well.

(3)79: Frank Ragnow OG/C I really like him as a prospect. He did play center throughout his time at Arkansas he has the length to play guard. Although I'd like for him to compete with Kelly for that center spot. Ballard likes to preach competition and IMO Kelly could use it. I'm not as high on Kelly as most people on here. It could be just injuries slowing him down but regardless competition is a good thing.

(3)96: Allen Lazard WR I am a fan of his. He is a big bodied receiver that uses his size well. He has got strong hands that he uses well to win jump balls. He actually reminds my of Mike Evans and they have almost identical combine numbers. I'm not saying they are they same prospect coming out of college, but they do have similarities. 

(4)104: Fred Warner LB Was looking for a rangy athletic linebacker here and Warner fits the bill. Would definitely look at Darius Leonard here if he slides this far. 

(4)121: Josey Jewell LB He is a damn good linebacker. He does lack athleticism but he is smart, productive, instinctual, and fun to watch. I could see him becoming our Sean Lee in this defense. Eberflus might be happy with this pick.

(5)140: Quenton Meeks CB Another big physical cornerback that could do quite well in a zone based scheme

(6)178: Ito Smith RB Highly productive overlooked running back that would do best in a RBC. He is a little undersized and has a lot of tread but he is still a good running back that can help in the passing game as well.

(7)220: Trey Quinn WR Could be a steal here if used properly. 

Sorry I don’t think there is anyway Ballard makes either of those deals.  Maybe the Bills deal but I still don’t see it.  Do either of those offers “blow you away”?  My guess is no because they don’t.  I can’t see dropping back anywhere past the top 10. Like I said maybe the buffalo deal if it include their future 1 as well but no thanks.  You also seem to be reaching for a lot of guys.  Pick 15 is a late to early second round projection.  Landry is a second rounder.  The WR you mocked in the third I’m pretty sure is slated as a fifth rounder.