Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1st and 2nd Round Picks

Caffrey

I thought with the 3rd pick, I'd be happy with 1-DE Chubbs, 2-RB Barkley, and 3-OG Nelson.  I still feel that way but think Barkley will go gone.  In casual football social talk, others say Cleveland should take Barkely #1 over any QB, but they can gamble and get the QB they want and still get Barkley at #4.  Unless the Jets do something weird and take Barkley #3.

Anyway, BLUF,  I'd be very happy with 1-OG Nelson, 2-RB Sony Michel (any of the 3 second rounders).  I was very impressed with him whenever I seen Georgia play.  I think he would be a second round steal and can pair with Marlon Mack in our backfield.  

I think we still need an upgrade at ILB.

At DT:  Woods (good year), Ridgeway(young and improving, opportunity to start), and Stewart(should make rookie year jump) are a decent trio, but no superstars, unless Ridgeway or Stewart makes a big jump.  Anderson can play inside on passing downs.

WR is a needs with Moncrief departing.  TY is TY, Rogers is an undrafted FA nugget but has to remain healthy.  Need another dependable WR or we will hurting in the 3 WR, not to mention 4 WR formations.

Beside my wants, we have 2 other 2nd rounders to do something.  Plus possibly another FA sighnee?  Not sure what Chris Ballard thoughts are, just wanted to put this disclaimer here.

1 hour ago, Caffrey said:

I thought with the 3rd pick, I'd be happy with 1-DE Chubbs, 2-RB Barkley, and 3-OG Nelson.  I still feel that way but think Barkley will go gone.  In casual football social talk, others say Cleveland should take Barkely #1 over any QB, but they can gamble and get the QB they want and still get Barkley at #4.  Unless the Jets do something weird and take Barkley #3.

Anyway, BLUF,  I'd be very happy with 1-OG Nelson, 2-RB Sony Michel (any of the 3 second rounders).  I was very impressed with him whenever I seen Georgia play.  I think he would be a second round steal and can pair with Marlon Mack in our backfield.  

I think we still need an upgrade at ILB.

At DT:  Woods (good year), Ridgeway(young and improving, opportunity to start), and Stewart(should make rookie year jump) are a decent trio, but no superstars, unless Ridgeway or Stewart makes a big jump.  Anderson can play inside on passing downs.

WR is a needs with Moncrief departing.  TY is TY, Rogers is an undrafted FA nugget but has to remain healthy.  Need another dependable WR or we will hurting in the 3 WR, not to mention 4 WR formations.

Beside my wants, we have 2 other 2nd rounders to do something.  Plus possibly another FA sighnee?  Not sure what Chris Ballard thoughts are, just wanted to put this disclaimer here.

I think Denver takes Nelson at 5 and so we may have to go with the best MLB or CB. in this case we will have to use two of our 2nd picks on G. we have got to fix this OL.. it would be good to maybe even trade that #6 pick to the Bills for their two first round picks and maybe pick the best 2 G's not name Nelson