Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bostic to Steelers

The only one of those that really hurts is Melvin. Strange that he took a one year prove it deal. That is a big time gamble with NFL injury rates being what they are.  Guess his agent convInced him that one more year of top notch play will open the bank vaults. But he’ll be 30 then. I dunno. 

23 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Don't you know, by trashing ex-colts that el cheapo doesn't bring back you show support to him? Like a good little colt fan is supposed to. Lol.

Nailed it.

Fact is that we know for sure that 6 starters are out and not coming back. Still not sure about Mewhort, Desir and a couple of others.

Bostic wasn't the best linebacker ever to play the game, but he was pretty good against the run, and not the worst player on our roster.

52 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

I mean, Bostic was our best ILB in awhile, but let’s trash on him. Sure, why not?

27 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Don't you know, by trashing ex-colts that el cheapo doesn't bring back you show support to him? Like a good little colt fan is supposed to. Lol.

Just because he was the best on a team with terrible LBs doesn’t mean he was good? Common sense, use it. 

41 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Just because he was the best on a team with terrible LBs doesn’t mean he was good? Common sense, use it. 

So because he was better than the other backers we have and he is leaving, it permits us to trash a temporary fill-in player? I’m sorry if my stance doesn’t qualify for a misuse in common sense. 

15 minutes ago, BOTT said:

That's like saying Whoopi Goldberg is the smartest woman on The View.

Regardless of clever comparatives, I don’t think we should bash on Bostic. It’s not like he was a dirty player, or had a coaching staff to improve his play. 

29 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

So because he was better than the other backers we have and he is leaving, it permits us to trash a temporary fill-in player? I’m sorry if my stance doesn’t qualify for a misuse in common sense. 

He was bad? Check. We changed schemes? Check. We will most certainly draft a LB or two? Check. 

Seriously, common sense, use it. 

2 hours ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

I wasn't supporting or saying he should have been brought back. I was supporting the poster who said he shouldnt be TRASHED.

Hankens was a solid player. He was cut yesterday for monetary reasons. He also was Trashed to show support for el cheapo.

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I wasn't supporting or saying he should have been brought back. I was supporting the poster who said he shouldnt be TRASHED.

Hankens was a solid player. He was cut yesterday for monetary reasons. He also was Trashed to show support for el cheapo.

Hankins was cut because of scheme change, had nothing to do with money. Lol

6 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Holy crap! 

Now you've gone completely off your meds....

Good luck getting anyone who matters here to take you seriously ever again....

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

He was bad? Check. We changed schemes? Check. We will most certainly draft a LB or two? Check. 

Yes, now we will have 3 linebackers two outside and 1 in the middle so he was definitely expendable. 

3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

It just keeps getting worse and worse and worse for you...

This is so pitiful.

4 hours ago, CopenhagenColt said:

Nailed it.

Fact is that we know for sure that 6 starters are out and not coming back. Still not sure about Mewhort, Desir and a couple of others.

Bostic wasn't the best linebacker ever to play the game, but he was pretty good against the run, and not the worst player on our roster.

Six starters from a team that was terrible.   

2 hours ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

But he was still better than the rest of the LB core, so what are you trying to argue? It’s not really common sense to bash a player, especially if he outperformed the competition in house. Your argument is excused from the use of logic. 

4 hours ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

I could be wrong, but I thought all ColtsBlitz was saying is that there is no reason to bash Bostic on his way out.  He was not saying the Colts should retain Bostic.  At least that's how I took the post.

7 hours ago, CopenhagenColt said:

So to sum up, that's Hankins, Mingo, Gore, Melvin, Bostic and Moncrief definitively out the door.

Autry only one coming in.

Good luck to Bostic.

Well along with our extra 2nd rounder next year we should have at least one comp pick as well, so that's a positive.

29 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

But he was still better than the rest of the LB core, so what are you trying to argue? It’s not really common sense to bash a player, especially if he outperformed the competition in house. Your argument is excused from the use of logic. 

Again, we changed schemes. C’mon man, holy % lol. I never bashed him either FYI, I said he is bad.

Again, common sense ain’t so common for everyone. 

25 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

I could be wrong, but I thought all ColtsBlitz was saying is that there is no reason to bash Bostic on his way out.  He was not saying the Colts should retain Bostic.  At least that's how I took the post.

And I would agree with that. But some posters seem to think it was a mistake letting him leave, and I don’t know if that’s funny or sad. 

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Six starters from a team that was terrible.   

I'm going to call bull on that. It's beyond laughable to claim Melvin, Gore, Hankins, Moncrief and Moncrief was "terrible" last season.

Hankins was out best D-line player. Melvin was our best player in the secondary. Gore did a fine job behind an awful O-line. Mingo and Moncrief was clearly useful players, and has no had problem getting new deals paying them millions to play in the NFL, just like Hankins and Melvin, so thery're probably not all that "terrible" at playing football.

There are nuances in this world. It's not black or white, all pro or completely useless.

8 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

El Cheapo is our leader in the football cartel. Who else could we turn to except our glorious leader?

(but seriously LJ, that nickname is amazing:lol:)

12 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

I mean Irsay said it.. which means the staff thought it. 

Not all 4-3s are the same by the way. 

Base 4-3s are all the same.  NT, UT, and 2 DEs.  Hankins has play in 4-3s except last year.

A year ago at this time,  there was EXACTLY NO ONE who was asking for Ballard to sign Jon Bostic.

And when Ballard did,  most of the reaction was the same.....     "HE SUCKS!!    What is Ballard doing?"

If Ballard let him go,  he didn't want to pay him what Pittssburgh did....

OR....

We offered same or more,  and Bostic decided to sign with the better team right now --- the Steelers.

Either way,   Ballard will find someone he can work with,  or draft someone....