Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Weddle calls Bradford most paid NFL player for little

chad72

For the life of me,  I don't think I'll ever understand Player on Player HATE.     Why should Waddle publicly call out Sam Bradford?      Bradford didn't do anything wrong.    He didn't create the system the NFL has operated under.    He simply was paid by the teams that wanted him.    That's how it's supposed to work.

It's one thing if some media type says this....    or a former GM or scout....     but a PLAYER?

It's one thing to THINK IT,  it's quite another to publicly SAY IT.

What's the point of bashing your own for getting paid?      I don't think it's a good look...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For the life of me,  I don't think I'll ever understand Player on Player HATE.     Why should Waddle publicly call out Sam Bradford?      Bradford didn't do anything wrong.    He didn't create the system the NFL has operated under.    He simply was paid by the teams that wanted him.    That's how it's supposed to work.

It's one thing if some media type says this....    or a former GM or scout....     but a PLAYER?

What's the point of bashing your own for getting paid?      I don't think it's a good look...

Exactly what I was coming to post. What a hater, why is Weddle talking about Sam Bradford's money?

Non sense.

Haters gon hate

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I agree.   Weddle is being a *.   It's not like Sam intentionally didn't want to play.  

Arizona is taking a big risk in signing him.   But if he stays healthy, it will be worth it.   In his limited starting time, he's thrown for over 62% completions with 101 TD's and 57 INT's.  

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oh it looks bad for sure. I can see where it comes from. Weddle is struggling to stay in the league and has had a long productive career and gets the scraps of what falls off the qbs plates. I mean when you've accomplished all that he has and a guy that has done nothing and gets a 1 year contract as big as your 4 year then I'm sure you might be bitter. All that said yes it looks very petty and foolish. Nothing good can come from it. Teams aren't going to suddenly say "OMG...your right Eric...let's give you 20 million a year instead!" I don't know if it was a long thought out response...but I'd hope it was a guy that had one too many beers and spewed it out when he saw the details and tweeted too fast before he thought. Even though what he said seemed childish etc there is truth....there is an effect. Guys like Tyrann Mathieu get cut so teams can afford to throw money at backup qbs. The pie isn't unlimited....if Sam eats half...that's less for everyone else....he is just saying he isn't deserving...and he is right. Again though...I agree with you...life isn't fair...the system isn't fair because all positions aren't equal. Badfords job is way more important to fill then Weddles...and there are only a handful (and Sam isn't one of them) that can play Bradfords position in the world. Supply and demand. Sucks...but its reality. Yes...Weddle looks like an *.

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

It's a bit classless in a media CHOCK FULL of classlessness. I don't necessarily disagree with you, but your response strikes me as a bit over the top

Yeah and their are a lot of people in life who have done more than required for less than deserved. It's called life. Some people just think they aren't living it. Sounds like pure entitlement to me. And Eric deserves none of it. Eric's significant other must have left him for Bradford. Can't think of any other reason to even open his mouth. 

On 3/19/2018 at 11:05 AM, shakedownstreet said:

It's a bit classless in a media CHOCK FULL of classlessness. I don't necessarily disagree with you, but your response strikes me as a bit over the top

Huh?

First ...   this has nothing to do with the media.   This is one player publicly criticizing another for making money.   This wasn't a case of some member of the media ripping Bradford, it was a player.

So since you say you don't disagree, then what in the world is so over the top?

Sorry...   I'm confused...

On 3/25/2018 at 10:01 AM, NannyMcafee said:

Yeah and their are a lot of people in life who have done more than required for less than deserved. It's called life. Some people just think they aren't living it. Sounds like pure entitlement to me. And Eric deserves none of it. Eric's significant other must have left him for Bradford. Can't think of any other reason to even open his mouth. 

Sam Bradford's a joke, just milks the fact he's plays the QB position and was a former #1 pick and Heisman Trophy winner to get money.

Closest thing to legal money laundering there is.

Sure, he's rich and great compared with normal folk...but compared to NFL players, he's a joke.

On 19/03/2018 at 2:05 PM, shakedownstreet said:

On 29/03/2018 at 6:19 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

First ...   this has nothing to do with the media.   This is one player publicly criticizing another for making money.   This wasn't a case of some member of the media ripping Bradford, it was a player.

So since you say you don't disagree, then what in the world is so over the top?

Sorry...   I'm confused...

Still don't completely disagree, but the second response is a bit over the top just like the previous one. Just one man's opinion. I'm sure you won't agree, that's fine

On 3/29/2018 at 10:37 PM, rock8591 said:

Sam Bradford's a joke, just milks the fact he's plays the QB position and was a former #1 pick and Heisman Trophy winner to get money.

Closest thing to legal money laundering there is.

Sure, he's rich and great compared with normal folk...but compared to NFL players, he's a joke.

I don't think you know what you are talking about.  

Bradford is injury prone no doubt.   He is very talented at what he does.   Teams are still willing to take the chance.   I wouldn't, because he is damaged goods, but it's not like he has been milking questionable injuries like some players have in the past.