Needs:

LG, RG, RT, WR2, RB, 

DT, 3 LBs, DE, CB, SS 

Resign: 

1 year $2 mil Vinatieri

2 years $3.5M/year Mewhort

2 years $3M/year Desir

Primary Signings: 

• Ndamukong Suh 3 Years $15M/year only guarantee $28M in the first 2 years.
  • Autry $7M/year 

This leaves us with about $50M+ in cap. I don’t think Ballard will get Suh, but I hope he does after releasing Hankins. There has to be a logical reason why he released Hankins, and he may be targeting a FA DT.

Draft

Trade 6th overall 5th & 7th round picks for 12 22 56. Bills get to take a QB, we have 7 picks in the first 70 picks while most teams barely have 2. Top 70 is where I think you can get Day 1 starters in the draft at a high rate. 

12: DL Vita Vea, Washington - best DT in the draft. Great size and strength and would fill in nicely for Hankins. He could go top 8 in another draft with less QB talent. Still has some technique to work on but has a good floor and an insane ceiling.

22: OT Mike McGlinchey ND- probably the best tackle in the draft. If he’s not here, Connor Williams may be. Immediate starter at RT. Can move to LT in the future.

36: G Will Hernandez UTEP - starts day 1 and immediately improves our line.

37: LB Malik Jefferson, Texas - good size and speed. Day 1 starter and immediately our best LB. 

49: G/C Billy Price, Ohio state -  starts day 1 (if healthy) and can move to C if Kelly is hurt. He will likely drop to mid-late 2nd because of his injury at the combine.

56: CB Carlton Davis, Auburn - big physical corner that Ballard likes. Likely starts opposite of Quincy Wilson day 1.

67: RB Nick Chubb, Georgia- can be a 3 down back but will likely be in a committee with Mack. Complements Mack well. 

106: LB Fred Warner, BYU - day 1 starter. Would be a steal in the 4th. Hybrid LB who can play inside, outside, or cover in the slot. probably the best ILB in coverage this draft which is something we need. Much faster than any LB currently on our roster.

180: WR Allen Lazard, Iowa state- good college WR with nice size. Can be our WR 2 or 3. With the departure of Moncrief we need a big WR. Our lack of depth at WR would force him into a starting role.

Projected Starting lineup:

DT Suh, Vea/woods

DE Sheard, Autry/Basham 

LB Simon, Jefferson, Warner

CB Wilson, Davis, Hairston/Desir

S Hooker, Geathers

QB Luck

RB Chubb/Mack

TE Doyle

WR Hilton, Lazard, Rodgers

OT Castonzo, McGlinchey

OG Hernandez, Price

C Kelly

Recap: I like Bradley Chubb who may be there at 6, but with our inactivity during free agency and the release of Hankins, I think trading back again would be most beneficial. We still get a premium player at 12 because of the run on QBs early in the 1st. I targeted players I think can start early in the season. I think with the first 4 rounds we can find starters if Ballard is smart with the picks, and a lower round WR will likely start due to the lack of depth. This is a team I can see competing in the future with the right coaching. Lots of rookies and lots of growing pains early on.

• OL is fixed! (interior OL are statistically the safest picks in the first two rounds)
  • DL can still use an elite DE, but Vea and Suh can become one of the best DT duos in the league.
  • Drafted 2 LBs who can make a difference. Both are big, fast and athletic unlike our current LBs. Both are 6’3 240 with impressive verticals and 40s.
  • Hooker with our 2 physical corners on the outside will create lots of turnovers. Could still use a better SS.
  • We get Luck back and give him a big end zone target with Lazard (6’5)
  • Chubb and Mack form an above average RB Comittee. 
  • 5 new starters on Offense, 6 on Defense. 
  • Still lack depth at a lot of positions but Ballard will likely sign lots of depth guys for cheap instead of building blocks.
  •  

4 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Needs:

LG, RG, RT, WR2, RB, 

DT, 3 LBs, DE, CB, SS 

Resign: 

1 year $2 mil Vinatieri

2 years $3.5M/year Mewhort

2 years $3M/year Desir

Primary Signings: 

• Ndamukong Suh 3 Years $15M/year only guarantee $28M in the first 2 years.
  • Autry $7M/year 

This leaves us with about $50M+ in cap. I don’t think Ballard will get Suh, but I hope he does after releasing Hankins. There has to be a logical reason why he released Hankins, and he may be targeting a FA DT.

Draft

Trade 6th overall 5th & 7th round picks for 12 22 56. Bills get to take a QB, we have 7 picks in the first 70 picks while most teams barely have 2. Top 70 is where I think you can get Day 1 starters in the draft at a high rate. 

12: DL Vita Vea, Washington - best DT in the draft. Great size and strength and would fill in nicely for Hankins. He could go top 8 in another draft with less QB talent. Still has some technique to work on but has a good floor and an insane ceiling.

22: OT Mike McGlinchey ND- probably the best tackle in the draft. If he’s not here, Connor Williams may be. Immediate starter at RT. Can move to LT in the future.

36: G Will Hernandez UTEP - starts day 1 and immediately improves our line.

37: LB Malik Jefferson, Texas - good size and speed. Day 1 starter and immediately our best LB. 

49: G/C Billy Price, Ohio state -  starts day 1 (if healthy) and can move to C if Kelly is hurt. He will likely drop to mid-late 2nd because of his injury at the combine.

56: CB Carlton Davis, Auburn - big physical corner that Ballard likes. Likely starts opposite of Quincy Wilson day 1.

67: RB Nick Chubb, Georgia- can be a 3 down back but will likely be in a committee with Mack. Complements Mack well. 

106: LB Fred Warner, BYU - day 1 starter. Would be a steal in the 4th. Hybrid LB who can play inside, outside, or cover in the slot. probably the best ILB in coverage this draft which is something we need. Much faster than any LB currently on our roster.

180: WR Allen Lazard, Iowa state- good college WR with nice size. Can be our WR 2 or 3. With the departure of Moncrief we need a big WR. Our lack of depth at WR would force him into a starting role.

Projected Starting lineup:

DT Suh, Vea/woods

DE Sheard, Autry/Basham 

LB Simon, Jefferson, Warner

CB Wilson, Davis, Hairston/Desir

S Hooker, Geathers

QB Luck

RB Chubb/Mack

TE Doyle

WR Hilton, Lazard, Rodgers

OT Castonzo, McGlinchey

OG Hernandez, Price

C Kelly

Recap: I like Bradley Chubb who may be there at 6, but with our inactivity during free agency and the release of Hankins, I think trading back again would be most beneficial. We still get a premium player at 12 because of the run on QBs early in the 1st. I targeted players I think can start early in the season. I think with the first 4 rounds we can find starters if Ballard is smart with the picks, and a lower round WR will likely start due to the lack of depth. This is a team I can see competing in the future with the right coaching. Lots of rookies and lots of growing pains early on.

• OL is fixed! (interior OL are statistically the safest picks in the first two rounds)
  • DL can still use an elite DE, but Vea and Suh can become one of the best DT duos in the league.
  • Drafted 2 LBs who can make a difference. Both are big, fast and athletic unlike our current LBs. Both are 6’3 240 with impressive verticals and 40s.
  • Hooker with our 2 physical corners on the outside will create lots of turnovers. Could still use a better SS.
  • We get Luck back and give him a big end zone target with Lazard (6’5)
  • Chubb and Mack form an above average RB Comittee. 
  • 5 new starters on Offense, 6 on Defense. 
  • Still lack depth at a lot of positions but Ballard will likely sign lots of depth guys for cheap instead of building blocks.
  •  

No to Chubb Guice all the wayyy if he falls to second

I like the resigns, however, I don't see us going after Suh based on Ballard's approach. Billy Price would be a steal at 49 but won't last that long. Will Hernandez is being mocked in the first now based on his combine performance but would love to have him in the trenches. Not too stoked to miss out on Nelson or Chubb at 6.

11 minutes ago, Indy Fan said:

I like the resigns, however, I don't see us going after Suh based on Ballard's approach. Billy Price would be a steal at 49 but won't last that long. Will Hernandez is being mocked in the first now based on his combine performance but would love to have him in the trenches. Not too stoked to miss out on Nelson or Chubb at 6.

I wouldn't be pleased to miss out on Chubb or Nelson wither but that mock was the best one I have seen yet.

1 hour ago, Indy Fan said:

Billy Price was projected early-mid 2nd before the combine before he tore his pec so I’m predicting he drops to mid-late 2nd because he may not be 100% by training camp. Hernandez could be gone late 1st but I think he will likely be there early 2nd.